Heavyocity AEON Now available for Reason

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
BPGeez

12 May 2016

I really Like the Arp in Aeon.. I wish there was some type of feedback to the movement, but the experimental nature is pretty cool
Last edited by BPGeez on 12 May 2016, edited 2 times in total.
Reason is my girlfriend. Sometimes she mistreats me, but I still love her.

Checkout my tunes made with Reason: https://soundcloud.com/geez-musicals

lowpryo

12 May 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:Heaven forbid it might be (and I'm playing devil's advocate here - I've not tried either yet) because it's not very good, or just too limited.
I agree with mostly everything you said, but are you sure "too limited" is a good reason to give a poor star rating? when there's no separation between "this product functions poorly" and "this product doesn't do what I want", that's when a star rating system becomes useless IMO

TheGodOfRainbows

12 May 2016

Speaking of Re's that deserve a low rating, McDSP's EQ's have had bugs with the knobs for over a year now, and they have done NOTHING. They are aware of the problem. It's just not that important to them obviously. Anyway, if I could retroactively lower my rating to ONE star I would, because they have acknowledged it, had plenty of time to fix it, and have done nothing. Yeah they sound good, but constantly having to fiddle with the knobs before they kick in will test anyone's patience, and every time I reach for them in the rack, I hesitate because they are so annoying to use. Here is the thread where I first talked about the bug. It is very easy to reproduce.

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... p&start=50

spacefarmer

12 May 2016

First I was looking forward as I heard from Heavyocitys entry in the reasonworld, but I won't try and I did not rate.
In my eyes this RE is a downgraded, "poorman-equipped" version of its Kontaktbrother you can't rate with five stars - something between three and four is enough.
Without filterenvelope or lfo and some other features it is a bit disappointing and incomplete.
I don't want developers to be discouraged cause of improvident ratings,
but if you rate RE like Aeon or Orchestral to high, the so called big players will think, that they can sell us toys instead of serious products.
And if Harmonic, for me an example for a perfect RE, gets 4.6, than Aeon Organics rating with 3.5 is correct in the actual version in my eyes.

tiker01

12 May 2016

Shokstar wrote:my biggist issue at the moment is, I haven´t enough space left on my HDD and I can´t install it on another HDD-Partition....
Actually you can move the Re folder by using symbolic link.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

dvdrtldg

12 May 2016

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:Speaking of Re's that deserve a low rating, McDSP's EQ's have had bugs with the knobs for over a year now, and they have done NOTHING. They are aware of the problem. It's just not that important to them obviously. Anyway, if I could retroactively lower my rating to ONE star I would, because they have acknowledged it, had plenty of time to fix it, and have done nothing. Yeah they sound good, but constantly having to fiddle with the knobs before they kick in will test anyone's patience, and every time I reach for them in the rack, I hesitate because they are so annoying to use. Here is the thread where I first talked about the bug. It is very easy to reproduce.

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php ... p&start=50
Just tried to reproduce it with the E670 on my Mac, everything seems fine. Does it happen every time for you?

joeyluck

12 May 2016

We've gotten things a bit off topic here. And I'll take some responsibility for segueing to the rating system as the rating of the products is related to the products. So if we could please keep things more in-line with the Heavocity Rack Extensions.

Heavocity replied to me and said that they will consider some of my suggestions for future releases :)

tiker01

12 May 2016

joeyluck wrote:We've gotten things a bit off topic here. And I'll take some responsibility for segueing to the rating system as the rating of the products is related to the products. So if we could please keep things more in-line with the Heavocity Rack Extensions.

Heavocity replied to me and said that they will consider some of my suggestions for future releases :)
Which ones in particular?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

joeyluck

12 May 2016

tiker01 wrote:
joeyluck wrote:We've gotten things a bit off topic here. And I'll take some responsibility for segueing to the rating system as the rating of the products is related to the products. So if we could please keep things more in-line with the Heavocity Rack Extensions.

Which ones in particular?
I just suggested that they add sample selection/switching or at least have a folder in the presets that included each sample set individually (1 Channel); such as 'piano close' 'piano ambient' etc. It would then at least be a bit more comprehensive when creating Combinators or if you are just looking to play the strings without other samples involved.

They did inform me that sample switching is not found in the Kontakt version either. Of course, that would be the more elegant solution...

joeyluck

12 May 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:
joeyluck wrote: My only concern is with people rating low just because it isn't their cup of tea or because of download issues. I certainly don't mind people stating why they don't like a RE and the reasons behind it. I also said in a previous comment in this thread that there are REs that aren't for me, but I don't rate them or base my rating of them because of that.
With respect, Joey, that works both ways. I seem to recall you rated Project SAM 5 stars right after it launched without even trying it, just because it was a new developer to Reason rather than because it was a quality product. :puf_wink:
That is correct. As I made in known before, partly to be transparent and to make a point of revamping the rating system.
If you could see my review next to my 5 star rating, then you would know how much weight to place on my rating. Would also be nice to be able to go back and change ratings and edit reviews.

Yes, after contacting many many developers to port their Kontakt libraries and knowing how few have given Reason and the RE format a chance...and knowing how much work goes into developing for the format; yes—I place great value in that. And as you agree, developers shouldn't be held accountable for download issues. At least my reasons for sometimes voting the way I do relates directly to the developer and their products.

Because of that, I still strongly disagree that reviews would be a bad feature, because it holds people accountable for their ratings. And developers can chime in if they want to gives thanks, converse about ideas/suggestions, clear up any misconceptions or misuse, etc.
Amazon is a bad example. You're dealing with shipping and a multitude of different tangible products. Apple store reviews would be a better example.

I can see that many users are rating Propellerhead's Figure low as of recent. I can also see that the majority of the reviews are rating low because they don't like the Allihoopa banner. I wouldn't have known otherwise. And neither would Propellerhead.

So I think we need to see more numbers and have reviews to back up ratings...or just remove the rating system.

That said, I didn't rate this 5 stars immediately just based on the sound demos. I did try these and do really like them. And I will use them extensively as I write music for film, theatre, and dance. I can understand how they might not be for everyone. But I also rate your products high even though many of them aren't my cup of tea. I wish more people could remove bias before rating or just not rate if something isn't for them to begin with...

boobytrap

13 May 2016

joeyluck wrote: So I think we need to see more numbers and have reviews to back up ratings...or just remove the rating system.
okay.. we were very happy community who lived by peace. there are no issues with the ratings before until this AEON get in and make this apocalypse situation. if heavyocity plan to release Giant un downloadable Re in future, better they contact PH about the downloads. or the result's would be the same. I'm not only one who get download problem. there are many. what about them. after this month there are no DEMO. now I can clearly see only few o them highly want to remove the rating system. THIS ALL BECAUSE OF HEAVYOCITY AEON.

witch who really enjoy this forget about others. situation is unacceptable ! this is just another RE. not a big deal with it. there are thousands of Kontact libraries MUCH better than heavyocity. I know you really like AEON for cinematic purpose, but please don't be rude to talk against ratings because of your personal pleasures. I'm not rating anything again. and I ask people who don't like a RE please stay away form votes. only people who like can vote 5 star. then it's 5 star.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

joeyluck

13 May 2016

boobytrap wrote:
joeyluck wrote: So I think we need to see more numbers and have reviews to back up ratings...or just remove the rating system.
okay.. we were very happy community who lived by peace. there are no issues with the ratings before until this AEON get in and make this apocalypse situation. if heavyocity plan to release Giant un downloadable Re in future, better they contact PH about the downloads. or the result's would be the same. I'm not only one who get download problem. there are many. what about them. after this month there are no DEMO. now I can clearly see only few o them highly want to remove the rating system. THIS ALL BECAUSE OF HEAVYOCITY AEON.

witch who really enjoy this forget about others. situation is unacceptable ! this is just another RE. not a big deal with it. there are thousands of Kontact libraries MUCH better than heavyocity. I know you really like AEON for cinematic purpose, but please don't be rude to talk against ratings because of your personal pleasures. I'm not rating anything again. and I ask people who don't like a RE please stay away form votes. only people who like can vote 5 star. then it's 5 star.
I've been stating this for a long time ever since the first day the shop opened ;)
It's been an issue for a long time.

Literally. If I could quote it I would.

Eugenio Santiago

13 May 2016

You guys are being absolutly pathetic. I´ll do a great music art work working with these Res (among others), and i´ll love the sounds and the inspiration. No matter this neverending succession of unwise hyperanalisis. Both downloaded for me fine. Less words, and more music.

boobytrap

13 May 2016

after this rating war suddenly 5 Re's dropped by 1 star.5 to 4
SP-2 Siberian Halls, Lithium, Metro Click-Machine, Solaris and JackBox QASIC RZ-i .
this is too clear about the people who live with hate. the couldn't resist 5 stars. this is awful they doing this to small developers. since long time we all talk about and waiting for a pro RE. but what Heavyocity done. I check the sound of ACON synth. honestly that's not really big deal. mostly suitable for film scoring and related things. not even 20% with EDM. 3.5 is perfectly fit......
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

joeyluck

13 May 2016

boobytrap wrote:I check the sound of AEON synth. honestly that's not really big deal. mostly suitable for film scoring and related things. not even 20% with EDM. 3.5 is perfectly fit......
Because something isn't suited for EDM it deserves a lower score? Because less people score films?
This was a point I made earlier—people rating things that aren't there cup of tea to begin with...

I did notice that applications like Reason 8 have no score and no way of rating and it simply says 'not rated yet.'
It works for that... I say they should just get rid of it or hide it for a bit and see how things fare.

dvdrtldg

13 May 2016

Eugenio Santiago wrote:You guys are being absolutly pathetic. I'll do a great music art work working with these Res (among others), and i´ll love the sounds and the inspiration. No matter this neverending succession of unwise hyperanalisis. Both downloaded for me fine. Less words, and more music.
Mate it's a discussion forum. Which means it's about discussion

IAMGOD

13 May 2016

decibel wrote:just brought a used maschine studio for a ridiculously cheap price, guy even threw in his license for komplete 10 ultimate on top for free,
How much did you pay for it?
Im selling my Maschine Studio also not sure how much to sell it for, its pretty much brand new I just bought it a few months ago
Follow me on Instagram: Mr_Relevant
And live vicariously through me.

decibel

14 May 2016

IAMGOD wrote:
decibel wrote:just brought a used maschine studio for a ridiculously cheap price, guy even threw in his license for komplete 10 ultimate on top for free,
Im selling my Maschine Studio also not sure how much to sell it for, its pretty much brand new I just bought it a few months ago
i brought the whole package for $600 australian dollars (about $435 american), usually just the maschine studio controller alone is $1,400 to buy new here and the komplete ultimate package of software is about the same price, so i saved about $2,200 at the end of the day :) i have seen other sellers selling second hand studio controllers for around $1,000 (aud) but their adverts on the second hand sites have been listed week after week so it seems nobody is interested in buying second hand controllers at a price that isnt that much lower then the brand new units ? if you want a quick sale maybe aim to sell for %50-%60 of the origional local price ? ,if you dont mind sitting on a bit of unused gear for a while waiting for a better price then thats ok also ! depends how bad you need the money huh :)

Lov2sing

14 May 2016

;) Guys this Organic RE is a Jazz players RE, and I buying this when I get the money. Look everything is not for EDM or Trance but someone had to make an RE for Lounge Lizards players. A course it took me all morning to download it, but have you noticed the DSP; it uses none at all. If they continue on this path and the sound quality is this good, just wait until they make some EDM stuff it should blow a lot of the other EDM DSP hogs out of the pen. I know my opinion is my own but I would give it 4 stars for the category and 5 stars for the DSP use.
We make music for a reason

CharlyCharlzz

16 May 2016

it looks cool , i am Happy this is up !

How do I make that sound at 0:30 ? I need it is that a patch for Aeon synth.

I also seen this one

It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Danansmith

18 May 2016

well...Interesting.It looks very good! :lol:
popular bubble football:bubble soccer ball

K1TTENM1TTEN

18 May 2016

IAMGOD wrote:
I am sending you a message about this.

decibel

18 May 2016

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:
IAMGOD wrote:
I am sending you a message about this.
only advice i can offer in advance is organize license transfer code for potential new buyer with native instruments as soon as possible, because their support department can be pretty slow responding to transfer requests. waited 4 days and eventually decided it would be quicker to phone native instruments in germany from austrailia at 3am in the morning lol, once i did get to talk to somebody there though, the support was good and they sorted out the transfer almost immediately. anyway all the best if you do decide to purchase, they are sick yeah

dvdrtldg

19 May 2016

Wasn't too impressed by the look of these, but I trialled them both yesterday and hit Purchase after about 20 mins. Just a great big full powerful sound. The Punish function alone is worth the price

Still think they're the pig-ugliest things in the rack though

• Information