A Realistic Lead Guitar Sound

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Higor

24 Apr 2015

I got this one about five years ago - can't remember how. Now I can't find where to download it anymore. :s0959:

The sound is pretty similar to that Top Gun theme played by Steve Stevens.

dhruan

25 Apr 2015

I copied the devices and settings from that combi in the video to something approx. like that.

Not too sure about the actual RV7000 patch and also left the delay out but hey, here goes...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pbegyy8djw3m ... 5.cmb?dl=0
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

Higor

25 Apr 2015

Pretty similar. Good work.
The original has an All film score reverb as send fx, an unison, one DDL-Delay and a PEQ-2 boosting around the 1k and the 6k frequencies. And a little bit more distortion.

EnochLight

26 Apr 2015

Higor wrote: Pretty similar. Good work.
The original has an All film score reverb as send fx, an unison, one DDL-Delay and a PEQ-2 boosting around the 1k and the 6k frequencies. And a little bit more distortion.
You're kidding, right?  What dhruan did was almost spot on.  Better than "good work" - it was fucking fantastic IMHO.  
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

submonsterz

26 Apr 2015

Hmm was reading through the other thread about using guitars etc in modern music can't remember the thread title now I'm in here writing this.
But I'm gonna go in my room in an hour or so and been itching to have a play . I might take the ideas of guitar in modern music idea and take idea of making one from this thread . Think I'll choose maybe seeing if I can get something out of poly six . I'll get back here if I make something ill try not this type of sound ill try a screaming electric lead type thing I think . I'll put up anything if I get something going ok .
love ideas when they come at me lol.

submonsterz

26 Apr 2015

And here`s the result.
Not quite what you was on about but more what I said I was going to try making think it came out quite good myself.

guitar I made comes in at around 1.46 mark I think.

Higor

26 Apr 2015

You're kidding, right?  What dhruan did was almost spot on.  Better than "good work" - it was fucking fantastic IMHO.  
Yes, THX Dhruan .You did it great.
But here is the original - a friend of mine has sent me by -email. It's called The Perfect Lead Guitar. Made by Brenton Fernandes - or his brother. It's a bit more wicked.
http://4server.info/download/4shared.co ... uitar.html
Maybe someone can change things and make it even greater. I'm not too good at sound design.

• Information