Post a pic of your studio!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
MarkTarlton

14 Jan 2016

I picked up a couple new things since this photo. the warm audio pultech style eq's and the fet compressors, love em!
mark's studio.jpg
mark's studio.jpg (225.03 KiB) Viewed 3322 times

cr1st0

14 Jan 2016

I just have a skinnybook and 2 monitors it's enough for me right now, I don't know any music theory :|
:reason: Reason 4 User

Last Alternative

14 Jan 2016

It's tricky to get my whole setup in one picture so here's a few. That's just the main stuff. My guitars feel left out ='(
Attachments
studio 1.JPG
studio 1.JPG (2.11 MiB) Viewed 3302 times
studio 2.JPG
studio 2.JPG (2.17 MiB) Viewed 3303 times
studio 3.JPG
studio 3.JPG (2.41 MiB) Viewed 3303 times
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

XysteR

18 Jan 2016

Here's an area I cleared at the back of the house. It's a bit of a shite hole but it works for what I need. KRK sub is lurking under the bench. I need to get the monitors up to ear level...

Ahornberg

21 Feb 2016

very swedish ... Reason on the screens, Softube's Console 1 on the desk and all the furniture is made by Ikea :roll:
Attachments
20160220_222800.jpg
20160220_222800.jpg (2.15 MiB) Viewed 3233 times

Vince-Noir-99

21 Feb 2016

Nice one. How many inches is the big screen?

Ahornberg

21 Feb 2016

Vince-Noir-99 wrote:Nice one. How many inches is the big screen?
Thanks! It's 27 inches.

4filegate

05 Mar 2016

Ahornberg wrote:very swedish ... Reason on the screens, Softube's Console 1 on the desk and all the furniture is made by Ikea :roll:
"Every plant chooses the place where growth is possible" - I like your green jungle with "Howea belmoreana" :mrgreen:

Ahornberg

06 Mar 2016

4filegate wrote:
Ahornberg wrote:very swedish ... Reason on the screens, Softube's Console 1 on the desk and all the furniture is made by Ikea :roll:
"Every plant chooses the place where growth is possible" - I like your green jungle with "Howea belmoreana" :mrgreen:
Thanks, man! Well, I get a lot of inspiration by sitting under my green roof :thumbs_up:

gak

07 Mar 2016

MarkTarlton wrote:I picked up a couple new things since this photo. the warm audio pultech style eq's and the fet compressors, love em!
mark's studio.jpg
Hair AND that kinda studio? Much hate! (in a totally jelly way)

MarkTarlton

07 Mar 2016

gak wrote:
MarkTarlton wrote:I picked up a couple new things since this photo. the warm audio pultech style eq's and the fet compressors, love em!
mark's studio.jpg
Hair AND that kinda studio? Much hate! (in a totally jelly way)
haha! that made me laugh :)

I have been collecting most of this gear for the past 25 years by recording lots of music and playing live in a band, any money that is generated goes back into the studio.

aburazaru

07 Mar 2016

Awesome studios up in hurr! This is where I get my work done. My bubble, my safety circle, my fortress of soli... damnit, it's covered in dog fur!

Not pictured: Closet converted to vocal/small instrument recording area. By no means a booth, but the best I could do with my limited space.
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

Ahornberg

08 Mar 2016

aburazaru wrote:Awesome studios up in hurr! This is where I get my work done. My bubble, my safety circle, my fortress of soli... damnit, it's covered in dog fur!

Not pictured: Closet converted to vocal/small instrument recording area. By no means a booth, but the best I could do with my limited space.
Do you use Maschine with Reason?

aburazaru

08 Mar 2016

Ahornberg wrote:
aburazaru wrote:Awesome studios up in hurr! This is where I get my work done. My bubble, my safety circle, my fortress of soli... damnit, it's covered in dog fur!

Do you use Maschine with Reason?
I do, but as an audio track only. It's the fastest way (for me) to lay down a drum line. Between that and Kontakt, I pipe everything into reason. It's not very clean, but it goes well with my workflow.
How was I supposed to know "don't touch" meant to not push the big...red...button?

Rice

08 Mar 2016

Awesome layout...I love it!

J96one

06 Apr 2016

Now that is a really nice setup/workspace! Kudos.
And that screen is w-i-d-e...

aburazaru

09 Apr 2016

Rice wrote:
Awesome layout...I love it!
J96one wrote:
Now that is a really nice setup/workspace! Kudos.
And that screen is w-i-d-e...
Thank you! The layout has been through several changes based on what I have available and many late nights that start off as cleaning and turn into complete re-wiring nights, haha. Just kept changing until I could do everything I needed to with minimal trips to the closet for cables/other junk (other than recording something on the sax/guitar etc...).

That ultrawide is a freakin' slammin' investment. So much real estate to work with (aslo, a gift from my wife)! It makes working with this stuff so much more fluid!

satyr32

09 Apr 2016

If I am not in the bed with a laptop which I am 80% of all time when making music I am at this place.
Attachments
homestudio.JPG
homestudio.JPG (1.31 MiB) Viewed 3002 times
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

TaffoVelikoff

02 Jun 2016

The Setup
The Inspiration Area

That is all for now ... :)
:reason: Reason 8.3 / :recycle: Recycle / :re: Some REs / Ableton + ReWire User

Rook

02 Jun 2016

selig wrote:Here's my setup in NYC for the summer, simple but powerful - and the view is not too shabby!
Hey, Selig, does the trackpad work pretty well for Reason? I've been tempted to get one, but wasn't sure if it'd be precise enough for midi editing and stuff like that.

stp2015

03 Jun 2016

16BitBear

03 Jun 2016

satyr32 wrote:If I am not in the bed with a laptop which I am 80% of all time when making music I am at this place.
What is that secondary display with the racks? That is very cool. :)

satyr32

03 Jun 2016

DJBuddhaBear wrote:
satyr32 wrote:If I am not in the bed with a laptop which I am 80% of all time when making music I am at this place.
What is that secondary display with the racks? That is very cool. :)
It is an ASUS PB298Q. Pretty reasonable price.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

16BitBear

03 Jun 2016

Thanks. It looks great. I might pick one up later this year.

Seckin

16 Jun 2016

I could just simply sit in that room for hours, quiety. Awesome!
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

• Information