Zoom your Reason rack

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
rcbuse
RE Developer

17 Jan 2015

For anyone on OS X, System Prefrences > Accessilibity -> Zoom.  I personally enable the 'Use scroll gesture with modifier to zoom': ^ Control, Turn smooth images off, Zoom style: Fullscreen.

Then its just Control + Scroll Up/Down and it works like magic.

jfrichards

17 Jan 2015

On my iMac, it's System Preferences>Accessibility>Zoom  and then you have choices how to do it.  Mine is set up for Command Mouse-Scroll.  Really good for rack device twiddling.

rvman

17 Jan 2015

I'll check it out. I've used the magnifier tool with windows 8 on my laptop a few times.
Reason 8, EZ Drummer 2, Loop Loft loops

EnochLight

18 Jan 2015

I don't see any reason to Install ZoomIt. Using your Windows Key plus "+/-" keys, you have this functionality already in Windows. The resolution seems about the same as well, IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Namahs Amrak

18 Jan 2015

EnochLight wrote:I don't see any reason to Install ZoomIt. Using your Windows Key plus "+/-" keys, you have this functionality already in Windows. The resolution seems about the same as well, IMHO.
The zoom increment looks more precise with this software, whereas with your suggestion it jumps immediately to a 200% magnification. Ideally I would like the feature of CTRL +/- to work in Reason as it does in a browser window, where you can increase the size a little bit as required. Zoomit seems to work more like the CTRL +/- feature, although I haven't installed it, just basing it on a quick look at the video Nicola posted.

EDIT: Just discovered that magnifier can be customised to 25% increments, which looks to be on par with that video. So indeed, where is the value of installing this for Windows 8 users I wonder.
My Words are my ART

Orion

18 Jan 2015

I'm already learning stuff here. Great!

EnochLight

18 Jan 2015

EnochLight wrote:I don't see any reason to Install ZoomIt. Using your Windows Key plus "+/-" keys, you have this functionality already in Windows. The resolution seems about the same as well, IMHO.
Namahs Amrak wrote:
The zoom increment looks more precise with this software, whereas with your suggestion it jumps immediately to a 200% magnification. Ideally I would like the feature of CTRL +/- to work in Reason as it does in a browser window, where you can increase the size a little bit as required. Zoomit seems to work more like the CTRL +/- feature, although I haven't installed it, just basing it on a quick look at the video Nicola posted.

EDIT: Just discovered that magnifier can be customised to 25% increments, which looks to be on par with that video. So indeed, where is the value of installing this for Windows 8 users I wonder.
Yep. Also, Magnifyer is built-in to Windows 7 as well. I do like the fact that you can use the scroll wheel to zoom in the ZoomIt app though. That's pretty cool.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

tiker01

18 Jan 2015

Nice, thank you.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Arrant
Competition Winner

18 Jan 2015

Great info, thanks! Can't believe I didn't know about windows +/-

Off to program some synths, close-up style :)

EnochLight

18 Jan 2015

Full disclosure: shameless plug. :D

I used the built-in Windows Magnifyer for the zoom effect in the Synapse Audio GQ-7 promo I made for them:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... equalizer/

http://youtu.be/AePQFo25FPU

Marketblandings

18 Jan 2015

Bless you, my child. I really needed this and didn't realize it was right there in the laptop.
Took a few minutes to figure out that you move the zoomed in window by banging against the sides of it, though.........

Oooo. Maybe the arrow keys might move it? Will try.

Heater

18 Jan 2015

Given that the props force all devs to produce their GUI's in 3D.  I never understood why you couldn't have every element in Reason resizable.  

flightONE

18 Jan 2015

It's probably safe to assume that something will  be done at some point, given that most displays are going hi-res these days....  maybe they are improving the way the rack is displayed in future versions,  you can sort of  tell that reason 8 has a 3d-ish feel to the transport bar with those take-esque block things , also the mobile apps,take and figure are already hi-res... 

• Information