CV to Audio to CV

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
eox

22 Apr 2015

So as of today, I've decided to read and learn about the whole CV to Audio technique and then back to CV (So cool!). I watched this tutorial on it earlier today and as I was experimenting I thought of the idea to reverse the recorded CV-Audio information. And it works really really well! Essentially in a project I am working on I was wanting to have a synth have that gated/side chained swell feel and I thought about reversing that as well as time stretching it to add more flavor. Works really well plus, you can record whatever envelopes or LFO's you want and see the visual (just for observation) of what's going on. Plus, it's easy to adjust the lengths (time stretching) and moving around different envelope data/LFO/etc wherever you like. Thought I'd drop that out there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E01qhklGoMw

Also, if anyone knows of any great reads or videos on this process I'd love to hear/read them! 

selig
RE Developer

22 Apr 2015

Don't overlook the possibilities of using a sampler to play the audio back before converting back to CV. Applications include pitch/frequency modulation via envelope or LFOs, transposing down for "super slow motion" LFOs, polyphonic layering (playing more than one note at a time) for complex and polyrhythmic effects, filtering (smoothing), envelope control of depth, etc. MANY possibilities to be had there, especially if you start with a fairly complex CV to begin with!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

eox

22 Apr 2015

Ah! Such an ingenious idea!!! Selig...seriously..Why do you not have your own YouTube channel doing tutorials!! I've seriously been on the fence about opening up a poll here on the forms asking if the community would like to see you start making tutorials (aside from the ones of your RE's you already have, which thank you by the way!) Essentially, I'm hoping a Poll could give you enough support and honestly kind of a push into doing it  :P

eusti

22 Apr 2015

Thanks for sharing, that was interesting!

D.

Raveshaper

30 Apr 2015

How do you eliminate the little wiggles in the waveform that audio clips insert at the beginning? Disable stretch while capturing?
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

• Information