Nektar Panorama Remote Maps Thread

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2016

Lizard wrote:Map updated 15 February 2016. New Updates include support for :

JPS Harmonic Synthesizer
JP's Combo X705
JP's TM1,4&9 Commentators
Primal Audio's Acid Filter
Air Raid Esplitter
Hydronexius
Skrock Orbis
Have only just found this thread, excellent stuff, You should ask the admin to create a new group i.e. Nektar as I can see this thread getting too long and it would be nice just to include updates only and then you can have other development threads

I have the Skrock Aurora all mapped out, I will send it over to you tomorrow as I can't see a way to post it without losing the white spaces (tabs).

Quick question is there away to display the "Knobs" with labels ? (the knobs above the faders, I know you can use the mixer mode however that does not display labels and as there this away to set labels one would have thought they could have been displayed)

Thanks..

Lizard

16 Feb 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Have only just found this thread, excellent stuff, You should ask the admin to create a new group i.e. Nektar as I can see this thread getting too long and it would be nice just to include updates only and then you can have other development threads

I have the Skrock Aurora all mapped out, I will send it over to you tomorrow as I can't see a way to post it without losing the white spaces (tabs).

Quick question is there away to display the "Knobs" with labels ? (the knobs above the faders, I know you can use the mixer mode however that does not display labels and as there this away to set labels one would have thought they could have been displayed)

Thanks..
That's good news Carly. Is it a remote map or a Nektar map? If it is a general remote map it should probably go to the Remote Map list that is at the top of the Rack Extensions Forum. Nektar maps are of course specific by the codec but by all means... if it is a Nektar map gladly post as an attachment.

Answering your question, labels for knobs 1-8 on a Nektar is through the lines :

Map Name Element 1 "Tune" Instrument

Name Element 1 as an example is the label under Knob 1. It would accompany

Map Ch Knob 1 Remote Target Name Instrument

These two map the target and label on a page within the map.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

17 Feb 2016

Lizard wrote:
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:Have only just found this thread, excellent stuff, You should ask the admin to create a new group i.e. Nektar as I can see this thread getting too long and it would be nice just to include updates only and then you can have other development threads

Thanks..
That's good news Carly. Is it a remote map or a Nektar map? If it is a general remote map it should probably go to the Remote Map list that is at the top of the Rack Extensions Forum. Nektar maps are of course specific by the codec but by all means... if it is a Nektar map gladly post as an attachment.

Answering your question, labels for knobs 1-8 on a Nektar is through the lines :

Map Name Element 1 "Tune" Instrument

Name Element 1 as an example is the label under Knob 1. It would accompany

Map Ch Knob 1 Remote Target Name Instrument

These two map the target and label on a page within the map.
Hi,

It's a Nektar map (wohoo)

also talking "Knobs" not "ch Knobs" the labels are along the lines of "Fader Name Element 5e" but I have not seen away to display them, i.e. would be nice to be able to display them like the normal "ch Knobs"...

Mapping file attached, had to rename it as a txt file to attach it.
PanoramaAurora.txt
(35.51 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
I moved away from the standard setup, i.e. master volume is on "Knob 1" instead of "Fader 9"
What I wanted to achieve was to have most Knob, Faders and Buttons mapped as default, in this case no buttons were mapped as defaults would have been bypass and post, did not make sense.

Default settings
Knobs above the faders
Knob 1 Master Volume
Knob 2 OSC 1 Vol
Knob 3 OSC 2 Vol
Knob 4 OSC 3 Vol
Knob 5 OSC 1 Pan
Knob 6 OSC 2 Pan
Knob 7 OSC 3 Pan
Knob 8 Glide

Knobs to the right of the display
Ch Knob 1 Osc 1 Wave Select
Ch Knob 2 Osc 2 Wave Select
Ch Knob 3 Osc 3 Wave Select
Ch Knob 4 Filter Cutoff
Ch Knob 5 Osc 1 X-Mod
Ch Knob 6 Osc 2 X-Mod
Ch Knob 7 Osc 3 X-Mod
Ch Knob 8 Filter Reso

Fader 1 Amp Attack
Fader 2 Amp Decay
Fader 3 Amp Sustain
Fader 4 Amp Release
Fader 5 Filter Attack
Fader 6 Filter Decay
Fader 7 Filter Sustain
Fader 8 Filter Release
Fader 9 Filter Env Amt

Of course I have mapped everything via the menu system as well.

There is a little bug in the menu system, on the home page I wanted the display buttons to stay highlighted when selected, which work, however say you went to the LFO menu page and select a different LFO, when you go back to the home page that button is highlighted from the LFO page, it does not effect anything, just a display thing, (I did have it where the display buttons did not highlight but I thought it would be better having them stay highlighted for the page being displayed), sorry that probably was not explained that well, try it if you can. :puf_smile:

BTW this is all new to me so I'm still learning (the hard way) LOL

Regards
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 29 Feb 2016, edited 2 times in total.

Lizard

18 Feb 2016

Carly,

For a first time the effort is excellent! So if you can load into the remote map and not get an error ("X") when you load you are always on the right path even if they don't do exactly what you want. ;) It is ok to navigate away from the standard (set forth by Nektar) if you have to. In cases where the device needs say Fader 9 I would compromise the standard volume. But staying within the accepted practices for the community sake is also important. I can appreciate mapping as many controls at once to give someone the most available but remember that you can only display one page which leaves the user to have to remember what controls not shown are mapped to. The alternative is to create another exact map for that page that you link to by say using an X button giving them the option to visual those controls as well. Just a thought.

I try to do as much as I can to the encoders to the right of the display. Your ch Knobs to be exact. Firstly they are endless encoders so any movement registers a value change unlike the faders which are a active on "catch" type control. This meaning to have to move the fader to the target value before it will make the change. This agitates some people. It is good on mix controls and I have found generally feels good on drawboards. Other than that I try to avoid them if not necessary.

Each of the controls on the faders/knob/button section have labels but they are small so give consideration to that. They are about 4 letters so abbreviations are almost necessary in all cases. You of course when making a navigation to that page call it up by giving the page type a "ENV" type opposed to the INST call. The associated label names are shown below. Keep in mind this forum does not display proper white spacing but I think you'll understand the label/button/knob/fader associations.

Faders
Map Fader Name Element 1 "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 2 "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 3 "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 4 "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 9 "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 10 "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 11 "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 12 "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader 1 0 NAME Instrument
Map Fader 2 0 NAME Instrument
Map Fader 3 0 NAME Instrument
Map Fader 4 0 NAME Instrument
Map Fader 5 0 NAME Instrument
Map Fader 6 0 NAME Instrument
Map Fader 7 0 NAME Instrument
Map Fader 8 0 NAME Instrument

Buttons
Map Fader Name Element 5 "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 6 "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 7 "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 8 "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 13 "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 14 "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 15 "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 16 "" ENV Instrument
Map Button 1 0 NAME Instrument
Map Button 2 0 NAME Instrument
Map Button 3 0 NAME Instrument
Map Button 4 0 NAME Instrument
Map Button 5 0 NAME Instrument
Map Button 6 0 NAME Instrument
Map Button 7 0 NAME Instrument
Map Button 8 0 NAME Instrument

Encoders
Map Fader Name Element 5e "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 6e "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 7e "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 8e "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 13e "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 14e "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 15e "" ENV Instrument
Map Fader Name Element 16e "" ENV Instrument
Map Knob 1 0 NAME Instrument
Map Knob 2 0 NAME Instrument
Map Knob 3 0 NAME Instrument
Map Knob 4 0 NAME Instrument
Map Knob 5 0 NAME Instrument
Map Knob 6 0 NAME Instrument
Map Knob 7 0 NAME Instrument
Map Knob 8 0 NAME Instrument

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

18 Feb 2016

Lizard wrote: I can appreciate mapping as many controls at once to give someone the most available but remember that you can only display one page which leaves the user to have to remember what controls not shown are mapped to. The alternative is to create another exact map for that page that you link to by say using an X button giving them the option to visual those controls as well. Just a thought.
On the home page I have done that however (and it's a BIG however) I can't see anyway of displaying the labels for the "Knobs" (above the faders).
I did not use ENV but used FADERS instead as that seam to work better on the home page, I have a button for FADERS which display faders and buttons both with labels, MIXER shows Faders (with lables), Buttons (no labels) and "Knobs" (no labels), INST mode that shows the "ch Knobs" with labels, checking all other examples I don't think it can be done, but maybe I'm missing a trick, don't know if you could ping your person at Nektar?
Lizard wrote:
I try to do as much as I can to the encoders to the right of the display. Your ch Knobs to be exact. Firstly they are endless encoders so any movement registers a value change unlike the faders which are a active on "catch" type control. This meaning to have to move the fader to the target value before it will make the change. This agitates some people. It is good on mix controls and I have found generally feels good on drawboards. Other than that I try to avoid them if not necessary.
TBH I totally agree about the faders, really wished they were motorised :D however I do find them useful for mapping ADSR envelopes to them, probably a throw back to all the synth manuals that always have the pretty diagram for showing ADSR and with faders it's a visual thing for me (if you know what I mean)..

Thanks for your feedback, still think there should be a separate forum section (sub section) for this sort of stuff ?

Lizard

19 Feb 2016

Map updated to add support for Skrock Iridium.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2016

BTW the mappings I attached earlier in the thread is ready to go..

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

26 Feb 2016

Nektar mapping for Blamsoft Zero, ready to go.

UPDATE: 30-MAR-2016 to include the new solo buttons
PanoramaZero.txt
(173.06 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Regards....
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 30 Mar 2016, edited 2 times in total.

arqui

09 Mar 2016

enyone have remote map (Panorama) for RP Vecto to share?
thanks
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2016

arqui wrote:enyone have remote map (Panorama) for RP Vecto to share?
thanks
I have one in the making maybe someone has one finished already if not I will try and get something out as soon as I can (weekend), it's quite a big RE to map..

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2016

thanks
Do you have any preference on grouping of the knobs, faders and buttons?

i.e. you have a few settings that you would like to always have at hand so they could be mapped to the top left row of knobs. etc.

arqui

10 Mar 2016

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
thanks
Do you have any preference on grouping of the knobs, faders and buttons?

i.e. you have a few settings that you would like to always have at hand so they could be mapped to the top left row of knobs. etc.
wow , how nice! a pool with menu would be great thanks
PD: higher up, I shared a mapping for mp5 (work fine). if you want take it

Code: Select all

Scope	Kuassa	com.kuassa.EVEMP5
Define Group	Mode	Instrument	Mixer	Transport	Channel
Define Group	force_patch_Feedback	Patch 1	Patch 2

Map	Mixer Mode		Mode=Mixer
Map	Instrument Mode		Mode=Instrument
Map	Transport Mode		Mode=Transport
Map	Channel Mode		Mode=Channel

//Device name that appears on Panorama's dispaly
Map	Device Name		"EVEMP5"		HOME
Map	Patch Name		Patch Name			Instrument	Patch 1
Map	Patch Name		Patch Name			Instrument	Patch 2

Map	Bypass		Enabled			Instrument

//Display buttons
Map	X1_Labeli		"Bypass"			Instrument
Map	X2_Labeli		"MEQ"			Instrument
Map	X3_Labeli		"SAT"			Instrument
Map	X4_Labeli		"SAT AL"			Instrument
Map	X5_Labeli		"EQP"			Instrument
Map	X1		0		BYPASS	Instrument
Map	X2		MEQ On/Off		CTRL	Instrument
Map	X3		Saturation On/Off		CTRL	Instrument
Map	X4		Saturation Auto Level On/Off		CTRL	Instrument
Map	X5		EQP On/Off		CTRL	Instrument

//Display Encoders
Map	Name Element 1		"INPUT"			Instrument
Map	Name Element 2		"MID FREQ"			Instrument
Map	Name Element 3		"MID DIP"			Instrument
Map	Name Element 4		"OUPUT"			Instrument
Map	Name Element 5		"LOW FREQ"			Instrument
Map	Name Element 6		"LOW PEAK"			Instrument
Map	Name Element 7		"H FREQ"			Instrument
Map	Name Element 8		"H PEAK"			Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 1		Input Volume		Name	Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 2		MEQ Mid Freq		Name	Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 3		MEQ Mid Dip		Name	Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 4		Output Volume		Name	Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 5		MEQ Low Freq		Name	Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 6		MEQ Low Peak		Name	Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 7		MEQ High Freq		Name	Instrument
Map	Ch Knob 8		MEQ High Peak		Name	Instrument

//Encoders
Map	Knob 1		EQP Low Freq		NAME	Instrument
Map	Knob 2		EQP Low Boost		NAME	Instrument
Map	Knob 3		EQP Low Atten		NAME	Instrument						
Map	Knob 4		EQP HighBoost Freq		NAME	Instrument
Map	Knob 5		EQP HighBoost		NAME	Instrument			
Map	Knob 6		EQP HighBoost Bandwidth		NAME	Instrument			
Map	Knob 7		EQP HighAtten Freq		NAME	Instrument							
Map	Knob 8		EQP HighAtten		NAME	Instrument

//Buttons
Map	Button 1		0		NAME	Instrument
Map	Button 2		0		NAME	Instrument
Map	Button 3		0		NAME	Instrument
Map	Button 4		0		NAME	Instrument
Map	Button 5		0		NAME	Instrument
Map	Button 6		0		NAME	Instrument
Map	Button 7		0		NAME	Instrument
Map	Button 8		Phase On/Off		NAME	Instrument

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2016

thanks
Vecto map.
PanoramaVecto.txt
(68.25 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
Note: In the MENU when you see "Mode" that means the Data Encoder has been mapped so don't forget to check it to see what it changes, had to use the data encoder as it seams to work differently from the knobs in how info is returned back to the nektar.

There is a Fader\Knob option on every page, remember when in the Fader screen, Toggle/view and Toggle/Mute buttons switch between the fader views of "buttons" to "upper knobs" (the ones above the Faders) mainly needed for the Osc pages.

Note: All knobs, buttons, faders and ch knobs on the HOME page are defaults and will be mapped in if the sub menu does not use them controls

Regards
PoohBear

arqui

15 Mar 2016

wowowow thank you very much, I am very grateful
Muchas Gracias, muito obrigado, tack så mycket, grazie mille, Merci beaucoup!!!!! :)

arqui

22 Mar 2016

Hi PoohBear,
by chance you have the map of RGRE Instrument? Than you

Lizard

24 Mar 2016

Remote Map has been updated.... and sorry for any delays to my willing participants. Added support for :

Blamsoft Zero
Rob Papen's Vectro
Acoustic and Electric Clappers by Robotic Bean
Propellerheads A-List Drummer

@arqui : I'd like to add your map but I'll need the map in a text file or REMOTEMAP format. Adding to this forum I cannot preserve the white spaces needed. Thanks!

arqui

25 Mar 2016

Of course, happy to share
Here it is

Note: the knobs that are above the faders, control the Section: PROGRAM -EQ. (but not seen on the display).
Attachments
MP5.txt
(2.29 KiB) Downloaded 258 times

Lizard

27 Mar 2016

Thanks arqui! The map is now updated with the MP5 map.

freddykr

27 Mar 2016

I dl the new remote map, but it doesn't work.
I managed to copy the A-list drummer and the MP5 code to my own remotemap without problems, if I copy Vecto or Zero my remotefile stops working, I did them one-by-one.

I dl the file 2 times and got the filesize 2 036 008 both times.

Apart from this I must say that I realy appreciate all the work !

Lizard

27 Mar 2016

freddykr wrote:I dl the new remote map, but it doesn't work.
I managed to copy the A-list drummer and the MP5 code to my own remotemap without problems, if I copy Vecto or Zero my remotefile stops working, I did them one-by-one.

I dl the file 2 times and got the filesize 2 036 008 both times.

Apart from this I must say that I realy appreciate all the work !
Oddly, for me they work fine. Zero does for sure. I do not have Vectro or MP5. But regardless of having them, they should still load. When you try to load the remote map provided does it give you a red "X" when you try to load? If so, if you double click on it it should provide you with the lines of the code it has troubles with. A screen shot may help in correcting the issue.
Last edited by Lizard on 27 Mar 2016, edited 1 time in total.

freddykr

27 Mar 2016

Actually I don't own any of the added REs, just tried to copy them into my remotemap.
The problem is that nothing works when added Vecto or Zero.
When loading the whole remotemap, my Nektar P4 stops working and it get's stucked on "Internal", can't just switch to my working remotemap I have to reboot PC.
When I added Vecto or Zero to my own remotemap I just switched remotemap and restarted Reason and everything is OK.

Don't have time to night, but I'll do some more tests tomorrow.

freddykr

28 Mar 2016

Did some more tests...

I took the Vecto & and Zero txt files from Phoobear and tested.
If I'm adding Zero to my remotemap the Nektar get's stucked and the "Internal" key is lit, from here I have to reboot the PC.
Adding Vecto I can set the SSL to lock to mixer mode(this don't work with the Zero script), I can move between Internal and Transport and so on, but Instrument is not showing any instruments loaded.
Removing the Vecto part and restarting Reason clears everything.

I'm not sure about the "X" where should I see this ?

freddykr

28 Mar 2016

Ahh now I get it...

I have the remotemap from Nektar "Panorama_RemoteMap_20150911.zip" and Zero and Vecto are already in there :)
I noticed the red X under "control surface" and by pressing it it showed me Vecto was mapped twice....

Lizard

28 Mar 2016

freddykr wrote:Ahh now I get it...

I have the remotemap from Nektar "Panorama_RemoteMap_20150911.zip" and Zero and Vecto are already in there :)
I noticed the red X under "control surface" and by pressing it it showed me Vecto was mapped twice....
That makes sense. The first map I had had starter maps in it from Nektar. I believe they had templates for a few synths in there and those two were among them. If you download the latest release and overwrite your remote map this should not be an issue. Glad you got it worked out.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2016

Lizard wrote:Remote Map has been updated.... and sorry for any delays to my willing participants. Added support for :

Blamsoft Zero
Rob Papen's Vectro
Acoustic and Electric Clappers by Robotic Bean
Propellerheads A-List Drummer

@arqui : I'd like to add your map but I'll need the map in a text file or REMOTEMAP format. Adding to this forum I cannot preserve the white spaces needed. Thanks!
FYI. I updated the Zero mappings to include the new solo buttons released in Zero 1.1.2.

• Information