Against the clock, FM in the studio videos...

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Vince-Noir-99

31 Jan 2016

Sometimes it can be inspiring to look at other people's workflow, and it would be especially interesting to see someone using Reason.. Unfortunately the Reason Artist Feature videos are quite old and I have watched them all, whilst more contemporary series like Against the Clock or FM magazine In the Studio etc seem to be showcasing other DAWs for the most part.
If you know any, could you please share some links where Reason is being used? Thank you very much :)

This could probably develop into a deeper topic, but I'd like to add that from these interviews/workshops it could be possible to outline trends in regards to the DAWs used, and most importantly, approaches to music making at different times, within different genres and demographics (a wonderful cultural musicology study :))

For instance, I might be wrong because I'm not much in touch with contemporary music, but it seems Fruity Loops has become quite popular. Despite its stigma, due to its name and toyish reputation of the early days, it has evolved into a seriously powerful DAW, I admit. Ableton too, which I praised as a bloody missionary since v5 to the skeptic majority, has now become huge. Is it possible Reason is currently being used by more mature composers? Wow that could be interesting also from a branding/marketing point of view.. Well, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Vince-Noir-99

01 Feb 2016

Nobody familiar with those videos? :?

• Information