That New Roland Aira Modular !

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
CharlyCharlzz

15 Apr 2015

This is Mad , I like the perspectives it bring in the CV World and softwares but let's wait for more Info's ...

so (1) system one Eurorack with modular cv options and (4) 500 FX modular Racks and all this should come with software options and other things we may discover with musikmess video's in the next hrs .

I kind of think this brings something serious in the Aira game and éléctronic live music but I Wonder what it can really do ?

It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

The Tone Ranger

16 Apr 2015

Not interested in the AIRA or digital stuff but the system 500 is sexy.

CharlyCharlzz

16 Apr 2015

The Tone Ranger wrote:Not interested in the AIRA or digital stuff but the system 500 is sexy.

I must say that Aira system one and the others from the series are pretty cool products and sound great but just like with the sh-201 the digital synths are maybe sounding too stable and too clean ?!!?
I love the way it sound but to me they are expensive products and I am just like you more interested in the 500 aira serie but still it's aira ...

looks great

https://youtu.be/Y32c9l8Sqc0

CharlyCharlzz

20 Apr 2015

this video kind of sold the thing to me , at around 00 06:00 there is a A/B with the sh-101  that kind of is mad

https://youtu.be/j1BxfXxIvBQ

eusti

20 Apr 2015

I'm still not perfectly clear about this: The Aira line is virtual / digital and the 500 line is an actual analog modular synth, yes?
Not sure how they are connected other than coming out at the same time and made by Roland...

D.

Hydrosonic

21 Apr 2015

The 500 line is a complete different product and nothing to do with Aira,

CharlyCharlzz

21 Apr 2015

eusti wrote:I'm still not perfectly clear about this: The Aira line is virtual / digital and the 500 line is an actual analog modular synth, yes?
Not sure how they are connected other than coming out at the same time and made by Roland...

D.
yes ,, the synth and 4 rack fx are aira products with analogue behaviour  but the 4 500 modular rack's are analogue (dont know if they got any digital additions?) .

I like the way the aira stuff sound .

The Tone Ranger

22 Apr 2015

The AIRA stuff is cool and innovative as far as virtual analogue goes, but it just looks and feels cheap. The system 1m doesn't have enough CV controls either for my taste. Its too limited even if it sounds close to an SH-101.

CharlyCharlzz

22 Apr 2015

maybe it's a bit limited but the look I like a lot , I think it may feel cheap because it is light weight but it sound great .

the way I see it the tb's and tr's was designed and sold in early 80's as cheap products but that was what made them a popular product IMO ,
system 1 and 1m is just a new hybrid synth that works well to me and them aira FX racks are super cool I bet .
now if you buy a 1m and use it with them analogue modulare racks and also in some of those Aira racks it should be a lot of fun I would say .

but until I win the mega bingo I use reason and my vt-3 :D

O1B

24 Apr 2015

TR-8 Teardown… Where do you see Cheap?

starts at 2:30, main board 4:00, FULL FACE-OFF w/lights 5:58 "nice indeed"
Show-off at 8:20 ….

MFuller also has a System-1 Tear-down vid :@11:30 "well made, nice, sturdy..."

The Tone Ranger wrote:The AIRA stuff is cool and innovative as far as virtual analogue goes, but it just looks and feels cheap. The system 1m doesn't have enough CV controls either for my taste. Its too limited even if it sounds close to an SH-101.

CharlyCharlzz

25 Apr 2015

I got to say that it is more impressive then cheap to me but for some users analogue is to them in the synth world what éléctric guitar is in the rock&roll world !
but there is a lot of musiciens that use a old digital Yamaha just because it sound great and is handy for there live use in a piano bar so i dont see why Aira is not just accepted like the super revolution it makes in terms of interactivity and compatibility in a production or live setup ?!?!
it is a weapon of choice for some and very limited to others but it give the Roland sound that is for shure .

FATCheese

26 Apr 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote: but there is a lot of musiciens that use a old digital Yamaha just because it sound great and is handy for there live use in a piano bar so i dont see why Aira is not just accepted like the super revolution it makes in terms of interactivity and compatibility in a production or live setup ?!?!
It's great to jam live!

Not that I perform for a live audience....  :roll:

More jamming in the sense like the 10 minute challenge from FACT magazine on youtube.
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

• Information