AirRaid Audio - Elements Modular Bundle in the Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
lowpryo

15 Dec 2015

also I just want to say, this Chorus is absolutely awesome for transparently widening a mono signal. using the "single" mode with 180 phase, max amp and a slow rate, you can barely hear any modulation but you get distinct enough changes to really widen the sound - similar to a Haas effect. just like Haas it's not perfectly mono compatible, but it's great for background sounds. I haven't found any other chorus in Reason that can achieve this so cleanly. no more doing the tedious fine tuning different pitches L/R for me!

pjeudy

15 Dec 2015

chimp_spanner wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:Having a surprisingly hard time getting my head around Splitter - even with the help of the manual, I can't work out how to simply set it up so that each band is sent thru an effect (e.g. lo band thru a compressor, mid band thru Pulverizer, hi band thru reverb). I keep getting silence
Me too man! Not dissing a freebie btw. I mean it's awesome to give stuff away! I only recently purchased Yoko but tbh the splitting seems a little more intuitive. Somehow with Splitter I end up with either only one band, or no sound at all haha. But then I might just be tired and not working on full brainpower. That's also a distinct possibility.
When first tried the splitter. ...this is what I wrote to the Dev:
pjeudy wrote:@AirRaid Audio...I have 2 request! on the free Band splitter.
Can you make it so that when you add Element - Splitter to another device that it routes the output through the "Main output"
Right now it defaults to the Mid band only output. would make more sense to me to have it the other way around.That way you could quickly go on with your band splitting...and leave it so that only when we need to send to individual channels that we flip the rack then re route !
Splitter output.png
Second can you make it so that all buttons default to on on the Low and high bands? Again when I first loaded the devices I went straight into the volume,pan and M/S...when nothing was happening I realized that I first needed to turn that on...I think that Since I decided to add the device in the first place, that Yes ..I needed them on and ready to work!

Thanks For this device!
But since its a free device I left it at that !
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

16 Dec 2015

I can see that Splitter's routing is proving to be a little confusing. We may have tried to pack too many features into this one :D

Either way, I've put together a little diagram to make things clearer.
Splitter Routing.png
Splitter Routing.png (101.7 KiB) Viewed 2139 times
Note: The Post-FX mode was included to allow routings like those of Mutagen and Relapse. We chose to include this over something like Yoko's round-trip routing so as to offer something different.

Cheers,

Dom
Our full RE catalogue: shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=AirRaid+Audio
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/airraid-audio
Twitter: twitter.com/AirRaidAudio
Official site: airraidaudio.com

manisnotabird

17 Dec 2015

What exactly is the "spin" mode on the DS-LFO doing?

Abstrax

18 Dec 2015

I'm filled with overwhelming gratitude for the free rack extensions. I got a few questions.

On the DS-LFO, why do the freq rate values switch between synced and unsynced? In other words, the fastest LFO rate (1/32) is on the left for synced, but on the right (15Hz) for unsynced. Shouldn't the values be the same like maelstrom's LFOs as an example? The slowest rate is on the left whether or not it is synced. Is there a chance there with be added Waveforms?? I love this device regardless.

I'd also like to cast my vote for the default wiring on the Splitter to output from the main output.

Thanks again

pjeudy

18 Dec 2015

Abstrax wrote:
I'd also like to cast my vote for the default wiring on the Splitter to output from the main output.

Thanks again
I know that dev has his view but I don't think that people are confused because splitter has to many controls/features. It simply doesn't connect in a way that allows you to split the 3 bands on the first connect through "ONE OUTPUT" like people expect!

Instead, you'll always need to flip the device around for that task. That's the confusion "some" people have.
I think dev pre suppose that users want individual bands out.
It's like having a device that says Reverb but when you first load it you are required you flip the device and reconnect the device to enable the reverb.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

21 Dec 2015

Hi,

We've been listening intently to the feedback we've been receiving, and I thought I should let you know we're working on an update to Splitter to make its routing more intuitive. And unless I'm very much mistaken, no current presets should be affected, so feel free to continue using it as is in the interim. It's all very well to release free plugins, but unless they're perfect, then that defeats the point. :)

In addition, we have a few other updates in the works, possibly including a minor GUI refresh, because people haven't been overly satisfied with the repeating color schemes.

Never let it be said that we don't listen!

Cheers,

Dom

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

21 Dec 2015

manisnotabird wrote:What exactly is the "spin" mode on the DS-LFO doing?
Indeed, we seem to have omitted this from the manual. It works as per Mutagen, Pandemic and Relapse; that is, if the Mode button is set to Spin mode, the Spin knob offsets the frequency of the right LFO relative to the left one, causing the modulation effect to “spin” around in the stereo field.

Does this make sense?

Dom

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

21 Dec 2015

Abstrax wrote:On the DS-LFO, why do the freq rate values switch between synced and unsynced? In other words, the fastest LFO rate (1/32) is on the left for synced, but on the right (15Hz) for unsynced. Shouldn't the values be the same like maelstrom's LFOs as an example? The slowest rate is on the left whether or not it is synced.
We did this to help distinguish between synced and unsynced modes. I'm not sure it was entirely necessary, but I'm not sure it is was entirely unnecessary either. In any case, it certainly can't hurt!
Abstrax wrote: Is there a chance there with be added Waveforms?? I love this device regardless.
We've been meaning to update all our devices with LFOs with some new wave forms for a while now, but it's not a priority at the moment. Which forms would you like to see?

Cheers,

Dom

Lizard

21 Dec 2015

I've added support for Air Raid Audio Splitter Re For Nektar Panorama in my Nektar Mapping Thread for those interested. Thread can be found below.

http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7491466

Abstrax

22 Dec 2015

AirRaidAudio wrote: We've been meaning to update all our devices with LFOs with some new wave forms for a while now, but it's not a priority at the moment. Which forms would you like to see?
Right now, I mainly use Maelstrom's LFOs and also Ammo 100LA on occasion. I'd be very interested in hearing what some of those waveforms would sound like using the DS-LFO device. The possibilities seem almost endless. :twisted:

motuscott

23 Dec 2015

I'm finding this has finer adjustment of frequencies than either Yoko or Stereo Imager. That plus no latency and general freeness equal no brainer. Thanks AirRaid.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

FGL

23 Dec 2015

Very nice Set. I think there is something in for everyone. The effects seems very smart and don't eat much CPU. At time I think I like the Distortion most.

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

24 Dec 2015

Cheers guys, I really appreciate all the positive feedback we've been receiving. Don't forget to participate in the Launch competition (http://www.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7492550). The decline is December 31st.

Cheers,
Dom

satyr32

24 Dec 2015

Maybe a page in the manual where the outcome of some "useful" LFO Mix combinations is shown would be cool if you know what I mean.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

24 Dec 2015

satyr32 wrote:Maybe a page in the manual where the outcome of some "useful" LFO Mix combinations is shown would be cool if you know what I mean.
Good idea. Will think about how to best do this. Updates and bug fixes first though. We have some nice things in the pipeline.

Cheers,
Dom

tronam

04 Jan 2016

I'm slowly working my way through the various Elements devices and they strike such a nice balance between usability, sound and features. The splitter made sense to me early on, but I understand how it might be a little confusing at first.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

dioxide

04 Jan 2016

tronam wrote:I'm slowly working my way through the various Elements devices and they strike such a nice balance between usability, sound and features. The splitter made sense to me early on, but I understand how it might be a little confusing at first.
Agreed. I think the single band, single effect modular approach suits Reason well.

dvdrtldg

22 Jan 2016

^^^ Um, any details?

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

22 Jan 2016

Yup. Minor bug fixes:

- Long delay times now work properly with short bursts of sound.
- The delay time buffer no longer resets itself when going from silent to running.
- The longer synced delay times now work properly.

Thanks to the users who reported these bugs!

Cheers,
Dom

Benedict
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2016

Cool, Thanks

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Benedict
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2016

Ummm is it me or does S-Delay still have that "The delay time buffer no longer resets itself when going from silent to running" issue?

I loaded that same file as before (after downloading 1.0.2) and it still does the pitch thing for first sound after silence.

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

24 Jan 2016

Benedict wrote:Ummm is it me or does S-Delay still have that "The delay time buffer no longer resets itself when going from silent to running" issue?

I loaded that same file as before (after downloading 1.0.2) and it still does the pitch thing for first sound after silence.

We're looking into this... Will keep you posted.

Cheers,
Dom

Benedict
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2016

Thanks

Benedict Roff-Marsh