Just released a Jazz album that was done 98% in Reason...

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
miahluvdd

14 Apr 2015

First album!  Accomplished a lot of goals including trying to mix and master it myself to see if I could.  It's not perfect but it was a lot of fun. 

Would appreciate any and all feedback!  It's available on Amazon, Google Play, Itunes, and CD Baby. 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/might ... d981395568

miahluvdd

16 Apr 2015

Got distracted now I'm back to share!  Surely there's at least one person in this forum that likes Jazz and Funk, even if there's no synth in sight!  ;)

Here's a funky track from the album in its entirety.  The keys is Radical Keys.  Reason Bass Refill and a Loop Loft loop with some added drumming from my fingers on my Pad Kontrol.  That's it!

miahluvdd

16 Apr 2015

Another funky track, this one featuring jazz guitarist, Jeffery Smith.  The Rhodes stuff is my stock Korg SV-1.  The organ is Selig's B3 refill and his Leslie.  Reason Basses and a Loop Loft groove for drums plus my fingers on the PadKontrol and a Kong or two.  The guitar is an Epiphone Swingster hollowbody through Kaussa' Vermilion amp and J/P Titus delay and a little TSAR-R reverb for taste.

miahluvdd

16 Apr 2015

Title track off the album.  Sort of a traditional jazz trio with a modern feel.  Got a polyrhythm thing going on with the drums as the drum tracks were in 3/4 or 6/8 and i'm using them on a 4/4 song.  Had to play the breaks on the padkontrol to get everything to match but it works and the off beats become the on beats and everything is divisible by 12 so it flows...  The piano is Reason Piano Yamaha.  Bass is the sampled acoustic bass hidden in the Recoustics refill from New Atlantis Audio. 

submonsterz

16 Apr 2015

both tracks you put there sound like summer breeze to me :) nice tracks nice laid back jazz kudos :thumbup:
ill listen to the third when the second one is finished playing
:) .

not so keen on the third track sounds very general midi sounding unlike the other two . maybe I do not like the piano you have used in it but sounds no where like the other two to me .

miahluvdd

16 Apr 2015

submonsterz wrote:both tracks you put there sound like summer breeze to me :) nice tracks nice laid back jazz kudos :thumbup:
ill listen to the third when the second one is finished playing
:) .
The theme for the album was supposed to be "happy."  So Summer breeze works! 

miahluvdd

16 Apr 2015

First track on the album.  This is solo piano and is Reason Pianos Refill with a little TSAR-r reverb and that's it!

submonsterz

16 Apr 2015

miahluvdd wrote:First track on the album.  This is solo piano and is Reason Pianos Refill with a little TSAR-r reverb and that's it!

this sounds better than the third one too, but I tell ya something id like to hear this rendered on a electronic piano sound .

miahluvdd

16 Apr 2015

Here's my favorite track of the album.

• Information