AirRaid Audio - Elements Launch Competition

Great fun, great prizes! Good luck!
AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

11 Dec 2015

Elements Mood.jpg
Elements Mood.jpg (77.82 KiB) Viewed 3335 times
We’re releasing today our Elements series of Rack Extensions, and to celebrate we’re launching our first ever competition.

You can browse and demo the devices here:
https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/? ... &view=list

THE CHALLENGE.

Participants are tasked to create a pack of 5 combinator patches (no more, no less) which showcase Elements' potential for creative sound mangling. Each patch may only include Elements RE and STOCK Reason devices.

PRIZES.

There will be TWO winners (with no runners-up), with each winner receiving ALL 8 ELEMENTS from the Elements Modular Bundle, worth $99.00.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE.

Participants are required to download Elements’ demos from the PropShop—get a feel for the possibilities—then design 5 of the most creative/interesting/Mark-Hamillesque Elements Combinator patches they can. Once that’s done, they must:

1. send us the patches,
2. upload 1 showcase track containing all their 5 patches to their SoundCloud (see below) and post the link in this thread.

SHOWCASE TRACK FORMAT.

The showcase track must:

1. consist of a repeating loop,
2. that plays DRY for 4-8 bar,
3. before passing through the 5 Combinator* patches in sequence,
4. with no overlap between the patches.

If the patches were designed with various specific applications in mind (drums, synths, etc.), it is possible to use multiple loops, so long as:

5. each new loop is allowed to play DRY for another 4-8 bars, before being affected.

* Though we typically conceived this competition for FX patches, we will also accept instrument patches, on the condition that the patch easily allows its effects portion to be bypassed, so that the dry and wet versions can be ABed, as per point 2.

HOW WE’LL JUDGE.

They’ll be 2 winners:

1. AirRaid Favourite — awarded to our favourite, chosen at our discretion.
2. Public Favourite — awarded based on whose showcase track gets the most likes on SoundCloud.

For 2, in the event of a tie, we at AirRaid Audio will chose whichever track we prefer.

DEADLINE.

December 31st. All tracks must be uploaded and patches received by the stroke of the new year, Swiss time. Of course, the sooner you get your showcases up on SoundCloud, the more time they’ll have to get liked…

MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL.

Merry Christmas!
Last edited by AirRaidAudio on 14 Dec 2015, edited 3 times in total.
Our full RE catalogue: shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=AirRaid+Audio
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/airraid-audio
Twitter: twitter.com/AirRaidAudio
Official site: airraidaudio.com

K1TTENM1TTEN

11 Dec 2015

Congrats on the release and I am excited about this competition! Thank you all so much for the opportunity!

A side question though - I could not help but notice there is a white square in the logo for the Elements Modular Bundle. Perhaps that 9th square could be a stereo-image effect (like Pandemic) in the future so that the white square doesn't seem so lonely? ;) :lol:

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

11 Dec 2015

If stereo imaging like Pandemic is what you're after, look no further than Splitter, our 3 band splitter and M/S utility. Not only is it like Pandemic, but it's also entirely FREE.

And as for that square... trust me, we already have plenty of ideas :D

frog974new

11 Dec 2015

a quick quetion ^^
on the rules , you want a loop of 4-8 bars before we see the 5 patchs combinators in action
its seems you consider for this challenge only Fx patchs , that's rigjt ..? we can't build an instrument patch combinator with stock device and the elements ..?

Emian

12 Dec 2015

cool contest, looking forward to have fun with the new tools ! congratz on the release !!

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

12 Dec 2015

frog974new wrote:its seems you consider for this challenge only Fx patchs , that's rigjt ..? we can't build an instrument patch combinator with stock device and the elements ..?
We conceived the competition as a FX patch challenge because we want to be able to hear the difference between the dry and wet versions. That said, if you can find a way to create an instrument patch and demo "that plays DRY for 4-8 bars", then we have no grounds to not accept it.

Hope that helps and best of luck!

Dom

Vince-Noir-99

12 Dec 2015

Great stuff! I'm very impressed by Lo-Fi and Distort! Very well conceived :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Faastwalker

13 Dec 2015

I'm all over this ;)

Will you be showcasing Soundcloud entries on this thread?

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

14 Dec 2015

Faastwalker wrote:Will you be showcasing Soundcloud entries on this thread?
Hi,

Indeed I forgot to mention at the top that I'd prefer users to post their links here themselves. Corrected!

Cheers,

Dom

satyr32

16 Dec 2015

nice contest.
is it allowed to automate paramters, e.g. a knob on the FX Combinator or does it need to be static?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

17 Dec 2015

satyr32 wrote:is it allowed to automate paramters, e.g. a knob on the FX Combinator or does it need to be static?
Sure. I typically like my FX patches to be "playable", so by all means, automate anything you like!

Best of luck,

Dom

Benedict
Competition Winner

20 Dec 2015

Seems like no one is playing so I shall start the entries with mine. As requested 5 patches Dry then Wet:

1. Trooper Bass
2. Rebel Raver
3. Splinter
4. Droid
5. Alderan Pad

I made each as an Instrument Combi then adjusted and saved off as an Effect Combi as well. If Dom at Air Raid Audio has no problem I am happy to release the Reason File and Combis later.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

21 Dec 2015

Great stuff! I have no problem with anybody releasing anything. Also, I'm considering compiling a Refill of the best entries, if of course participants are willing.

Cheers,

Dom

satyr32

21 Dec 2015

Here is my entry, it was fun to come up with something:

1. Awaken Filter
2. Peppel Chorus
3. Band-Rejectorama
4. Mary Jane
5. Industrial Voodoo Ceremony
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

24 Dec 2015

Industrial Voodoo Ceremony sounds very much like Future Sound Of London, so of course I love it. Excellent work!

Cheers,

Dom

Faastwalker

28 Dec 2015

Where do we send the patches to?

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

28 Dec 2015

You can either PM me with them, or send them to "dominic(at)airraid.ch".

Cheers,
Dom

Faastwalker

29 Dec 2015

- Original loop (Reason - x2 Thor, x1 Redrum, x1 NN-XT.)
1 - Attack of the Krill
2 - Bouncy Castle on Drugs
3 - Underworld Odyssey
4 - Thick as Thieves
5 - Another World

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

31 Dec 2015

Good stuff, cheers for this!

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

31 Dec 2015

0:00 Bass auto filter-delay , 0:27 Acoustic Drums distortions , 0:53 Synth Sequence distortion , 1:28 Electronic glitcher-distortion , 2:05 Electric gtr chorus-distortion.

With loops from the user library , Samplephonics and The Loop Loft. An IR developed by Sabino Cannone of MoReVoX Studio. Patches adjusted from the combi controls and directly to the components in the respective combi devices. Using stock devices plus the new AirRaid Audio - Elements Rack Extensions.

Thanks for the chance to try these great sounding AirRaid Audio Rack Extensions.

Emian

01 Jan 2016

i didn't get to enter contest due to finishing a track on my own finally after long time, but good luck all competitors !!

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

02 Jan 2016

Hi,

With the deadline come and gone, we have four solid entries. I took note of the likes on SoundCloud at midnight January first, and the winner was Benedict, with two. Faastwalker also received two likes, but as he had no registered plays (at the time), we opted to give it to Benedict. We are currently evaluating the remaining three entries (including Faastwalker's) to pick our favourite, which I'll announce here shortly.

Thank you all again for participating. We were hoping for a bit more participation, but given our sales figures (this was our best December yet in terms of revenue, and a veritable triumph in terms of units sold), it seems that people were more inclined to simply buy our devices, rather than compete for them.

Cheers,
Dom

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

02 Jan 2016

AirRaidAudio wrote:We were hoping for a bit more participation, but given our sales figures (this was our best December yet in terms of revenue, and a veritable triumph in terms of units sold), it seems that people were more inclined to simply buy our devices, rather than compete for them.
I think the lack of participation is mostly because how the rules were set up. Reading the rules I felt very restricted and didn't really feel inspired. I would have loved to enter the competition and try out your products, but writing short bits of music just to showcase a product isn't as much fun and creative as writing a full tune, at least in my opinion. But then of course I'm more of a songwriter than a tweaker.
But I understand from your point of view why the competition was set up the way it was.

Emian

02 Jan 2016

TritoneAddiction wrote:
AirRaidAudio wrote:We were hoping for a bit more participation, but given our sales figures (this was our best December yet in terms of revenue, and a veritable triumph in terms of units sold), it seems that people were more inclined to simply buy our devices, rather than compete for them.
I think the lack of participation is mostly because how the rules were set up. Reading the rules I felt very restricted and didn't really feel inspired. I would have loved to enter the competition and try out your products, but writing short bits of music just to showcase a product isn't as much fun and creative as writing a full tune, at least in my opinion. But then of course I'm more of a songwriter than a tweaker.
But I understand from your point of view why the competition was set up the way it was.
making a whole track with lots of Airr Raids ellements in there would indeed have been better; & way more fun :)

• Information