AirRaid Audio - Elements Modular Bundle in the Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Alkua

11 Dec 2015

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product_ ... ar-bundle/

Bundle contents
• Elements - Chorus
• Elements - Distort
• Elements - Filter
• Elements - Lo-Fi
• Elements - Phaser
• Elements - S-Delay

Free RE

Element - DS-LFO
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/elements-ds-lfo/

Element - Splitter
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... -splitter/

rcbuse
RE Developer

11 Dec 2015

Wow, excellent freebies!

selig
RE Developer

11 Dec 2015

rcbuse wrote:Wow, excellent freebies!
Yes indeed, thanks very much! These are just the sort of thing that's needed in the rack. Was going to complain about the 2U rack height instead of 1U, then flipped it around and saw the reason why it had to be 2U! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

satyr32

11 Dec 2015

made in switzerland :)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

Skullture

11 Dec 2015

good job!

K1TTENM1TTEN

11 Dec 2015

So am I to understand that these are like their REs that have been stripped down into parts? If so, this is really awesome!

pjeudy

11 Dec 2015

been looking forward to those!
free devices are always welcomed..... MORE FREE devices for REASON People
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Tincture

11 Dec 2015

What are the paid ones like? I have lots of phasers, chorus, dist, filts...

pjeudy

11 Dec 2015

@AirRaid Audio...I have 2 request! on the free Band splitter.
Can you make it so that when you add Element - Splitter to another device that it routes the output through the "Main output"
Right now it defaults to the Mid band only output. would make more sense to me to have it the other way around.That way you could quickly go on with your band splitting...and leave it so that only when we need to send to individual channels that we flip the rack then re route !
Splitter output.png
Splitter output.png (38 KiB) Viewed 2769 times
Second can you make it so that all buttons default to on on the Low and high bands? Again when I first loaded the devices I went straight into the volume,pan and M/S...when nothing was happening I realized that I first needed to turn that on...I think that Since I decided to add the device in the first place, that Yes ..I needed them on and ready to work!

Thanks For this device!
Last edited by pjeudy on 12 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

dvdrtldg

11 Dec 2015

Having a surprisingly hard time getting my head around Splitter - even with the help of the manual, I can't work out how to simply set it up so that each band is sent thru an effect (e.g. lo band thru a compressor, mid band thru Pulverizer, hi band thru reverb). I keep getting silence

tronam

12 Dec 2015

dvdrtldg wrote:Having a surprisingly hard time getting my head around Splitter - even with the help of the manual, I can't work out how to simply set it up so that each band is sent thru an effect (e.g. lo band thru a compressor, mid band thru Pulverizer, hi band thru reverb). I keep getting silence
It splits the bands, but I used a spider audio merger to bring them together again:

Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

gak

12 Dec 2015

Band splitter for free? I'd have PAID for it! (extremely usable!)

Man, will have to check out the "paid" stuff in the next few days, awesome!

Sokpoppet

12 Dec 2015

Nice!

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

12 Dec 2015

pjeudy wrote:Can you make it so that when you add Element - Splitter to another device that it routes the output through the "Main output"
Right now it defaults to the Mid band only output. would make more sense to me to have it the other way around.That way you could quickly go on with your band splitting...and leave it so that only when we need to send to individual channels that we flip the rack then re route !
We designed it to function this way because it is first and foremost a band splitter, and not a multiband stereo utility, even though it does do the latter remarkably well too.

In addition, our default system offers slightly more streamed patching: When you add the device to a chain, it is automatically set up in band splitting mode, with one band in use. From there you can either add one or two additional bands, as needed, or repatch the default mid outputs to global, keeping patching down to a minium (no more than two additional connections ever need to be made). Had we gone with your system, repatching Splitter from the default global to all bands would have required up to three additional connections.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Dom
Our full RE catalogue: shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=AirRaid+Audio
SoundCloud: soundcloud.com/airraid-audio
Twitter: twitter.com/AirRaidAudio
Official site: airraidaudio.com

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

12 Dec 2015

Tincture wrote:What are the paid ones like? I have lots of phasers, chorus, dist, filts...
They each bring something new to the table—the stereo CV modulation alone is unique to this series! But don't take my word for it, by all means try the demos ;)

Cheers,

Dom

miscend

12 Dec 2015

The chorus is juicy sounding

dvdrtldg

12 Dec 2015

All fine-sounding units - not necessarily essential if you already have a shit ton of delay, filter, distortion, chorus etc devices, but they're excellent value and it's nice to be able to do easy stereo CV modulation. I'll probably grab lo fi, chorus and maybe the filter, use them for wigged-out glitchery

frog974new

13 Dec 2015

dvdrtldg wrote:All fine-sounding units - not necessarily essential if you already have a shit ton of delay, filter, distortion, chorus etc devices, but they're excellent value and it's nice to be able to do easy stereo CV modulation. I'll probably grab lo fi, chorus and maybe the filter, use them for wigged-out glitchery
don't forget one of the avantages of each Elements : low cpu diplay :puf_smile:
Element do the job , and sometime i prefer for complex cv/audio routing using device like this . So on our project , personnal combinator patch we can select the correct fx device for the job ... not necessary to have an Echo or a complex multiband delay for our settings

Digitus

14 Dec 2015

These are really nice! I siphoned off the high frequency content of a rex loop and sent it through synchronous and the result is amazing. I'm pretty sure I'll be picking up the chorus and delay units in the near future. Thank you very much for the freebies!

GRIFTY

14 Dec 2015

does this band splitter split perfectly with no phase change?

AirRaidAudio
RE Developer

15 Dec 2015

GRIFTY wrote:does this band splitter split perfectly with no phase change?
Yup. Whichever mode you use it in, Splitter produces a perfect, uncoloured sound, which will sum to zero when mixed with a phase inverted duplicate signal. This was one of our primary goals when coding it.

Cheers,

Dom

odarmonix

15 Dec 2015

Thought this would be a good place to share the effect combis I created for two of the Elements audio demos, an extra 3 band distortion combi has been added : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/728 ... i%20FX.zip

chimp_spanner

15 Dec 2015

dvdrtldg wrote:Having a surprisingly hard time getting my head around Splitter - even with the help of the manual, I can't work out how to simply set it up so that each band is sent thru an effect (e.g. lo band thru a compressor, mid band thru Pulverizer, hi band thru reverb). I keep getting silence
Me too man! Not dissing a freebie btw. I mean it's awesome to give stuff away! I only recently purchased Yoko but tbh the splitting seems a little more intuitive. Somehow with Splitter I end up with either only one band, or no sound at all haha. But then I might just be tired and not working on full brainpower. That's also a distinct possibility.

dvdrtldg

15 Dec 2015

^^^ Courtesy of tronam... this setup works
tronam wrote: It splits the bands, but I used a spider audio merger to bring them together again:

... but I still don't get why it can't be used the way it appears to be designed - i.e. like Yoko: global in, each band with its own in/out, then summed output.

Don't get me wrong, free is cool. But it's got me scratching my head a bit

lowpryo

15 Dec 2015

chimp_spanner wrote:
Me too man! Not dissing a freebie btw. I mean it's awesome to give stuff away! I only recently purchased Yoko but tbh the splitting seems a little more intuitive. Somehow with Splitter I end up with either only one band, or no sound at all haha. But then I might just be tired and not working on full brainpower. That's also a distinct possibility.
2 important things that I've found:

a. if you want to use all 3 bands, you need to turn the Low and High bands on manually. maybe it would have been more intuitive for all 3 bands to be on by default.

b. you cannot use one single device to both split and merge the signal. as soon as you attach an input, the outputs become disabled. you'll need to use 2 splitters - one for input and another for output.

• Information