Balance Service and Maintenance

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
pushedbutton

30 Nov 2015

I'm getting some intermittent faults on my balance which results in a regular game 'guess which channel we can record from today'.
Usually I'm only using either recording a guitar or a mic and I can usually find a channel that feels like playing with one or the other inputs.
I noticed it was screwed together using some new fangled electronics screws so it there any point in me opening this puppy up and blowing some air in it after investing in a set of new fangled screwdrivers or if you feel this is a waste of time is there someone in the UK who can definitely fix the issue (ie. they know what it is and they know how to fix it as opposed to it being sat on someone's desk for a month while they say prayers for it.)

Also, on a slightly unrelated note, since I've installed windows 10 the ASIO option for Balance doesn't appear in Reason until I unplug it and plug it back in again. Is there a fix for this as it gets on my thrupennies?
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

XysteR

03 Dec 2015

I doubt if there will even be anything serviceable inside - I'd say leave it alone. Try to single out the problem by installing it on a different computer. If it works as normal on a different computer then it points the finger to a software related problem with your computer

pushedbutton

03 Dec 2015

I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue as
a) it's evident in Direct Monitoring mode
b) it does it on my desktop and my laptop pc's
c) the 'fix' is to bash the 48v button until it starts working.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

• Information