RE license transfer to non nternet DAW

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
EddieG

10 Apr 2015

SHould I use my ignition key ?
SHould I update my ignition key ?
should I use 150 ft of cat 5 cable ?

My licenses are connected wirelessly, with my laptop, but my daw doesnt hook to the net
I believe both my PCs were/are internet registered

any ideas?

I dont really wanna leep the ignition key in all the time on the daw

any way to hook into my current router through the BNC cable tv network in the house

hints
tips tricks
gettin my REs into the studio ?
thankz

E
stratcatfl in the house !

softska

10 Apr 2015

License can stay in ignition key. Don't think there's a way around for RE install though (harddrive image maybe? Pure speculation, someone else probably knows better)

doctecazoid

10 Apr 2015

If your DAW is not conveniently situated in such a way as to connect to your home wireless network, I suggest you purchase an inexpensive USB wireless adapter device, such as this little Netgear thing...

http://bit.ly/1FsC3bF (link to NewEgg site)

Once you have a USB wireless adapter installed and connected to your home wireless network, you can access your Propellerhead acct in a browser on your DAW and 'Sync All' rack extensions - this will get all your rack extensions installed onto your DAW.

You can also set up your DAW machine to be your registered PC for Reason from your Propellerhead acct, so you don't have to keep the Ignition Key plugged in to your DAW in order to use Reason and your REs on your DAW when it's not connected to the net.

You can then disconnect the USB wireless adapter to keep your DAW off the Internet.  Reconnect it only when you need to update your RE licenses on the machine, download the latest Reason updates, or do anything else you might need to on the net from your DAW.

EddieG

10 Apr 2015

I like the temporary USB idea
( I cant find my crimper tool after the move )
Thanksz

EddieG

17 Apr 2015

Success
Just got my usb thing
quick and easy
Thanks Yall

• Information