Korg Electribe 2?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Rook

26 Nov 2015

Does anyone have any experience with the new Korg Electribes? I'm really thinking about getting one. Seems like a great solution for coming up with little loops and ideas away from the computer. Good sounding drums, synths, effects... Maybe even a pad controller for Kong? Hmm...

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

freeQlow

27 Nov 2015

Kits are actually really good, very current sounds was a surprise. That's trap, techno, deep house, bass, glitch etc.
The fx are a lot of fun.
Semi deep menu dive, but if you dig yourself into any synthetic or sampler, it's a fun desktop synth.
All the kit parts can be solo, tweaked, muted.

If this is your first synth, it'll be a great purchase.
If you're a total gear slut and music snob dj, it's still a lot of fun.
If you're looking for something to bring into the living room that will invite your girl or kid into the band, then grab it.

I'll rank some similar gear.
10 - Rytm
9 - Oktatrack
7 - Electribe
6 - Blofeld
4 - Tr8 tied with Volca Beats
2 - Rhythm Wolf
1 - Beat boxing
0 - popping bubble wrap!

O1B

30 Nov 2015

Rook wrote:Does anyone have any experience with the new Korg Electribes? I'm really thinking about getting one. Seems like a great solution for coming up with little loops and ideas away from the computer. Good sounding drums, synths, effects... Maybe even a pad controller for Kong? Hmm...

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
E2 here. Both Sampler and Synth versions. hear there's a hack but I'm not interested at the moment.
nice standalone music maker… batteries, midi, Synth, Drums… iPad conn… nice.
250 sequences. with motion, velocity, key/scale, 64-step patterns - longer, if you're creative.

Nice Gear… I make a beat there. and then have it go head to head with the TR-8/TB-3/S1… then choose my weapons.

no regrets… if i lost both, i'd replace at LEAST one right away. Play it in the Park, Plane, or Pickup Truck.

never MIDI'd in… and it is missing a few things… like pitch/mod wheels (maybe even midiCC for them are lacking)... but still…
Right on time in my book. It can be a hit maker.

hope this helps. happy holidays...

mayzon

02 Dec 2015

Agree with a above.
It's a nice sounding box and pretty intuitive to use. One gripe would be the famously thin manual, takes a little while to dig in and get used to it.
I mainly use it for drum loops.
I'm flying to Poland tomorrow to play a set and it'll be in my bag ready to while away the hours when the inevitable delays strike, that's the real beauty with this thing!

• Information