TB-303 showing its age =(

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
rogerraa

31 Oct 2015

So the resonance pot failed I think. I tried fixing it but no joy. :(

Now I'm having a really hard time finding parts. If you know of a parts supplier that'd be great!

Anyone out there got a 303 with any experience with this sort of thing?

Olivier

31 Oct 2015

Last time i needed something for a 303 i ordered it from https://syntaur.com/
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

rogerraa

31 Oct 2015

Yeah I have a email sent their way. The part I need is out of stock. Hoping they plan on re-stocking.

normen

31 Oct 2015

Its just a 50k pot (linear/"B") afaik, shouldn't be that hard to find?

freeQlow

31 Oct 2015

There is a Vintage Repair Shop in Austin that's had a lot of great reviews.
Thinking my 808 will land there sometime in the future.

Almost sent my 106 to SynthSpa til I read on Vintage Synth there were a few Juno on their table for well over 6 months and then a sudden move from Nashville to Wisconsin.

You should definitely register on vintage synth.com lots of cool peeps there.

freeQlow

31 Oct 2015

rogerraa wrote:So the resonance pot failed I think. I tried fixing it but no joy. :(

Now I'm having a really hard time finding parts. If you know of a parts supplier that'd be great!

Anyone out there got a 303 with any experience with this sort of thing?
there is an eBay store from Italy, where a lot of early to mid 80s Roland parts were made. EBay is a gold mine for vintage Roland parts.

rogerraa

05 Nov 2015

Thanks for all the replies!

I spoke with someone at https://syntaur.com/ and they don't expect to get that part anytime in the future.
So I went ahead and ordered a set of pots from some place in france (soundtoparts) on ebay. No way of knowing how the fit will be until it arrives. So crossing fingers!

Thinking I might try to get all the replacement parts for the unit now while they are available. Get it in working order, pack it away, and by a clone.

bpmorton

05 Nov 2015

http://www.firstpr.com.au/rwi/dfish/pot-wear/some info I found. You probably already saw it but here you are.

rogerraa

06 Nov 2015

Yeah I did, but thanks man. Very Appreciative.

The little plastic (for lack of a better word) rivets?,... marked in the picture here broke off and the metal piece was just floating around in there, doing nothing. I tried repairing it, but meh.
ALPS-resonance-pot-rotor.jpg
ALPS-resonance-pot-rotor.jpg (150.12 KiB) Viewed 2075 times

I 3d printer would frickin cool if I had an accurate model of the part.

rogerraa

25 Nov 2015

Thought I would give an update for anyone interested.. And also I'm so happy that I need to share, ( lord knows my wife doesn't care.. lol )

I ended up purchasing through a company "sound-to-parts" from france on ebay. Replaced it tonight after dinner and all it good. *pheeew
So my plan is to get as many replacement parts for it like buttons, dc jack, etc. now while they are available, put it in the closet and possibly buy a clone if I end up finding myself needing a hardware 303. Doubt I will ever get to that but..

kk, thanks again for all who helped.

decibel

26 Nov 2015

eauhm wrote:Last time i needed something for a 303 i ordered it from https://syntaur.com/

good to know, and old mate offered to loan me his 303 as its currently gathering dust in a cupboard, he suspects there could be some corrosion where the battery connections are, im yet to take a look but this might be a useful service if it needs any new parts ;)

CharlyCharlzz

26 Nov 2015

It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

• Information