NI synth: Flesh

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
platzangst

21 Nov 2015

Native Instruments releases the Flesh synth (requires Reaktor or Reaktor Player):

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... nths/flesh

Promo vid:

Interesting idea, generating synth sounds from loaded samples. Not processing the samples themselves, necessarily, but analyzing sample content and using that to drive synth sequences. Might be worth looking into for those interested in generative composing, but my one caveat is I'm unsure about the available range of output synth sounds. If you're stuck with only half a dozen synth patch styles, it might get old fast.

Anyone try this yet?

adfielding

21 Nov 2015

Much like The Finger before it, I would imagine this could be a lot of fun for live performance or improvisation. Haven't tried it myself, I share your concern about the range of sounds it can produce. Certainly seems like it'd be fun to use, though!

Tumble

21 Nov 2015

Bit gimmicky, but very interesting nonetheless. Is there even any other plugin that can do what this does?

pjeudy

21 Nov 2015

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2015

Cool product, but the downside for me would be that it takes away everything I like about making music. I mean I wanna be the one writing the music, seems like this thing is doing most of it for me. It's almost too good at what it does if that makes any sense. It's like coloring pictures for kids, you get to add the final touch, but in the end it's not your picture.
Having said that, it seems like a great product if you quickly want to get something good sounding with minimal effort, which is a good thing I guess.
But yeah not for me.

pjeudy

22 Nov 2015

TritoneAddiction wrote: I wanna be the one writing the music, seems like this thing is doing most of it for me.
I understand what you mean, but might not be ideal to write music live...that would probably clear out the dance floor!
But if you need to improvise live then this might be what someone might look into.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Chritet

17 Dec 2015

New reaktor 6 block Quick video

• Information