Frontier AlphaTrack on Windows 10

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
pedrocaetanos

16 Nov 2015

Does anyone have managed to get a Frontier Design Group AlphaTrack working with Windows 10?

Drivers support only up to Windows 7, and not much info around in the net about sucessful (or unsucessful) attempts.

I'm considering to get one in 2nd hand, but it may be a crazy move to buy a discontinued and unsupported device...

Any chance it's class compliant, not needing Windows drivers?...
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

gak

16 Nov 2015

The last update from that company was 2010. Most updates were from 2007. I'm going out on a limb and stating they are a dead company.

pedrocaetanos

17 Nov 2015

gak wrote:The last update from that company was 2010. Most updates were from 2007. I'm going out on a limb and stating they are a dead company.
That is my assessment, too. So much that I even didn't try to send them an email... maybe I should, just in the unlikely chance I get a reply :)
But even for live companies, devices are not supported forever.
I'm willing to go ahead if it works on Windows 10, thus someone's experience with that would be useful.
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

• Information