I want a Nektar pad controller

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Rook

12 Nov 2015

Doesn't have to be fancy. It could be part of the Impact range, with the same basic software integration. Maybe like this...

(Try not to be too blown away by my leet photoshop skillz :lol: )

If they could do it for roughly the same price as the Nektar Impact LX25 ($99), I bet they sell a bunch. Even at $150, I would buy it in a heartbeat. There just don't seem to be too many great options out their right now, if you're on something other than Ableton Live.

marcuswitt

12 Nov 2015

Good idea, Rook. How about a Nektar P8, 88 keys with hammer action 16 pads and a bigger display/touch display?

Lizard

13 Nov 2015

marcuswitt wrote:Good idea, Rook. How about a Nektar P8, 88 keys with hammer action 16 pads and a bigger display/touch display?
With a USB 3.0 16 Channel low latency audio card with audio loop feedback built in. My desk would be a lot cleaner. :)

EnochLight

13 Nov 2015

If Nektar Tech ever did just a 16-pad controller, I would hope that they would improve the pads and make them light up. Since picking up my Trigger Finger Pro, I don't like using the pads on my P4 anymore.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

jonheal

13 Nov 2015

Are the pads more responsive on the new Trigger Finger? They were hard as rocks on the old Trigger Finger, and you really had to bash them. My delicate and dainty digits could not take the abuse. And my accuracy with the ballpein hammer was not so hot, either, so I sold it to a more manly man on eBay.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Rook

13 Nov 2015

EnochLight wrote:If Nektar Tech ever did just a 16-pad controller, I would hope that they would improve the pads and make them light up. Since picking up my Trigger Finger Pro, I don't like using the pads on my P4 anymore.
Illuminated pads would definitely be a nice touch.

Question: Do all the TFP transport controls work with Reason, including the record button? Seems like I remember reading something about the record button only affecting the internal sequencer and not transmitting CC.

EnochLight

14 Nov 2015

Rook wrote:Question: Do all the TFP transport controls work with Reason, including the record button? Seems like I remember reading something about the record button only affecting the internal sequencer and not transmitting CC.
Using the MCU setting, the stop/play button is tied to Reason's transport, but the record and loop button only affects the TFP's internal sequencer. I haven't tried setting it up in any other way, though.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information