Need to Expand The Community

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
Namahs Amrak

25 Aug 2015

jfrichards wrote:If there were regular postings from ReasonTalk in other places promoting the great things that happen here, that would be cool. For example, the song challenges have produced lots of impressive songs and are far deeper than the developer patch examples, so letting non-forum users know about the Soundcloud pages from each challenge as they happen might be good.
The Song Challenges are great, and whether I submit an entry or not, I'm generally working on something for most of them (most of them are crap though, or I run out of time). It's a great opportunity not only for the developers to expose their product to users, but also engages people. For me, it's also about working within very tight limitations of the rules.

But overall, I don't believe it's being embraced on a large scale. One recent challenge (I think it was Vecto) saw 46 entries submitted. From a forum pool of 5000+ people, that's hardly a sign of community solidarity to share in a fun exercise. Still, I think a monthly challenge would be great, if only for the Developers to market their products.
My Words are my ART

EnochLight

25 Aug 2015

hydlide wrote:yet get marked being a "black hat hacker" by one of the community members at the same time. I personally can't support a community (nor "work for it") when indirect claims like these take place.
Try not to take that comment seriously, hydlide. Without digressing into all of the reasons why it's not worth reading more into it at all (trust me, he's not worth the effort), suffice to say that your presence here is very much appreciated. Don't hang up your hat. Take a short hiatus, sure - but stick around!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Julibee

25 Aug 2015

Hi, Guys! Haven't visited in a while, but that's mostly a function of my kids being on summer break, hence I'm not making music, and I don't have much to think about it or hang out here. So for me, it's mostly a matter of timing.

One kid went back this week, the other starts next week. I'll be around a bit more, then. Not that anyone was looking for me, specifically or anything. :puf_smile:
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

MarkTarlton

26 Aug 2015

hydlide wrote:On a personal note, I have been thinking about hanging up the hat myself here too. Since basically my "work" is kind of done after the port. And for me it gets to a point to just move on with stuff that have kept me busy.

This may sound rather negative at some point of view. But I could explain this in more detail later. Since I am kind of struggling with the idea of being the tech-head behind the scene, yet get marked being a "black hat hacker" by one of the community members at the same time. I personally can't support a community (nor "work for it") when indirect claims like these take place.
if you enjoy what you do, keep doing it regardless of the people who don't appreciate your efforts. I have been a Reason user for a long time and your old youtube channel helped me out... as well as your newer stuff too. the sad thing is you probably don't hear from all the folks who are positively impacted by your hard work...it's the negative ones that are more outspoken, and those are the ones that can get to ya, especially when you are doing this for free!! I always appreciate stumbling upon your random posts and tutorials so keep it up unless you aren't feeling it anymore. much love and appreciation :)

jfrichards

27 Aug 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:...One recent challenge (I think it was Vecto) saw 46 entries submitted. From a forum pool of 5000+ people, that's hardly a sign of community solidarity...
Currently, there are 1491 ReasonTalk members, which includes around 1000 relatively new artists who don't even post their own music on the forum and have maybe one or two songs on Soundcloud. 46 entries out of 491 active, experienced members is a huge participatory percentage. If we had 5000 members, that would be a gigantic increase. That would be quite an ambitious goal, but is feasible with some creative outreach. It would be nice to take advantage of the high quality of the challenge songs somehow. I have always thought Props could promote forum user songs more, but it looks like it's totally up to us.

Riverman

02 Sep 2015

Kenni wrote:
Riverman wrote:I joined yesterday and made a suggestion but it was deleted?
I didn't delete a suggestion. I deleted a post ment to stir the discussion-pot. Not sure if the post came from you :)
Well someone deleted it. :-(
"Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current;
no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place,
and this too will be swept away." - Marcus Aurelius

craven

03 Sep 2015

Riverman wrote:
Kenni wrote:
I didn't delete a suggestion. I deleted a post ment to stir the discussion-pot. Not sure if the post came from you :)
hey Riverman, welcome to ReasonTalk! Sorry to hear that one, probably the very first, of your posts got deleted, what a start, huh? Not sure what happened, but this forum usually works quite well and I hope you will enjoy it a lot. What kind of music are you into? Are you using reason for a long time already?
:ugeek:

motuscott

05 Sep 2015

hydlide wrote: This may sound rather negative at some point of view. But I could explain this in more detail later. Since I am kind of struggling with the idea of being the tech-head behind the scene, yet get marked being a "black hat hacker" by one of the community members at the same time. I personally can't support a community (nor "work for it") when indirect claims like these take place.
You would be greatly missed.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Riverman

06 Sep 2015

craven wrote:
Riverman wrote:
Kenni wrote:
hey Riverman, welcome to ReasonTalk! Sorry to hear that one, probably the very first, of your posts got deleted, what a start, huh? Not sure what happened, but this forum usually works quite well and I hope you will enjoy it a lot. What kind of music are you into? Are you using reason for a long time already?
Oh wow what?? I wrote a reply to you yesterday that was deleted? So unwelcome... I cannot even describe what I do for work?
That attitude is why I've been a lurker. :-( :-( :-(
Christian musicians not allowed! :-(
"Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current;
no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place,
and this too will be swept away." - Marcus Aurelius

CharlyCharlzz

17 Sep 2015

well we could invite a super star of synths on our threads from time to time , anybody know any ?
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

frog974new

31 Oct 2015

don't be afraid to see only 20 or 30 people connected at the same time ;).
the most important thing is to have an active community .

The good deal with reasontalk , many developpers share news or challenge with Reasontalk and reasonitas ( aka Noel G ) , fews members have open many groups about reason on FB so we have all the backlinks . a community take time to grow up , for exemple when i was on the reason france team , its only after above tens years we've above 12 000 members with above 100 or 200 people connect at the same time for special events or bigs news.

Reasontalk 've a good start , just keep the good feeling and keep building all ressources :
- news
- refills
- music
- challenge or others events .

some idea we used on reason france that could be helpfull
a topic with all links all tutos on reasontalk , the same with all challenges/events ...
there's the song challenge , may be try others things like a compil each years with only reasons song or others song challenge , try to make a community refill each year ... a combinator skins challenge ..etc...try to write some article above and around the MAO...

moneykube

02 Nov 2015

[/quote]
Oh wow what?? I wrote a reply to you yesterday that was deleted? So unwelcome... I cannot even describe what I do for work?
That attitude is why I've been a lurker. :-( :-( :-(
Christian musicians not allowed! :-([/quote]
:shock: what what what?.... never noticed that Christian musicians are not allowed... I'm Christian as well... one of the main rules is not to discuss religion and politics because it generally starts a war that no one wins and people can get very angry and disrespectful about both subjects...I've seen it happen in countless forums and believe it is better left out of discussions if possible... there are other forums and facebook groups for that stuff... talk about reason and music... sure there will be the odd argument there as well, because people are people... some like to argue... if they get out of line they are removed... I've been here since the start and have yet to make a post that was deleted... missed your posts so I can't say why they were deleted... I can only guess that some admin thought an argument might happen... but not seeing what you posted, I can only guess... it is your decision to stay or go, but I say give it a chance and stick to reason posts and all will be cool... I like this forum myself... but, if Christian musicians are not allowed, which I very much doubt,... then I'll leave as well :puf_wink:... in my opinion the anti-God posts (I see rarely by individuals I prefer not to name) should be deleted as well... no place for that shit here... the purpose is to start an argument... that just isn't cool with me :thumbs_down:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Resonator

03 Nov 2015

The forum is slow because there's nothing exciting happening with Propellerhead. What's so exciting about Discover? Nothing. What's so exciting about all the Reason updates since 8.0? Nothing but a few bugfixes and a convolution reverb. That aint much to talk about. What's so exciting about REs? Nothing but a slow shop and much of the same effects in a different package. You might see a good synth here and there, but thats few and far between. So there's really not much for people to talk about here these days.

boobytrap

07 Nov 2015

Resonator wrote:The forum is slow because there's nothing exciting happening with Propellerhead. What's so exciting about Discover? Nothing. What's so exciting about all the Reason updates since 8.0? Nothing but a few bugfixes and a convolution reverb. That aint much to talk about. What's so exciting about REs? Nothing but a slow shop and much of the same effects in a different package. You might see a good synth here and there, but thats few and far between. So there's really not much for people to talk about here these days.
Absolutely ! I totally agree that facts. Reason is going Really (Badly) Slow. about the discover it's totally nothing but free loop sharing. totally waist.
all other DAW's try to make something impressive in there updates. I don't have any idea abut this. they need really big update first. like clip launcher and Dark color themes, BETTER ZOMING TOOLS with mouse wheel, piano roll with scale function. new sample library, Specially SONG STSRTER Templates.

the problem is, that ain't happen until next 20 years or something.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

Exowildebeest

07 Nov 2015

boobytrap wrote:
Resonator wrote:The forum is slow because there's nothing exciting happening with Propellerhead. What's so exciting about Discover? Nothing. What's so exciting about all the Reason updates since 8.0? Nothing but a few bugfixes and a convolution reverb. That aint much to talk about. What's so exciting about REs? Nothing but a slow shop and much of the same effects in a different package. You might see a good synth here and there, but thats few and far between. So there's really not much for people to talk about here these days.
BETTER ZOMING TOOLS with mouse wheel
Reason zooms perfectly with the mousewheel imo...? It's one of the things that I love about Reason and hate about Ableton.

pjeudy

07 Nov 2015

boobytrap wrote:the problem is, that ain't happen until next 20 years or something.
Exactly!
If you are 10-15 years of age today.....then Reason and Rack Extensions will be what VST are today by the time your in your mid 20's early 30's.
But if now your already in your Mid 20's early 30's even Mid 30's or later....then you might as well in corporate VSTs into your work..and not let all the Audio software technological advancement just go buy , because your hoping/waiting for the day our favorite DAW catches up! That makes no sense. Time waits for no one :exclamation:

One way to give REASON user those devices and features to play with is if Propellerheads..would have first...set up a system to allow VST's into REASON..while in parallel developing it's own plugin format. And If there Plugin (RE) format would be so amazing then ..those other major developers would see it for them selves and switched on there own. (I'm not even hoping for VST in REASON)

This would have increased Reason users....to a point where even people still on R5 who love there VST's would have had a real solid Reason to upgrade.
Having potential customers is what developers would be looking at, right now I doubt they believe it's worth there effort to code for REASON.
Other then the Amazing Rob Papen and jon ayers...and RE only developers ..what other major developers even come announce there devices on here for REASON?

Even when there's an update for REASON that gets picked up by some online magazine, other then a quick copy and paste mentioned of it...the rest of the year you see almost no article regarding anything about REASON. Propellerhead have done a great job boxing them selves in a corner all by them selves ..and us :-)

REASON will always be what light on feature it's not by accident it's by design!
There will never be a THOR type RE by Propellerheads...it's too complex and powerful they feel...these thing get in the way of making music, they say it every chance they get :-)
Propellerhead in some aspects have made REASON to be a stepping stone....when you first start out ...then yea it's cool to have REASON..when you feel you've learned a little more or want better tools...then move on to the other DAWs...(of course there will always be that love for REASON) :-)
Last edited by pjeudy on 07 Nov 2015, edited 2 times in total.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

jonheal

07 Nov 2015

pjeudy wrote:...But if now your already in your Mid 20's early 30's even Mid 30's or later....Time waits for no one :exclamation:
What if you are later, later. MUCH later, later? :puf_smile:
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

pjeudy

07 Nov 2015

jonheal wrote:
pjeudy wrote:...But if now your already in your Mid 20's early 30's even Mid 30's or later....Time waits for no one :exclamation:
:puf_smile: well in that case...one would enjoy the end credits before the long sleep :arrow:
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

boobytrap

08 Nov 2015

pjeudy wrote:
boobytrap wrote:the problem is, that ain't happen until next 20 years or something.
Exactly!
If you are 10-15 years of age today.....then Reason and Rack Extensions will be what VST are today by the time your in your mid 20's early 30's.........bla bla bla.......... :-)
Im just tring to say about the current corse of PH. Its very slow and nothing intersting. I mean for now. I own 5 fully DAWs , this is Reason and its very special to me. Coz its my first idea. I dont wait for any special VST as a RE.
Only im saying the things around hear getting slow.
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

motuscott

08 Nov 2015

pjeudy wrote:
jonheal wrote:
:puf_smile: well in that case...one would enjoy the end credits before the long sleep :arrow:
So cold, dude.
Jon, lead the way.

pjeudy

08 Nov 2015

motuscott wrote:
pjeudy wrote:
jonheal wrote:
So cold, dude.
Jon, lead the way.
? Uh...That was not directed at anyone! Never said this before but ...take my quote at face value..DO NOT READ between the lines ...there' nothing there :thumbs_up:

motuscott

08 Nov 2015

My bad...
Most apologies

pjeudy

08 Nov 2015

motuscott wrote:My bad...
Most apologies
cool man.....that is not my style....Jon was being cool ...I got that right away :puf_smile:

motuscott

09 Nov 2015

Still Jon is as old as death,
I can't take that away from him...

pjeudy

09 Nov 2015

motuscott wrote:Still Jon is as old as death,
I can't take that away from him...
:-) now you done dit it :-)

• Information