What Features others DAWs has and Reason Does not have?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sonicbyte

05 Nov 2015

A more powerful sampler or support for kontakt libraries

zakalwe

05 Nov 2015

bezier curves on automation/fades
PDC
group faders
ability to group/bus sends (arguably a job for the rack and would be SSL breaking)
melodyne

and rewire master as ironically it is one of the few major DAW suites not to have it

Tumble

05 Nov 2015

Benedict wrote:crash prone,
overly technical or pretty, yet pointless time wasting features that don't help make better music,
street cred among kids who have never released a single record (or even Bandcamp album).

oh and video support

:)
You just described the rack/CV system.

selig
RE Developer

05 Nov 2015

Tumble wrote:
Benedict wrote:crash prone,
overly technical or pretty, yet pointless time wasting features that don't help make better music,
street cred among kids who have never released a single record (or even Bandcamp album).

oh and video support

You just described the rack/CV system.
But other DAWs don't have a rack/CV system that I'm aware of - confused…
[wait (sorry, I'm probably being a bit dense here today) - are you expressing the opinion that these features are overly technical/pointless etc? If so, your post is completely off topic here…]
Selig Audio, LLC

sdst
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2015

funny that all professional studios use rack system

and some people think that this is obsolete

avasopht
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2015

Reason doesn't have:

1. Automatic delay compensation
2. (FLStudio) playback already started notes (e.g. if your note starts on the previous bar, FLStudio will play it back as if the note had been played all that time)

thotbott

05 Nov 2015

Useful crossfades, or even more than one cross fade

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mcatalao
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2015

Automatic punch in!

mcatalao
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2015

PS.: I will say automatic punch in untill there is automatic punch in!

Exowildebeest

05 Nov 2015

Ableton allows me to reverse sequences of notes.

I wish Reason would allow reverse of MIDI and automation clips. The Tool window already offers stretching and the awesome "alter notes" functionality.

And I'd also wish they'd extend the quantization tool from notes to automation. I've tried the quantize tool in vain on automation so many times :( So strange, because automation is able to use snap values, thank God.

electrofux

06 Nov 2015

The biggies for me are:

Clip Launching/Loopers
PunchIn/Out

chimp_spanner

06 Nov 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:Ableton allows me to reverse sequences of notes.

I wish Reason would allow reverse of MIDI and automation clips. The Tool window already offers stretching and the awesome "alter notes" functionality.

And I'd also wish they'd extend the quantization tool from notes to automation. I've tried the quantize tool in vain on automation so many times :( So strange, because automation is able to use snap values, thank God.
I can't speak for all DAWs but even Cubase doesn't have this (and goodness knows it needs it). Out of the two, I greatly prefer Reason's automation, even as-is. Can you believe there's no global static automation value in Cubase? It's whatever the last automation point was. Which is *really* irritating if you have all your parameters set up for a particular sound and want to automate just a beat or a bar. You have to set everything back again afterwards.

Anyway yeah totally agreed, some kind of note/automation link would be great.

• Information