Anybody else here use a Frontier Design Group TranzPort on Windows 8.1 (64-bit)?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
EnochLight

04 Apr 2015

I'm starting to have regular computer crashes/unexpected restarts.  Just took a peek at my latest memory dump log and it appears as though "TranzPortx64.sys" is the culprit.   :frown:

Just trying to see if anyone else is having issues.

Strangely enough, it's been working fine for years.  I'd hate to retire it, as having it always "at the go" is awesome.  I can always use my iPad and rsTouch, but often that's not sitting in my studio.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

motuscott

04 Apr 2015

I had Alphatrack and dug it, but lost it to a mac OS upgrade. Lesson learned
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

EnochLight

04 Apr 2015

*UPDATE*

I'm wondering if my issue arose from switching my old USB 2.0 PCI-e card out with a USB 3.0 one recently.  The TranzPort drivers are from 2009 and it was only made for USB 2.0.  Hmmm... just put a USB 2.0 card back in my box and hooked up the TranzPort - let's see if it plays nice over the next few days!   ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

pedrocaetanos

16 Nov 2015

Hi Enoch,
Have you been able to keep on using Alphatrack without issues?
Have you upgraded to Windows 10?
I'm thinking on buying a 2nd hand Alphatrack, but I have mixed feelings due to the lack of support and last drivers version being for Windows 7.

EDIT: somehow I managed to imagine you wrote Alphatrack instead of TranzPort... :)
Anyway, by any chance do you have the TranzPort working OK on Windows 10?
Last edited by pedrocaetanos on 16 Nov 2015, edited 2 times in total.
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

motuscott

16 Nov 2015

I have an Alphatrack around here somewhere if you find you're able to use one, Pedro.
PM me if it works out and I'll find it, I never throw anything out.
Oh I see you're in Portugal...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

pedrocaetanos

16 Nov 2015

motuscott wrote:I have an Alphatrack around here somewhere if you find you're able to use one, Pedro.
PM me if it works out and I'll find it, I never throw anything out.
Oh I see you're in Portugal...
Thanks Scott, but indeed shipping to Portugal might be expensive - the one I'm considering comes from UK.
But depending on how much you wanted for the AlphaTrack it could be worthwhile... we'll discuss that in PM if I can get more info.
Because the main issue is: will Windows 10 allow me to use the AlphaTrack?
I suppose you have no clue since yours is dumped away...
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

• Information