Riding the slow flow

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
FATCheese

04 Apr 2015

Just relax. Take it down a notch. Make some tea and position yourself in the most comfortable way possible and let this track feed your brain with a smooth nice chillout vibe from your favorite music maker hobbyist.

Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

Emian

04 Apr 2015

very relaxing indeed, perfect while enjoyin' my beer after a good meal :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Last Alternative

04 Apr 2015

You pulled it?
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

FATCheese

05 Apr 2015

Emian wrote:very relaxing indeed, perfect while enjoyin' my beer after a good meal :)
That's great!
Thanks for listening.

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

FATCheese

05 Apr 2015

Last Alternative wrote:You pulled it?
Nope.
I made it! :)

Last Alternative

05 Apr 2015

Oh shit. Earlier when I opened this the sc said "oops this song doesn't exist" or something like that. Listening now. It's super cool. Really makes you mellow out. Comments on the player. Man those drum elements sound so cool and organic. Sweet delays too. I'm really chillin to this. It's got a feeling that soothes the soul.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

FATCheese

06 Apr 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Oh shit. Earlier when I opened this the sc said "oops this song doesn't exist" or something like that. Listening now. It's super cool. Really makes you mellow out. Comments on the player. Man those drum elements sound so cool and organic. Sweet delays too. I'm really chillin to this. It's got a feeling that soothes the soul.
Wow. Thank you Last Alternative! :wave:

mbfrancis

09 Apr 2015

Hey this is lovely.  I could have used a little more wetness/reverb/delay on the piano, make it spacier.  Also the jaws harp bouncy sound at 1:36 throws me, feels like it's from another song.  It also overstays it's welcome, you need new and different stuff coming in I think. But man overall beautiful stuff.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

eusti

09 Apr 2015

mbfrancis wrote:Hey this is lovely.  I could have used a little more wetness/reverb/delay on the piano, make it spacier.  Also the jaws harp bouncy sound at 1:36 throws me, feels like it's from another song.  It also overstays it's welcome, you need new and different stuff coming in I think. But man overall beautiful stuff.
I completely agree with mbfrancis here... Not sure about more wetness / reverb / delay on the piano, but am partial to the weird sequencer sound as well... While the other stuff is so relaxing and fitting and soothing this one sticks out... It might be to contrast all the nice sounds, but I think you could do better... As well, I agree that it stays too long... Other than that: Beautiful!

D.

Soft Enerji

10 Apr 2015

Listening again on SC so I leave some comments there........this is great dude!

Soft Enerji

10 Apr 2015

Looking at the comments above I'd maybe agree that a bit more verb on the piano might be good but it's not crucial in my opinion. The jews harp part I really like........I'm on my 3rd listen now and as a counterpoint to the rest of the music is quite hypnotic.

FATCheese

11 Apr 2015

mbfrancis wrote:Hey this is lovely.  I could have used a little more wetness/reverb/delay on the piano, make it spacier.  Also the jaws harp bouncy sound at 1:36 throws me, feels like it's from another song.  It also overstays it's welcome, you need new and different stuff coming in I think. But man overall beautiful stuff.
I brought the delay on the piano down a notch because personally I feel like is would be drowning in it. Especially with the pads already going on as a hypnotic "drone". I guess that just mixing taste.
The harp kind of sound (which is basically the hybrid lead Thor patch in the FSB) I had my doubts about it myself. because is sounds so strange with the other sounds but then again sounds so nice as a contrast sound. I couldn't find an other fitting sound at that time! :)

eusti wrote:I completely agree with mbfrancis here... Not sure about more wetness / reverb / delay on the piano, but am partial to the weird sequencer sound as well... While the other stuff is so relaxing and fitting and soothing this one sticks out... It might be to contrast all the nice sounds, but I think you could do better... As well, I agree that it stays too long... Other than that: Beautiful!

D.
Yeah it was to contrast the other sounds. But like I said above I had my doubts.
And you are right! I do want to alter the length of some parts and build in some variation.
But when I made it I got into some sort of hypnotic state where I thought everything was perfect!
:t0305:

Soft Enerji wrote:Looking at the comments above I'd maybe agree that a bit more verb on the piano might be good but it's not crucial in my opinion. The jews harp part I really like........I'm on my 3rd listen now and as a counterpoint to the rest of the music is quite hypnotic.
Glad you like it! And you like the hybrid lead Thor patch in the track as opposed to mbfrancis and eusti.
Oh well.... different people have different opinions. :D

Thank you all for listening!

• Information