Guitar Dynamics inside Reason - Sunset Beach Kiss

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
jfrichards

03 Apr 2015

Just wanted to post this song to pass on my amazement at the dynamics available in Kuassa Creme.  I'm not using any effects on the two electric guitar tracks, just Creme.  Damnation, that's some savage tube sound, picking up all the pick technique I can throw at it.

http://phead.mu/s/coJcT9Zq

The song is a brief glimpse into the volcanic passions that erupted at the end of a spectacular sunset on a deserted California beach with a blue-eyed Cherokee woman from Tennessee in 1996.

Last Alternative

04 Apr 2015

Kicks right off with a cool mess of guitars. Not particularly mixed well but man it's a pretty nice chaos of a melody. Your description took me there. It's very southwestern. Some drums would help but aren't really needed. This isn't really a song- it seems like the start of one though. Killer guitar tones. What is the patch for the guitar in the middle? I'm guessing you made it. And I want it!

Rad playing, JF.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

jfrichards

04 Apr 2015

Last Alternative wrote:...I'm guessing you made it. And I want it!...
Here it is, Creme Sin-D

The "song" is all the parts mixed together with no structure at all.  It sort of starts like this when it's edited,
http://phead.mu/s/UMLQbemX

and there's singing, but I'm a ways away from that yet.  And thanks for encouraging me to explore Creme more.  When you said you are using Scream/Creme a lot, I was impressed.

Did you get the new guitar yet?  Photos?

PS., the guitar is overwhelming everything else right now because Giles has said my leads are mixed way in the back, and I overcompensated.  I blame him.  :P   Mylie does too.
Attachments
Creme_Sin-D.repatch.zip
(1.05 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

Last Alternative

04 Apr 2015

Cool. Thanx for the patch. I'll try it out. And there's really no method to my madness with guitar tones. I just fool around with stuff until I find what works but the Scream really works well with the amps. Also I use a very generous dose of EQ cuts and steep filters on the Synapse EQ.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

jfrichards

06 Apr 2015

Last Alternative wrote:...This isn't really a song- it seems like the start of one though...
Here it is a little further along, thanks for the encouragement and suggestions.

jfrichards

06 Apr 2015

It just hit me...  Led Zeppelin I has been imprinted into my DNA.   :shock:

eusti

06 Apr 2015

jfrichards wrote:It just hit me...  Led Zeppelin I has been imprinted into my DNA.   :shock:

I'm no expert in this kind of style, but to me it sounds a bit that you don't seem to trust any of your melodies too much as I feel overwhelmed... They just keep piling on... As I said earlier and on SC: I love the sounds you're getting and your playing... Just not all of the melodies at once! ;)

D.

PS: I hope I didn't offend you, John!

mbfrancis

09 Apr 2015

Wonderful tone, wonderful playing, John.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

• Information