That Music Company's Spring Sale: +60% off

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

pjeudy

02 Apr 2015

Note to self in big letters I WILL NOT MISS THIS SALE AGAIN !!! :-)
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

dconana

02 Apr 2015

Cool! Fancied getting the overdrive, sweet deal.

challism

05 Apr 2015

I was tempted for a second... because $9 isn't much.  I already own 2 of the 3 REs, and I think they put out a quality product.  But I feel I am already set for distortion units.

Scream
Saturation Knob
Tritone
Distortion Chain
Etch Red
Synchronous
Audiomatic
Vermillion
Predator
Revival
Softube Amps
Purposefully NOT mentioning foldback distortion half rack.

But then again.... it's only $9..........  no.... I must be strong and follow my self-imposed halt on any more RE purchases for 3 months.

Anybody whose phaser and distortion needs are not met, may want to consider this sale.  $9 is really cheap for these REs.  I am a big fan of the Distort Chain.  The Phaser is just ok.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

TheGodOfRainbows

06 Apr 2015

challism wrote:
I was tempted for a second... because $9 isn't much.  I already own 2 of the 3 REs, and I think they put out a quality product.  But I feel I am already set for distortion units.

Scream
Saturation Knob
Tritone
Distortion Chain
Etch Red
Synchronous
Audiomatic
Vermillion
Predator
Revival
Softube Amps
Purposefully NOT mentioning foldback distortion half rack.

But then again.... it's only $9..........  no.... I must be strong and follow my self-imposed halt on any more RE purchases for 3 months.

Anybody whose phaser and distortion needs are not met, may want to consider this sale.  $9 is really cheap for these REs.  I am a big fan of the Distort Chain.  The Phaser is just ok.
Why are you not mentioning the foldback distortion half rack? Is this device or method of distortion considered to be undesirable? Do people think it sounds trashy? I always thought it sounded pretty cool. And I have made a lot of use out of Scream. It's one of my all time favorite devices. It's so versatile.

challism

06 Apr 2015

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:Why are you not mentioning the foldback distortion half rack? Is this device or method of distortion considered to be undesirable? Do people think it sounds trashy? I always thought it sounded pretty cool. And I have made a lot of use out of Scream. It's one of my all time favorite devices. It's so versatile.
I don't like the sound of it, no.  And I think many other users also dislike it.  But if you like it, that's cool, man.  To each his/her own.  Plus I have so many other options to use these days.... I never use the foldback distortion half rack anymore.  But back in the days of Reason 1, it was the only choice.  I used the hell out of it back in 2000.  I was really happy when Scream came out.  I still love that device (Scream).
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

mrj1nx

07 Apr 2015

I pulled the trigger on this one, and already enjoying the sound of the units quite a bit, probably wont be seeing scream 4 anytime soon again :) (honestly I'm sick and tired of most of the original reason units, never use them except in combi patches) If we could reskin them in a few versions, like an all black/carbon scream 4 and so forth maybe i would consider using some of them... but i've been seeing them since Reason 3...

K1TTENM1TTEN

07 Apr 2015

Honestly, Mr. OverDrive is totally worth the price of admission. I don't use the overdrive portion of that RE much, but the stereo spread on that RE is amazing. If there are any RE-Tron users out there that do not have Mr. OverDrive, demo it, turn off/bypass all the filters, turn down the output volume, max the RE's wetness and set the stereo knob right at 80%. It does some amazing work with RE-Tron that truly gives that RE an total boost in character. Just my two cents ;-)

• Information