(quitar) cant record an instrument

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Radofun

27 Aug 2015

Hey guys,
got an issue, I just got how to play the guitar trough reason 5. Got it at combinator (see att.) At the screenshot of front panel just guitar is making noise. A can hear it, see it at bars, but after record button is pressed and I play nothing appears in this combinators red area in sequencer and after stop if disappears.
I hope you understood my issue and will be very greatful for your help.
Peace.
Attachments
front.png
front panel
front.png (786.54 KiB) Viewed 652 times
seq.png
sequencer
seq.png (92.01 KiB) Viewed 653 times
back.png
rear panel
back.png (898.37 KiB) Viewed 653 times

Heater

27 Aug 2015

Add an audio track rack device. Route the combinator through that and enable the "REC SOURCE" on the front right hand side of the audio track rack device.

Radofun

27 Aug 2015

You mean in create mark? there is not this one. I think that just in newer versions. Just create instrument or effect. :(

Tincture

27 Aug 2015

The only way (AFAIK) to get audio into Reason 5 is to record it in another application and then import it into one of the samplers or REX it up in ReCycle and then load into DR Rex.

I've tried it with guitars back in the day. It was fiddly and time consuming to say the least. Reason 8.3 awaits ;)

Radofun

27 Aug 2015

But why the hell it ends at halfway?! Damn it. OK thanks anyway. I dont have to think Im dumb at least :D

Tincture

27 Aug 2015

Yeah... have you got the ADSR env with sustain at 100%? I'm not the best to advise on samplers I'm afraid ;) You're not dumb but you have a lot of work ahead if you want to carry on trying to get long length audio into R5.

• Information