ReMark 2.0 Shows the new Spring Colors!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
BPGeez

03 Apr 2015

The extra lines are legit!!
Reason is my girlfriend. Sometimes she mistreats me, but I still love her.

Checkout my tunes made with Reason: https://soundcloud.com/geez-musicals

motuscott

03 Apr 2015

So if I buy v.2 will it bring the new colors to Reason 7.1.2
A girl can hope can't she?
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

miahluvdd

03 Apr 2015

This is a very useful RE that I use in every project. The extra lines are something I've often wished for!!!

Leave the white text on black IMHO it's easier to read a long way from the screen which is useful sometimes.

Thanks, Selig!!

selig
RE Developer

03 Apr 2015

motuscott wrote:So if I buy v.2 will it bring the new colors to Reason 7.1.2
Indeed, yes! Or on R8.1 - just not anything before 7.1. :frown:
Selig Audio, LLC

stratatonic

03 Apr 2015

stratatonic wrote:
selig wrote:
selig wrote:Makes sense to me. :)
selig wrote:
selig wrote:Any chance of an option to have black text on white?
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:I don't think I can have that as a user changeable feature, at least not the way I'm doing it. But I'm more of a creator/designer than a programmer, so I'm not positive. 
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:I could have it as black on white text always, but that would "break" the feature where you don't see anything but a black spacer with a tape strip as the default. :)
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:Oh goodness please no! White text on black is perfect. Please don't change this. My eyes beg you. .

Goodness, it was just asked for as an option, not to change it completely... :roll:

selig
RE Developer

03 Apr 2015

stratatonic wrote:
selig wrote:
selig wrote:
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:I don't think I can have that as a user changeable feature, at least not the way I'm doing it. But I'm more of a creator/designer than a programmer, so I'm not positive. 
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:I could have it as black on white text always, but that would "break" the feature where you don't see anything but a black spacer with a tape strip as the default. :)
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:Oh goodness please no! White text on black is perfect. Please don't change this. My eyes beg you. .
stratatonic wrote: Goodness, it was just asked for as an
stratatonic wrote:option
stratatonic wrote:, not to change it completely... :roll:
But my first response said an option wasn't possible, so we continued from there under that assumption!
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

motuscott

03 Apr 2015

selig wrote:
No Way! Are you serious?

selig
RE Developer

03 Apr 2015

selig wrote:
motuscott wrote: No Way! Are you serious?
The new colors are not in any way "tied" to R8.2. If I had known about the new colors when I first created ReMark, we could have been using them all along! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

stratatonic

03 Apr 2015

stratatonic wrote:
selig wrote:
selig wrote:
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:

selig wrote:
But my first response said an option wasn't possible, so we continued from there under that assumption!
;)
Well, you did say that you weren't positive that an option could be done...It's not a big deal though - it's possible that looking at the recent screen shots and the actual RE is the difference in legibility. The changes (3 lines) are great. :)

motuscott

03 Apr 2015

Holy Cow! You are the man Selig

Kazz

03 Apr 2015

selig wrote:
Just to be clear, ReMark 2.0 will have the new colors in 7.1.2, but unless I missed some info from Propellerhead Reason itself won't unless you upgrade to 8.2 or later.

selig
RE Developer

03 Apr 2015

stratatonic wrote:
selig wrote:
selig wrote:
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:

selig wrote:
;)
stratatonic wrote: Well, you did say that you weren't positive that an option could be done...It's not a big deal though - it's possible that looking at the recent screen shots and the actual RE is the difference in legibility. The changes (3 lines) are great. :)
Fair enough, I DID say that!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

03 Apr 2015

selig wrote:
Kazz wrote:
Just to be clear, ReMark 2.0 will have the new colors in 7.1.2, but unless I missed some info from Propellerhead Reason itself won't unless you upgrade to 8.2 or later.
That's how I understand it too.
Selig Audio, LLC

motuscott

04 Apr 2015

That was my original joke. I'm amazed that ReMark will have the colors in 7.1.2 but I don't know jack about coding.
Still maybe the other devices will catch it...

TheGodOfRainbows

04 Apr 2015

stratatonic wrote:
selig wrote:
selig wrote:
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
stratatonic wrote:
stratatonic wrote:Oh goodness please no! White text on black is perfect. Please don't change this. My eyes beg you. .
selig wrote:
selig wrote:Goodness, it was just asked for as an
selig wrote:option
selig wrote:, not to change it completely... :roll:
[/size]
stratatonic wrote:
stratatonic wrote:But my first response said an option wasn't possible, so we continued from there under that assumption!
stratatonic wrote: ;)
selig wrote:
selig wrote:Well, you did say that you weren't positive that an option could be done...It's not a big deal though - it's possible that looking at the recent screen shots and the actual RE is the difference in legibility. The changes (3 lines) are great. :)

Fair enough, I DID say that! :)
Wow I didn't mean to stir things up like that! lol But yeah I think you guys both sorted out what I meant, which was "
if there can be no user selectable option to go from white text on black, to black text on white, then stay with white text on black".

EddieG

06 Apr 2015

how do I change colors ?
This is gonna be AWESOME
stratcatfl in the house !

clone

08 Apr 2015

I asked that question 2 weeks ago, I haven't heard a response yet?

selig
RE Developer

09 Apr 2015

EddieG wrote:how do I change colors ?
This is gonna be AWESOME
Sorry I missed this question - if you mean "how do I change colors on ReMark in the Rack", it's by clicking and dragging up/down on the left or right of the text blocks. You can also flip the rack and change colors by selecting the names on a pop up list.

But if you mean "how do I get the new colors", you must be running R7.1 or newer, and simply upgrade when I get ReMark 2.0 approved (any day now). Hopefully one of these answers addresses the question! :)
Selig Audio, LLC

pedrocaetanos

09 Apr 2015

stratatonic wrote:I,m not sure about the darker text. it's hard to say as I am looking at it on a mobile. Probably needs to be somewhat lighter. Maybe it's the font that does it to me eyes. ??
selig wrote:
I'll try a lighter version for the text. Wish I had more control over the font. I could make it smaller which would be less blocky - but smaller. Maybe time for some experiments (in the morning).
Hi Giles, nice to have a community update. :)

Your new version, with less contrasting text, seemed a lot better to me, less harsh on the eyes. Seeing on a tabletop LCD.
A lighter version means what? increasing contrast again? not too much please, as this was an improvement.

An attempt with smaller font seems also a good idea - the "blockiness" is indeed annoying.
There are some options down that path:
A)
- decrease 1 size for collapsed device
- decrease 2 sizes for expanded device
B)
- decrease 1 size for 1st line (either collapsed or expanded)
- decrease 2 sizes for 2nd and 3rd line

(I don't know the units one can deal with font size, so I just called it "size" and choose 1 as the base "step" - maybe more "steps" are needed in order to get results)

Thanks!
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

selig
RE Developer

09 Apr 2015

stratatonic wrote:I,m not sure about the darker text. it's hard to say as I am looking at it on a mobile. Probably needs to be somewhat lighter. Maybe it's the font that does it to me eyes. ??
selig wrote:
I'll try a lighter version for the text. Wish I had more control over the font. I could make it smaller which would be less blocky - but smaller. Maybe time for some experiments (in the morning).
pedrocaetanos wrote:
Hi Giles, nice to have a community update. :)

Your new version, with less contrasting text, seemed a lot better to me, less harsh on the eyes. Seeing on a tabletop LCD.
A lighter version means what? increasing contrast again? not too much please, as this was an improvement.

An attempt with smaller font seems also a good idea - the "blockiness" is indeed annoying.
There are some options down that path:
A)
- decrease 1 size for collapsed device
- decrease 2 sizes for expanded device
B)
- decrease 1 size for 1st line (either collapsed or expanded)
- decrease 2 sizes for 2nd and 3rd line

(I don't know the units one can deal with font size, so I just called it "size" and choose 1 as the base "step" - maybe more "steps" are needed in order to get results)

Thanks!
Sorry to say you're the only one voting for a "softer" white, and also sorry to say the voting has closed as ReMark is now awaiting approval. There are few text options for now with an RE without going to a "custom display", and I'm not sure how well that would work anyway, but I do see a need for some future solution if/when possible.

Seems the best thing is to wait and see if I can add a "text brightness" control in the future, or at the least one other text color option.

ReMark should be in the store any day now… :)
Selig Audio, LLC

clone

10 Apr 2015

Very, very nice. Thanks

Pinkbox

10 Apr 2015

Hi Selig,

I'm pretty sure it's impossible, but I'll ask anyway :)
Would it be possible to have something like "hypertext links" in Remark? Not hypertext links sending to websites (well, actually...), but sending the camera to a specified rack, like the "rack" button does on the mixer.
You can go to a rack with one click from the sequencer and the mixer, but you can't from inside the rack window.  A Remark with links would make a good "index" to the rack window.
This request may seem very specific, but as long as I spend 6 hours a day on Reason, I'd rather ask ;)

Cheers!

selig
RE Developer

10 Apr 2015

Pinkbox wrote:Hi Selig,

I'm pretty sure it's impossible, but I'll ask anyway :)
Would it be possible to have something like "hypertext links" in Remark? Not hypertext links sending to websites (well, actually...), but sending the camera to a specified rack, like the "rack" button does on the mixer.
You can go to a rack with one click from the sequencer and the mixer, but you can't from inside the rack window.  A Remark with links would make a good "index" to the rack window.
This request may seem very specific, but as long as I spend 6 hours a day on Reason, I'd rather ask ;)

Cheers!
It would be possible if the SDK supported this, which it doesn't. Cool idea though… ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

10 Apr 2015

Selig ReMark 2.0 is in the shop!
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product_page/3545/

Thanks to everyone who helped, whether your ideas were possible or not!
Selig Audio, LLC

Pinkbox

10 Apr 2015

thanks thanks thaaanks

• Information