ReMark 2.0 Shows the new Spring Colors!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
selig
RE Developer

02 Apr 2015

ReMark 2.0 is on the way, and showing off the new line of spring colors:Image 

New features include:
•The new R8.2 colors meticulously hand matched (yes, it's more difficult that you would think)
•Two new text lines, one above and one below the original
•Front Folded colors extend to top/bottom

The new version uses SDK2, so I suggest anyone still not on R7.1 or higher grab this now before the update. And yes, it will break your backwards compatibility, but your songs will seem brighter and more colorful!   ;)

In beta (fwiw) as we speak, coming soon!

Selig Audio, LLC

-008'

02 Apr 2015

Awesome. Thanks for the fast update Giles! :)
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

xRwu8

02 Apr 2015

This is hugely useful, and as important to me as the new colors in R8.2 itself!  :thumbup:   :t2018:

:reason: :recycle: :refill: :re: :rt:

clone

02 Apr 2015

AWW spring is in the air..

Arsenic

02 Apr 2015

Thanks for all the extra work, Giles.

clone

02 Apr 2015

How the heck do you change the color on this Remark? i right click and try to choice a color and nothing happens?

joeyluck

02 Apr 2015

Ugh! And I just bought it in all the original colors! And now you're bundling those with all the NEW colors for the same price?! WTF? Every time. I can't win.

selig
RE Developer

02 Apr 2015

Here's a proposed change from Reason user gwynebiau:

The tape strip is moved to the right, and the TOP text field is now the same as the FOLDED text field. This change allows the two new text blocks to be longer, and it seems to make a little more sense to me overall. Thoughts?
:)
Attachments
Screen_Shot_2015-04-02_at_12.10.46_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-04-02_at_12.10.46_PM.png (55.13 KiB) Viewed 2026 times
Selig Audio, LLC

EddieG

02 Apr 2015

awesome selig
thanks a million
:s0230:
stratcatfl in the house !

Last Alternative

02 Apr 2015

Right frikkin on, Selig! How much money are we talking here? I'd pay for this.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

ScuzzyEye

02 Apr 2015

selig wrote:The tape strip is moved to the right, and the TOP text field is now the same as the FOLDED text field. This change allows the two new text blocks to be longer, and it seems to make a little more sense to me overall. Thoughts?
That was my first thought to suggest when I saw it too.

selig
RE Developer

02 Apr 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Right frikkin on, Selig! How much money are we talking here? I'd pay for this.
This was a group project from the beginning, so still FREE!
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

02 Apr 2015

selig wrote:The tape strip is moved to the right, and the TOP text field is now the same as the FOLDED text field. This change allows the two new text blocks to be longer, and it seems to make a little more sense to me overall. Thoughts?
ScuzzyEye wrote: That was my first thought to suggest when I saw it too.
Good to hear - moving closer to release!
Selig Audio, LLC

craven

02 Apr 2015

selig wrote: Good to hear - moving closer to release!
you are incredibly fast! SDK2 only, right?
:ugeek:

selig
RE Developer

02 Apr 2015

selig wrote: Good to hear - moving closer to release!
craven wrote:
you are incredibly fast! SDK2 only, right?
Easy to be fast when the device pretty much does nothing… 
SDK2, Yup…
Selig Audio, LLC

stratatonic

02 Apr 2015

selig wrote:Here's a proposed change from Reason user gwynebiau:

The tape strip is moved to the right, and the TOP text field is now the same as the FOLDED text field. This change allows the two new text blocks to be longer, and it seems to make a little more sense to me overall. Thoughts?
Makes sense to me. :)

Any chance of an option to have black text on white?

selig
RE Developer

02 Apr 2015

selig wrote:Here's a proposed change from Reason user gwynebiau:

stratatonic wrote: Makes sense to me. :)

Any chance of an option to have black text on white?
I don't think I can have that as a user changeable feature, at least not the way I'm doing it. But I'm more of a creator/designer than a programmer, so I'm not positive. 

I could have it as black on white text always, but that would "break" the feature where you don't see anything but a black spacer with a tape strip as the default. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

stratatonic

02 Apr 2015

selig wrote:I could have it as black on white text always, but that would "break" the feature where you don't see anything but a black spacer with a tape strip as the default. :)
I guess that's why I was wondering if it could be an option - white text on black has always fuzzed my eyes somewhat... :frown: Looks like a useful RE, nonetheless. I'll try it out with the new update.

selig
RE Developer

02 Apr 2015

selig wrote:I could have it as black on white text always, but that would "break" the feature where you don't see anything but a black spacer with a tape strip as the default. :)
stratatonic wrote: I guess that's why I was wondering if it could be an option - white text on black has always fuzzed my eyes somewhat... :frown: Looks like a useful RE, nonetheless. I'll try it out with the new update.
I know, it's a little "80s" for sure. But again it was intentional so there wouldn't be big white rectangles on the front panel. Now it would be even worse since most of the front panel would become white due to the new text boxes. 

These color combinations only bother me when reading larger amounts of text than a line or two, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

…something just occurred to me - maybe the text shouldn't be quite as contrasty. By toning down the "white" to a more natural grey it may reduce the fuzz effect on your eyes. I'll give it a go and post it here shortly!
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

02 Apr 2015

Here's a darker text example to see if it 'reads' any easier.
Compare the old text color to the new.

OLD:

NEW:
Attachments
Screen_Shot_2015-04-02_at_6.35.55_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-04-02_at_6.35.55_PM.png (28.85 KiB) Viewed 1942 times
Selig Audio, LLC

ReasonUser

02 Apr 2015

I personally don't think the darker text is easier to read. But that's just me. I would go with white or something very close to it.

stratatonic

03 Apr 2015

I,m not sure about the darker text. it's hard to say as I am looking at it on a mobile. Probably needs to be somewhat lighter. Maybe it's the font that does it to me eyes. ??

selig
RE Developer

03 Apr 2015

stratatonic wrote:I,m not sure about the darker text. it's hard to say as I am looking at it on a mobile. Probably needs to be somewhat lighter. Maybe it's the font that does it to me eyes. ??
I'll try a lighter version for the text. Wish I had more control over the font. I could make it smaller which would be less blocky - but smaller. Maybe time for some experiments (in the morning).
Selig Audio, LLC

TheGodOfRainbows

03 Apr 2015

stratatonic wrote:
selig wrote:
selig wrote:Makes sense to me. :)
selig wrote:
selig wrote:Any chance of an option to have black text on white?

I don't think I can have that as a user changeable feature, at least not the way I'm doing it. But I'm more of a creator/designer than a programmer, so I'm not positive. 
I could have it as black on white text always, but that would "break" the feature where you don't see anything but a black spacer with a tape strip as the default. :)

Oh goodness please no! White text on black is perfect. Please don't change this. My eyes beg you. BTW, a dark theme for the forum would be swell if possible. BTWBTW, I love your DeEsser. I don't know how I ever lived without it.

Marco Raaphorst

03 Apr 2015

music notation would also a be great thing! beyond what you are doing here I know... but just saying :D

• Information