Irish Folk - Joe's Song for Emily

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
pushedbutton

16 Aug 2015

My cousin got married on Friday so her Dad went to a studio and recorded a song for her. I got to have a play with it the night before and came up with a little remix to add a bit of colour to the original mix of vocals, guitar and violin. I didn't want to do anything too drastic and I only had a short time but I think it turned out ok.
Comments and suggestions always welcome. :)
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

jappe

17 Aug 2015

pushedbutton wrote:

My cousin got married on Friday so her Dad went to a studio and recorded a song for her. I got to have a play with it the night before and came up with a little remix to add a bit of colour to the original mix of vocals, guitar and violin. I didn't want to do anything too drastic and I only had a short time but I think it turned out ok.
Comments and suggestions always welcome. :)
Hi!
Listening on mobile phone and it sounds gr8 here,very nice emotional tune too.

Last Alternative

17 Aug 2015

So cool. What a kid gesture for a father to do for his daughter. Very nice song indeed. Good man.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

mcatalao
Competition Winner

18 Aug 2015

Hi,

Interesting song, I'm a fan of Irish music, so it's nice to see such things in a reason related forum. I like the song overall, it has a ring to Whiskey in the Jar kind of theme, but when you named Irish Folk, i thought more about the traditional folk like Planxty's or the Chieftains...

But an Irish song without a thin whistle, or an Uillian...

Anyhow... I think you have something odd going on the mid-highs in the guitar, and there are a lot timming issues as far as the performance goes...

pushedbutton

18 Aug 2015

Yeah well I didn't have the stems and my tempo tracking might have been a bit rushed in places. The guitar, vocal and violin where already mixed before I got a turn but I've noticed a few places for improvement. I'm still recovering from the weekend on the town so I'm going to give my ears a few days to cool down before hitting night 3.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

pLansford

21 Aug 2015

Oh I listened to this on SC during my self-imposed forum ban. Nice to know the story behind it because I felt it was really sweet and genuine.

• Information