Looking for killer conga and bongo stuff.

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Last Alternative

02 Aug 2015

Either REfills or free WAVs. Top notch though. I need the best stuff you guys know of. I'm working on an electronic rock tune with a Latino groove in the verse and what I have isn't sounding right so please and thank you!
I've seen other peeps ask for this in the past on the PUF and it got a lot of help so I'm really looking forward to it! :)

Oh and natural hand drum type stuff preferred. I'm going for an organic feel with it, not synthy fake sounding. But I'll check out whatever you guys recommend.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

sdst
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2015

Top notch? these are the best I know

not free, but checks these, producersvault.com

jfrichards

02 Aug 2015

BTW Jason, conga and bongo samples are dramatically changed in tone by several very narrow Q EQ spikes, especially one bass freq, one mid freq and one high freq. Many can be made killer this way. Add a little reverb in certain frequencies too.

Exowildebeest

02 Aug 2015

jfrichards wrote:BTW Jason, conga and bongo samples are dramatically changed in tone by several very narrow Q EQ spikes, especially one bass freq, one mid freq and one high freq. Many can be made killer this way. Add a little reverb in certain frequencies too.
And it can be worth looking for dominant frequency spikes, and pitching it up and down until you reach a frequency/note that fits the track :)

pLansford

02 Aug 2015

This has been my go-to for a while. There's a boat load of other percussion too.

http://www.soundstosample.com/info/Soun ... ussion/395

Edit: these are one shot samples.

Benedict
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2015

Don't forget the programming/playing as Latin music uses different beats and syncopation to white boy music. Wikipedia can help there if you look up the dance styles like Mambo and Rumba.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information