Arpeggiated Notes exported into MIDI file?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
ChordMaster

02 Aug 2015

Anyone figured out a way to export arpeggiated notes from a chord into a MIDI file? When I try to export to MIDI file, I only get the chords that created the arpeggio, not the individual notes. Tried with the built-in RPG-8 as well as several rack extensions. Anyone figured out a clever way to intercept what's playing in "play" or "run" mode and store as individual notes somehow (doesn't have to be MIDI, can be any other type of file dump). I'm a computer programmer by trade, so a hacky solution outside of Reason is fine (such as dump-recording what's being sent to the soundcard for playing, etc.).

Exowildebeest

02 Aug 2015

Right click the RPG8 and click the option "notes to track". Then export that clip as MIDI :)

ChordMaster

07 Aug 2015

OK, that works for the RPG-8, but how about the rack extensions? Mercury, AutoTheory, Antidote, Parsec, and the Rob Papen synths? They all have arp functionality.

eusti

07 Aug 2015

ChordMaster wrote:OK, that works for the RPG-8, but how about the rack extensions? Mercury, AutoTheory, Antidote, Parsec, and the Rob Papen synths? They all have arp functionality.
As far as I know REs cannot do this yet. But there is a workaround to get the notes into Reason's sequencer...
http://www.pitchblende.co.nz/AutoTheory ... -Track.pdf

D.

ChordMaster

07 Aug 2015

Ah, great, thank you for that link. Yes, I know the REs can't do that, and their instructions clearly say that this is due to limitations in the SDK, but the forum rules prohibit discussing the SDK. And what this document describes is exactly what I was looking for when I said "intercept" and "hacky" in my original post. Thanks a bunch!

eusti

07 Aug 2015

You are welcome, ChordMaster. I think the forum rules regarding discussing the SDK are meant to make sure that no developer breaks their NDA... This part seems public knowledge, so should be safe to discuss...

D.

• Information