EMI 'midi learn' and VSTs

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jagwah

27 Jul 2015

I was excited about setting up a Reason template to work with Massive and I got started using Hamu's Mod Panel and it was sweet. Before going too far I tried changing Massive preset patches and all the CCs stayed with their assigned parameters on Massive, then I tried closing it and opening it and I lost them all. They are still set up in my template in Reason but it means I need to redo the process of 'midi learning' in Massive for every parameter I want CC assigned. Is this unavoidable or is there a way to save the CC assign values in a VST (particularly Massive)?

Thanks!!

Jagwah

28 Jul 2015

I have this set up just how I want and it works brilliantly, I can even take advantage of Reason's CV manipulation for any parameter, the only problem is once Massive is closed I lose all the CC assignments I have created. Do I really need to re-assign them all every time Massive is re-opened or am I missing something where they can actually be saved?

Also if any VST using people are reading this, is there any way to make a VST like Massive 'stay on top?' Reason gets focus as soon as it is touched...
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (551.05 KiB) Viewed 608 times

Olivier

29 Jul 2015

did you check: config/midi ?
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Jagwah

29 Jul 2015

eauhm wrote:did you check: config/midi ?
On Reason or Massive? Can you be more specific please...

Olivier

29 Jul 2015

sorry, on Massive. I remember you can save maps there. But i can be wrong.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Jagwah

29 Jul 2015

Thanks, I haven't fooled around with Massive much yet so I'm hoping I'm overlooking something. I don't know why my VST questions go unanswered so much, thanks for chiming in.

• Information