Refill packer don't see reason instalation [SOLVED]

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
K.Markov

26 Jul 2015

hi,

refill packer from 6 to 8.1 beta can't recognize reason instalation folder.
why?
what to do now? :cry:

tnx :puf_smile:

edit:
I did a copy of Factory and Orchestra soundbanks, and ID8.dat into folder "Soundbanks" (which I made), in Reason installation folder.
works without any problem :D
Last edited by K.Markov on 26 Jul 2015, edited 1 time in total.

normen

26 Jul 2015

Put a link to both the orkester and fsb into one folder and point to that. (idk if a link works on windows, maybe you have to put a copy of the actual files there)

- The sound banks are now in global folders, thats why the ReFill packer doesn't find them.

K.Markov

26 Jul 2015

yes, I'm on windows, and factory soundbank and orchestra are in "program data" folder, and reason installation is in "program files" folder. so, if I move soundbanks to one folder (now they are in each own), will reason recognize them?

syrokitty

26 Jul 2015

Ive had a similar issue on mavericks ever since i first tried 3 months ago. still no dice. -sigh- (my banks are also in the application folder)

PurpleMonkeyDishes

26 Jul 2015

If it is of any help. My R8 install messed up my refill packer. I did a parallel install of reason 7 so i have the option to use both, When I pointed refill packer to the r7 install rather than the r8 it started working again..
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

K.Markov

26 Jul 2015

well, news. I'm trying to do a pretty big refill, and after 20-30 minutes it's says "bad format". everything is as it need to be (samples, folders, patches). tired now, I'm gonna see tomorrow if I can do anything.

PurpleMonkeyDishes

26 Jul 2015

K.Markov wrote:well, news. I'm trying to do a pretty big refill, and after 20-30 minutes it's says "bad format". everything is as it need to be (samples, folders, patches). tired now, I'm gonna see tomorrow if I can do anything.
Just keep in mind that a finished pack must be 3.9GB or less. If the packer calculates you will hit 4GB or higher it will read "Bad Format" at around stage 4 of the packing process.
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

K.Markov

26 Jul 2015

hm. now uncompressed it's 7,5 - 8 gb. too bad. but anyways, I can leave it as it is, folders, waves, patches...

PurpleMonkeyDishes

27 Jul 2015

For this much information you must split into 2 refills. Samples in one and everything else in another. Then the 2 refills work together as one refill. I am not too sure why there is limit on size. Some believe it is to do with when they are being printed to cd rom for distribution etc..
Music is everything

PurpleMonkeyDishwasher

• Information