Best didgeridoo NNXT patch or ReFill?

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
joeyluck

20 Jul 2015

Looking to create a didgeridoo last minute sound cue for a show that is in tech and have limited access to things. I have a decent didgeridoo on my Motif Rack XS at home, but that's too far away. The FSB Thor patch is cool, but need more flexibility/articulations.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

hydlide

20 Jul 2015

there are 2 descent samples in the FSB > Other Samples > Chord-Phrases-Pads-Stabs.
Didgerdoo1
Didgerdoo2

joeyluck

20 Jul 2015

hydlide wrote:there are 2 descent samples in the FSB > Other Samples > Chord-Phrases-Pads-Stabs.
Didgerdoo1
Didgerdoo2
Thank you so much! I clearly didn't search thoroughly enough. This won't give me playability, but perhaps they will like the phrases. Or maybe I'll combine one of these with the phrase I created on the Thor.

Thanks again! :)

Marc64

20 Jul 2015

When I wanted a didgeridoo I searched on youtube for someone playing that and choped it up the way I needed :P

kylelee

22 Jul 2015

didgeridoo also available as an osc in malstrom synth

Emerton

22 Jul 2015

Marc64 wrote:When I wanted a didgeridoo I searched on youtube for someone playing that and choped it up the way I needed :P
And then you asked their permission I trust?

If it was an Aboriginie playing, be aware that it's a sacred instrument for them, and changing the key on them would be quite offensive, as there are sacred keys for example: http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB1026163679884217160
He doesn't approve of foreigners' adaptations of the didgeridoo: "It is just like if we went to your country and moved the stars and stripes around on the flag. This instrument belongs to our culture. It is a sacred object."

Marc64

24 Jul 2015

Emerton wrote:
Marc64 wrote:When I wanted a didgeridoo I searched on youtube for someone playing that and choped it up the way I needed :P

If it was an Aboriginie playing, be aware that it's a sacred instrument for them, and changing the key on them would be quite offensive, as there are sacred keys for example: http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB1026163679884217160
He doesn't approve of foreigners' adaptations of the didgeridoo: "It is just like if we went to your country and moved the stars and stripes around on the flag. This instrument belongs to our culture. It is a sacred object."
I chopped it up so much it can't be noticed :)

Emerton

24 Jul 2015

Marc64 wrote:
Emerton wrote:

I chopped it up so much it can't be noticed :)
So if no one catches you defecating on someone else's front lawn, that makes it ok?
Come on, it's their sacred instrument, and they have sacred keys. I'm just saying, if you like the instrument enough to use it, be respectful and ask permission. :)

jkelehear

14 Jan 2020

hydlide wrote:
20 Jul 2015
there are 2 descent samples in the FSB > Other Samples > Chord-Phrases-Pads-Stabs.
Didgerdoo1
Didgerdoo2
I'm brand new to this site, and forum. I'm currently using Reason 6.5, (as a "back-end" to Digital Performer 9.5).
I'm embarrassed to admit that I have no idea where to look for the above-mentioned path name. I don't even know
what "FSB" represents. -Please don't ridicule me too severely for this question.
I've logged on from work, and don't have much time to poke around this site at the moment.

Thanks,
Jkelehear

jam-s

16 Jan 2020

FSB = Factory Sound Bank (the big refill that gets installed with your reason installation).

In Reason 6.5 those sound might be in another place or not yet included, so you might have to search for them by name.

• Information