Ochen K has a new synth in the works!!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
JoshuaPhilgarlic

04 Apr 2015

Wow, this thing is so weird, can't wait to check it :D !

Upright

04 Apr 2015

Looks like an OP1

electrofux

04 Apr 2015

I would have loved to hear some patches made with this thing. Looks very capable. Not sure if i like the popup for resetting. But this seems to be a mouse handled device anyways. Or is there some technique behind mapping all those graph controls to Midi Controllers?
Also i wonder if there is a quick way to raise or lower a parameters value in a static way? Like an offset or something?

miscend

05 Apr 2015

It looks just like a Teenage Engineering OP-1. And Native Instruments already have a plugin called Driver.

Grinder One

05 Apr 2015

Looks and sounds very interesting..."Ochen K, more than just a Rack Extension".
The Latch looks very useful. I don't like the confirmation prompt for the reset though, this might get annoying very quickly, I would leave it out as Reason has a fantastic 'undo' feature...should we make a mistake.

Mart.

miscend

05 Apr 2015

IchMensch wrote:OP-1-ish?  ;)
ochenk wrote:
Actually, the original design inspiration came from ETC lightboards. Here's the first pic I took of a board that I thought might make an interesting interface: 

This is how the design inspiration looks to my eyes

zero01101

05 Apr 2015

the whole time i was watching that video i was giggling like an idiot :D
ochen, man, it's like you are a magic custom programmer genie that writes things specifically for my tastes and i thank you for it :)
i cannot wait to play with this brilliant little box

devilfish

07 Apr 2015

HOT !

unusual, different, versatile!
The thing is ... HAMMER

Keep it up!

Tincture

07 Apr 2015

Just watched the 30min beta video... Whoa! What a great concept. I usually reach for Subtractor when wanting to programme sweeps/builds/ etc but this synth will take that kind of patch building to another level. Amazing what one graph page can do. I take it that all of those points on the graph line can be moved (into say a sawtooth pattern) and not just the ends? Really looking forward to this one :)

littlejam

07 Apr 2015

hello,

superduper device, congrats!

after watching the video: i am curious if it would be user friendly to have the lower right 16 step sequencer light up red where it is in time (kinda like redrum)...

will be an instabuy!

:s0826: , j

littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

hydlide

07 Apr 2015

Awesome stuff OchenK! Can't wait to see this in the shop and go mental :D

davidicus

07 Apr 2015

damn unique, and a great new way to think about things. so clever. very impressed!

• Information