esoundz drums, not too happy.

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
gak

13 Jul 2015

So I went on a tiny binge after ready some things here. They were cheap, so it's nothing really lost.

Now the OW drums are gonna be usable. But was disappointed that after about 2.6 GB of date downloaded, they are not even refills with separate drums. Just the "ambient", the "medium" and the "dry".

I've already put a nice combinator together with those 3 that is going to be useful but I'd rather it had been 50-70 bucks and someone put the time into making a proper refill.

When I listened to the "Rod Morgenstein" and "Bill Cobham" kits on the demos, I guess I was just high or something :lol: The demos sounded relatively natural....mix a little.....seemed like something I'd use. WRONG! :( They are not just "not good", they are terrible! Sounds as stiff and stale as the first drum sample kits did. (I dunno, maybe they are that old)

Anyways, not trying to rag on esoundz, and again, I'm out short change (relatively) but man I'm disappointed.

At least the AP piano REALLY sounds great (whew!) That was 15 bones well spent!

kitekrazy

13 Jul 2015

I thought Neal Pert Drums would be better as well. I think maybe they should have used Kong instead of the NNXT.

bpmorton

13 Jul 2015

I have the NP drums and all three of the OW drums. My only complaint was that they did not break out the individual drums into their own NNXT's so you could easily mix and match. Sound wise they are fantastic.

Gardinski

14 Jul 2015

I too went on a crazy splurge, fuelled by 'bargain fever'. I was delighted with the Ocean Way drums and particularly the Neil Peart drums (which are right up my street, though I can imagine they may not be to everyone's tastes), but I was very underwhelmed by the 'EpiK Drumz' series (of which Cobham & Morgenstern are part, along with Bozzio, Woodmansey etc). They all sound rather lacking in comparison with the beauty (to my ears) of the Peart set.

I also picked up the two large R.A.W. sets, 'Complete Artist Pak' and 'Complete Style Pak'. The 'artist pak' is very good, in my estimation (and a superb deal at the price last week).

However, I'm regretting the impulse purchase of the 'Complete Style Pak'. There's far too much filler and pretty vacuous 'construction kit' type material (most of which are far too lacking in variety to be useable in any sophisticated manner, imho).

Serves me right for going back for seconds, I guess. Ah well... But at least Ocean Way, Peart and the 'Complete Artist Pak' are going to be extremely useful for my purposes, and I have no regrets about any of those whatsoever.

Gardinski

14 Jul 2015

Oh yes, and as Gak said, that Alan Parsons Imperial Grand is stunning.

gak

17 Jul 2015

One thing that I have explored a bit more is the idea imap. It's better. I have no f.... idea what I'm doing with it, but it's more flexible and sounds better (round robin)

I'm starting to think I may have a good plan for these after all (I'd love for a happy ending :ugeek: )

gak

21 Jul 2015

Hold up yo.......

You mean NNXT has different outputs????? How did I miss this????? Must explore, could solve all of my problems.

gak

24 Jul 2015

I'm just blown away. Sorry, I'm not a "sampler" guy. I didn't know.

But though I'm not totally finished, I'm working on getting the kicks/snares/hats/toms separated nice and neat like and I didn't even know it was possible. And in the OW case, spider should allow me to be able to mix/match various ambient.

Man, reason just blows my mind every day.

• Information