Korg Volca Beats

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
JNeffLind

01 Apr 2015

This is clearly OT...

Anyone have experience with the Korg Volca Beats? I'm looking for something simple to use for drums when playing coffee-house sets with my acoustic guitar. 

Here's a vid of it and it's two companion devices in capable hands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gau7UIzYY0

Here's the product page on Guitar Center dot com.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Korg-Volca- ... =109587733

Anyone have any experience with this device. I'm basically interested in issues of reliability, ease of use, etc.

selig
RE Developer

01 Apr 2015

Not OT if in the "Hardware and Other Software" forum (I'll ask Brent to move this)!
Selig Audio, LLC

JNeffLind

01 Apr 2015

selig wrote:Not OT if in the "Hardware and Other Software" forum (I'll ask Brent to move this)!
Oops. Good point. Thanks.

selig
RE Developer

01 Apr 2015

Technically not OT because it's the Kitchen, but I always try to think of future users and where they would expect to find things.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

01 Apr 2015

The Volca line is outstanding and I highly recommend them. I have the Volca Bass and it is so much fun. True analog. Can run on batteries. Awesome sequencers and MIDI in for use with the EMI (notes only on bass, the others have a few more MIDI mappable things).

JNeffLind

01 Apr 2015

joeyluck wrote:The Volca line is outstanding and I highly recommend them. I have the Volca Bass and it is so much fun. True analog. Can run on batteries. Awesome sequencers and MIDI in for use with the EMI (notes only on bass, the others have a few more MIDI mappable things).
Here's a specific question. How are they for sound if you're not running them through any sort of speakers, etc. Is there a built in speaker for bedroom practicing or is it required to use headphones?

CharlyCharlzz

01 Apr 2015

joeyluck wrote:The Volca line is outstanding and I highly recommend them. I have the Volca Bass and it is so much fun. True analog. Can run on batteries. Awesome sequencers and MIDI in for use with the EMI (notes only on bass, the others have a few more MIDI mappable things).
JNeffLind wrote:
Here's a specific question. How are they for sound if you're not running them through any sort of speakers, etc. Is there a built in speaker for bedroom practicing or is it required to use headphones?
forget the speakers they added , these speakers got no lows and are terrible but yhea for Learning the sequencer it's better then nothing (I did use them a bit when trainning on volca's) .

I buyed a small mini jack cabled speaker to run with the volca so I can feel them low's a bit and a 15 dollars one gived me 200% more bass and sound power .
they sound great otherwise but I would not say they are super top for lives unless you do simple things .

that sayed for the price they all Worth it and all got a special thing with there  sounds that make them exclusif .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

joeyluck

01 Apr 2015

JNeffLind wrote:
The built in speaker does a good job for jamming away from speakers. Will sound louder when placed on a hard surface as speaker is on the bottom. The Volca Bass (and keys) get perceivably louder with the tones and resonance. You will have a hard time hearing the low end of the kick on the Beats, but you can hear the kick for sequencing.

I even like having the one speaker for doing talkbox with my Volca Bass by just putting my mouth up to the speaker :)

CharlyCharlzz

02 Apr 2015

JNeffLind wrote:
joeyluck wrote: The built in speaker does a good job for jamming away from speakers. Will sound louder when placed on a hard surface as speaker is on the bottom. The Volca Bass (and keys) get perceivably louder with the tones and resonance. You will have a hard time hearing the low end of the kick on the Beats, but you can hear the kick for sequencing.
joeyluck wrote:I even like having the one speaker for doing talkbox with my Volca Bass by just putting my mouth up to the speaker
joeyluck wrote:
[/color]
joeyluck wrote: :)

now that sound fun , I will try that tonight !  wooaw why did I not think of this before :)
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

selig
RE Developer

02 Apr 2015

joeyluck wrote:Yup :) I do talk box with my phone as well. I have some files I created just for it lol.
HA HA - I read your comment as "I DO talk on my phone as well".
You mean that thing has a phone in it too?   ;)

Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

02 Apr 2015

joeyluck wrote:Yup :) I do talk box with my phone as well. I have some files I created just for it lol.
selig wrote:
HA HA - I read your comment as "I DO talk on my phone as well".
You mean that thing has a phone in it too?   ;)
Haha. Amongst my contacts, I seem to be the only one who really makes phone calls anymore. It throws some people off. Why am calling and not texting? Is there an emergency??? LOL

• Information