Korg M1 Piano Refill

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
Creativemind

11 Jul 2015

Hi!

Looking for a refill for the classic Korg M1 piano. Does anyone have one at all?

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

bitley

11 Jul 2015

It's copyrighted by Korg so one would have to ask them kindly & get a positive reply to be able to do this. Probably not doable.

bpmorton

13 Jul 2015

here you go. You will have to "re-find" the samples because these were nested in my songs folder. After that re-save the NNXT file and you are good to go. Just to be clear: These are my own samples that I made so there are no copyright problems with me uploading this file.
Attachments
Korg M1 Piano.zip
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 550 times

eusti

13 Jul 2015

bpmorton wrote:here you go. You will have to "re-find" the samples because these were nested in my songs folder. After that re-save the NNXT file and you are good to go. Just to be clear: These are my own samples that I made so there are no copyright problems with me uploading this file.
Thx!

D.

bitley

13 Jul 2015

"These are my own samples that I made so there are no copyright problems with me uploading this file."

I appreciate your effort but of course there are. Resampling something never makes the samples your own. It's just as if you'd sample something off a commercial track. It doesn't make the source material yours.

bpmorton

13 Jul 2015

I've been using a sampler since 1987....never seen any commercial sample vendor get sued over selling samples from an M1, D50 or any other rompler. Sure, I can't re-package samples other people have made, like your stuff for example, but I don't see a problem with making my own samples of one synth or another and uploading or selling them.

bitley

14 Jul 2015

D-50 is a different beast since it's fully OK to sample synthesizer / synthesized patches. The M1 is more of a sample player in comparsion and you can not sample its factory waveforms & sell those. You wouldn't be allowed to sample the D-50's internal waveforms either. A guy did that in trying to create a VSTi plugin of the D-50 recently and it was stopped at once with promises of legal action if he'd try selling it. Or giving it away for that matter. In short you can not legally share samples of the M1 piano.

bpmorton

14 Jul 2015

Rubber Chicken has been selling sampled Korg pianos since the 90's. Korg 05/rw and Emu Proformance piano included.

http://www.chickensys.com/products2/sou ... piano.html

bpmorton

14 Jul 2015

another thought. The Roland TR-707 is a sample playback device that contains samples that presumably are owned by Roland. What about this? Does Quadelectra make payments to Roland? Does propellerhead?

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... um-module/

Creativemind

15 Jul 2015

eusti wrote:
bpmorton wrote:here you go. You will have to "re-find" the samples because these were nested in my songs folder. After that re-save the NNXT file and you are good to go. Just to be clear: These are my own samples that I made so there are no copyright problems with me uploading this file.
Thx!

D.
Sorry mate this didn't seem to work?

sdst
Competition Winner

15 Jul 2015

funny I see many samples in internet of everything.

thanks.

bpmorton

15 Jul 2015

Creativemind wrote:
eusti wrote:
Thx!

D.
Sorry mate this didn't seem to work?
The samples and NNXT file are in the zip. Un-zip the file, place the NNXT file and folder of samples where you want them in your reason folder. Open the NNXT file in an NNXT...do a search for the missing samples. The samples will be missing because they are nested in my reason folder. On your system they will be in a different place so when you open the Korg Piano file for the first time the samples will be missing because it's looking for them in a location that is not there. Does that make sense?

Creativemind

19 Jul 2015

I got it, sorted. Works. I didn't have WinRAR installed properly.

• Information