What are you watching at the moment? (possible spoilers)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
gak

28 Jun 2015

John Wick.

I liked it. Had a tad of a comic book feel to it. Terrible part in the beginning (I won't give it away)

gak

30 Jun 2015

omg........"bitten" picked up for another season? :rofl:

Ok it's first season, gawd AWFUL it's second. What are they going to do this next season......vampires? 

Ocean of Waves

30 Jun 2015

I dug out the entire Friends series, True Detective has to wait.

gak

05 Jul 2015

Quite a bit.

First, I'm really enjoying the foo fighters "sonic highways" series. When it first came out I thought it was just one and it was the washington one (which I didn't like) Still, there is a special place in hades for someone who didn't mention Eric Johnson ONCE when doing the Austin segment. :lol:

And also "blazing saddles" for the first time in a long time. I always have a different emotion each time I see it. This time was that some of it is funny, and some of it is just stupid.

gak

05 Jul 2015

I tried to watch "snowpiercer" and was unsuccessful (other than fast forwarding hoping that SOMETHING got my attention)

It has a very high rating. I have no idea why. Frankly, unless you are bored out of your skull I'd avoid it at any cost.....spoiler time.

In the future, they seed the air with an agent that stops global warming but it freezes everything. A train is invented that never stops that people live in. It turns out there are different levels of prosperity on this train. Some "hero" fights his way to the front with various "cars" with the mentioned different levels. Then he finds the evil maker of the train and the train crashes and thus a new life is started from these people.

Inspiring. Except w/o acting, reasonable story, anything interesting, or being non predictable. In other words, someone said "hey, there is global warming.....bring me a movie to capitalize" and this turd was polished.

Jagwah

05 Jul 2015

Theo.M wrote:Underbelly first season is absolutely spectacular, but I heard it was never quite as good again in subsequent seasons. Only ever saw the first.. what you up to?
Underbelly is excellent, I'm very proud of Australian television and movies too for that matter.

There was the first season simply titled Underbelly, there is also 'A tale of two cities,' 'The golden mile,' 'NZ,' 'Badness,' and 'Fat Tony and co,' which are all full series. Oh wait there is also one called 'Razor' but I would pass on that one.

There is also 'The underbelly files,' which has three movie length episodes which are unrelated to each other.

Brilliant television, and all based on real events.

zeebot

05 Jul 2015

Jagwah wrote:
Theo.M wrote:Underbelly first season is absolutely spectacular, but I heard it was never quite as good again in subsequent seasons. Only ever saw the first.. what you up to?
Underbelly is excellent, I'm very proud of Australian television and movies too for that matter.

There was the first season simply titled Underbelly, there is also 'A tale of two cities,' 'The golden mile,' 'NZ,' 'Badness,' and 'Fat Tony and co,' which are all full series. Oh wait there is also one called 'Razor' but I would pass on that one.

There is also 'The underbelly files,' which has three movie length episodes which are unrelated to each other.

Brilliant television, and all based on real events.
I liked Underbelly Razor, gave a good account of the sort of backstory to the other seasons.

Just started watching True Detective season 2, looks fantastic and just as unsettling as the first.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

decibel

07 Jul 2015

i watched the sci-fi film "advantageous" a few nights back, was pretty decent , fans of that genre should enjoy it

also watched the first episode of the new series called "the brink" staring jack black amongst others, wasnt to bad but havent watched any subsequent episodes as of yet, its up to E03 now i think

apart from that just scanning youtube for all kinds of crap :)

Jagwah

07 Jul 2015

Terminator Genisys is sick. I was a huge fan of the trilogy, then I felt it was a cash grab after that, without even the original writers. Genisys is epic, really glad it's back on track, highly recommend if you were a fan of the original trilogy.

selig
RE Developer

07 Jul 2015

Anyone watching "Humans" on AMC? Only seen one episode, but it's looking promising. But I also like Mr. Robot, which others don't seem to appreciate as much as I do! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Resonator

07 Jul 2015

Shark Week aka Commercial Week

craven

07 Jul 2015

decibel wrote:did anybody watch the first season of "last man on earth" wasnt too bad etc
haha, yes, I did. It was really something else, but I had a hard time with the main character. I just don't get him sometimes, but that makes it very interesting.
:ugeek:

decibel

07 Jul 2015

selig wrote:Anyone watching "Humans" on AMC? Only seen one episode, but it's looking promising. But I also like Mr. Robot, which others don't seem to appreciate as much as I do! ;)
mr robot is far more appealing than humans at this point ;)

dhruan

07 Jul 2015

Blue Bloods on Netflix (2010-2012 CBS). Getting better by the episode... :)
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

gak

07 Jul 2015

Well, @ Mr Robot: The first episode wasn't bad. Why I decided not to watch it is it's too hypocritical for me. A drug addict who smokes that uses women for dope and then is going to change the world? Sorry, my bullshit meter just broke.

BTW, why don't they make a show about how people finally get even with the most evil corporation/s in the world (tobacco) ??? Because they'd never be able to fund it ;)

CharlyCharlzz

07 Jul 2015

I'm watching ReasonTalk S2 Ep07 ......épic

so when is (Fear The Walking Deads) starting ?
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

decibel

09 Jul 2015

gak wrote: BTW, why don't they make a show about how people finally get even with the most evil corporation/s in the world (tobacco) ??? Because they'd never be able to fund it ;)
true that , im surprised there is so many hollywood productions that are still so loaded with tobacco endorsement, and its almost always the shows, movies etc that are aimed at "so called" hip young audiences also, its no wonder you see so many kids still taking up the habit despite all the evidence of how unhealthy (deadly) it is. at the end of the day you cant stop people being stupid sheep though

anyway, has anybody been watching extant season 2 ? i kind of got side tracked during the first season and was wondering if its worth getting back on board ?

selig
RE Developer

09 Jul 2015

gak wrote:Well, @ Mr Robot: The first episode wasn't bad. Why I decided not to watch it is it's too hypocritical for me. A drug addict who smokes that uses women for dope and then is going to change the world? Sorry, my bullshit meter just broke.

BTW, why don't they make a show about how people finally get even with the most evil corporation/s in the world (tobacco) ??? Because they'd never be able to fund it ;)
I don't hold fictional characters to the same standard as real life people, so even if I did find it hypocritical I would still watch because the world is full of hypocritical characters (and it is far more believable this way IMO). And as far as story telling goes, some of my most favorite characters fit this mold quite well, Walter White in Breaking Bad being an excellent example. Boring/upstanding characters make boring stories IMO, as there is no room for transformation and plot twists, again IMO.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Kenni
Site Admin

09 Jul 2015

Yesterday I watched "Spy" - IMDB

I had 0 to no expectations but ended up laughing my ass off :lol:
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

decibel

09 Jul 2015

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1069238/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

oh and watched this again last night after deliberately not going near it for the last 3 years (i always take a long break between re watching films i really like), it was just as good as the first time i watched it and i will no doubt watch it again in another 4-5 years maybe :) i highly recommend it to anybody who enjoys quality cinema

Theo.M

10 Jul 2015

decibel wrote:
gak wrote: BTW, why don't they make a show about how people finally get even with the most evil corporation/s in the world (tobacco) ??? Because they'd never be able to fund it ;)
true that , im surprised there is so many hollywood productions that are still so loaded with tobacco endorsement, and its almost always the shows, movies etc that are aimed at "so called" hip young audiences also, its no wonder you see so many kids still taking up the habit despite all the evidence of how unhealthy (deadly) it is. at the end of the day you cant stop people being stupid sheep though

anyway, has anybody been watching extant season 2 ? i kind of got side tracked during the first season and was wondering if its worth getting back on board ?
In humans they show one of the main (of age, 40's) characters vaping which i think is pretty cool of them to do, definitely better than pimping smoking. A bit more responsible IMO.

Something M A J O R happens in the first extant of S2, which has just given it a whole new refreshing start for me, so i suggest giving it a go.

decibel

10 Jul 2015

ive seen electronic cigarettes popping up all over the place as well, i dont get it ? why dont people just quit and stop being slaves to these companys ? lol

anyway, watched the film "slow west" last night, its a modern western, it was pretty decent yeah :)

im about to put on the japanese film "parasyte part 1" before bed, looks like it might be fun ?

pushedbutton

10 Jul 2015

Halt and Catch Fire.
I binge watched the first series on Netfilx US via a proxy now I'm watching season 2 as it comes out using a dodgy streaming service.
If you're looking for factual accuracy about the 80's IT industry then don't look here but it's an AMC production with some very clever writing. If you grew up in the 80's and (as I did) and was a bit of a computer geek (as I was) this is a no-brainer.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

gak

11 Jul 2015

@extant: I thought it was cancelled?

Man, I'm out of the loop big time, there it is. Missed two episodes. Didn't care for season one but I have a tendency to see these things through.

gak

11 Jul 2015

Theo.M wrote:
decibel wrote:

In humans they show one of the main (of age, 40's) characters vaping which i think is pretty cool of them to do, definitely better than pimping smoking. A bit more responsible IMO.

Something M A J O R happens in the first extant of S2, which has just given it a whole new refreshing start for me, so i suggest giving it a go.
My favorites are BSG and 12 Monkeys and shows like that. Everything is dead and exterminated but they have their marlboros :lol:

• Information