Unable to remove notifications & posts per page

List your suggestions here for the reasontalk.com website (not Reason feature requests)!
Forum rules
Keep in mind that this forum is for Reasontalk.com suggestions, and not for support on your Reason Studios software.
Arsenic

04 Jul 2015

I have 16 notifications all dated 4th July but all are actually from several months ago. I can and have marked them as read, but there does not seem to be any way to delete them. They are of no use so a way to get rid of them once and for all would be appreciated.

Also, is there any way to increase the number of posts displayed per page. Currently it seems to be about 10 posts on each page which is too few. With some topics quickly spanning multiple pages, having to keep flipping to a new page is going to become tedious. Most forums allow this on a per user basis, either from the users control panel or at the bottom of the page.

I also notice that my post count has dropped. I can see one thread where there is definitely a post missing, so I assume that others are missing which would account for the count change. Any ideas why?

hydlide

04 Jul 2015

Arsenic wrote: I also notice that my post count has dropped. I can see one thread where there is definitely a post missing, so I assume that others are missing which would account for the count change. Any ideas why?
from a technical point of view I can the following answer regarding the post count:
- from the original import we have there are members that were deleted compared to what was hosted on reasontalk.com. This has nothing to do with the import itself, but is more related on the export. A good example in this is "Nicole" who had posted in the beginning, but was for some reason deleted.
- this above issue results in to threads that are missing.
- if you have replied in any posts of deleted users, then that would lead to a post count drop (And also resulting in to not able to found those topics)

Hopes this makes sense.

In addition, if you can remember a specific thread where you posted a reply on, please let me know. It makes searching for missing replies easier and we might also figure out where some bits might have gone wrong (if anything went wrong that is).

Arsenic

04 Jul 2015

hydlide wrote: from a technical point of view I can the following answer regarding the post count:
- from the original import we have there are members that were deleted compared to what was hosted on reasontalk.com. This has nothing to do with the import itself, but is more related on the export. A good example in this is "Nicole" who had posted in the beginning, but was for some reason deleted.
- this above issue results in to threads that are missing.
- if you have replied in any posts of deleted users, then that would lead to a post count drop (And also resulting in to not able to found those topics)

Hopes this makes sense.

In addition, if you can remember a specific thread where you posted a reply on, please let me know. It makes searching for missing replies easier and we might also figure out where some bits might have gone wrong (if anything went wrong that is).
I can't speak for anyone else's posts but but my count was down by 7 or 8 posts. If posts for accounts that are no longer active have been left out of the migration - I would guess it would depend on the whether those posts were of any value.

The one of mine that I can definitely say is missing was in the thread "Reason 8.3 - Weird behaviour while changing patches" There should be 5 posts in that thread, but there are only 2. There should be the OP, then a post from Selig. These are both there. There should then be a post from me, another from Selig and another from the OP. I honestly can't remember what the other missing posts are, but the old site gave my count at 83 or there about, here it showed at 75 when I finally managed to log in. I was just surprised that any posts were lost when we were told that all posts would be migrated

hydlide

04 Jul 2015

Arsenic wrote: The one of mine that I can definitely say is missing was in the thread "Reason 8.3 - Weird behaviour while changing patches" There should be 5 posts in that thread, but there are only 2. There should be the OP, then a post from Selig. These are both there. There should then be a post from me, another from Selig and another from the OP. I honestly can't remember what the other missing posts are, but the old site gave my count at 83 or there about, here it showed at 75 when I finally managed to log in. I was just surprised that any posts were lost when we were told that all posts would be migrated
i did some further digging. Last post that was saved before the host went down was in the export of 1st of July (2015-07-01 19:38:56 to be exact). Every additional post after that has been lost simply because the server went down before we even we'r scheduling the migration bit. We we'r just lucky to save most of it simply because we asked for a "test file" to set up the migration.

Originally the plan was to do a full migration once we had set up everything. However the original host pulled the plug on us. So we just have to roll with the idea that we have a gap of lets say 4 days.

http://reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&p=210402

Arsenic

04 Jul 2015

Ok, that explains the post count. Pity because I spent some time testing that issue and trying to write out a coherent response.

I had my second stroke earlier this year and it can take me a long time to write a post, especially when I am trying to explain things. I know what I want to say but I can't always get it typed out properly. I end up writing, deleting, re-writing and spell checking in a bid to be as clear and accurate as possible. Trying to get my posts to make any sense at all can be time consuming even simple ones like this one.

Anyway, that is why I was particularly disappointed with that post being lost. I could try and write it all out again, but it probably not worth it.

Now for the rest of the issues

• Information