A new RE rendering for all you reptile lovers

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Nirude

30 Mar 2015

I´m keeping old promises and I´m starting with a bang :)

Someone, I dont remember anymore who, asked in the PH-forums for this and I shall post renderings soon. A Teaser:

Sorry I dont know how to scale pics smaller in here....
Attachments
teaser.jpg
teaser.jpg (102.05 KiB) Viewed 2871 times
3d man.

pjeudy

30 Mar 2015

Yes...!! You are here :-)
I was disappointed I didn't take your information before PUF closing !!!
It was me who asked for your take on the Snakebite synth :-) Cool..looking forward to seeing it!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Exowildebeest

30 Mar 2015

Oooh looking forward to seeing how it turned out! Especially the snake head :) I imagine that part isn't easy without access to the original resources.

pjeudy

30 Mar 2015

I wonder if DLD Technology is aware of this teaser  :thumbup:
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

Nirude

31 Mar 2015

Heh, it didn't have a snakehead lastnight... now it does :) But I am not quite feeling those teeths.. Dunno if I should delete them..
Attachments
snake04.jpg
snake04.jpg (98.37 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
3d man.

pjeudy

31 Mar 2015

Looking Sick !!!!!!

EnochLight

31 Mar 2015

I'm confused at what's happening in this thread.  Are you doing updated graphics for Richard Harvie of DLD for Snakebite?  Or is this just a "messing around" type post?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Nirude

31 Mar 2015

Good question - answer:
I am doing this just for fun. I made some renderings of Subtractor before (and asked some developers to help me to acquire Synapse Audio Antidote, in return I could do renderings - luckily Synapse contacted me, did a bit of work for them and got Antidote).
And in that "help for antidote"-thread, Pjeudy, asked me to do renderings of Snakebite... I accepted the challenge.

Still of course - contact me at niiranen@gmail.com if interested in renderings.
3d man.

EnochLight

31 Mar 2015

Nirude wrote:Good question - answer: I am doing this just for fun.
Oh OK - cool!   ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

pjeudy

31 Mar 2015

Im hoping ... I like this new look... and hoping even more that the dev might consider a new UI !

Nirude

01 Apr 2015

Attachments
edit.jpg
edit.jpg (88.63 KiB) Viewed 2431 times
3d man.

CR68

01 Apr 2015

wow! this looks awesome! are you an 3d artist or is this just a hobby?

eusti

01 Apr 2015

Looks great... Though the light in the image seems to be slightly different on the keyboard vs the rendered device...
On the keyboard I see a bigger, soft source from the front... ;)

D.

pjeudy

01 Apr 2015

Man that looks real !!! Real good !!!

Nirude

02 Apr 2015

CR68 wrote:wow! this looks awesome! are you an 3d artist or is this just a hobby?
I do renderings and animations in an engineering company and I like to do this also at home. Mostly weekends and/or when my wife&daughter sleeps.. Only problem: lack of computer power. Takes about an hour to get a decent rendering...
3d man.

ScuzzyEye

02 Apr 2015

Nirude wrote:Takes about an hour to get a decent rendering...
Back when I started doing 3D renderings I was on a 486 DX2/66. Low-res previews* would take 15 minutes or more. Then when I'd set up a print-ready, 300 dpi rendering it could take 24 hours. I would have given anything to wait only an hour. :)

*The worst thing was I had an image due for a project that had to be at the printer in about 27 hours. I know the render would take about 23 hours based on my low-res tests, so I set it up, and a little while later went to sleep. I woke up in the morning to have a look at the progress. The scene was the interior of a restaurant floating in space. A star field was visible outside of the window. I was simulating the stars by using a procedurally generated marble texture. It was all black, with a thin band of white running through it. I had set the perturbing factor really high so when the texture was sampled the band wasn't visible, but instead there was a small chance of any pixel picking up the white color. At least that's how it worked without anti-aliasing at a low resolution. With a lot more detail instead of a few pixels of white, the band was visible, twisting all over the place because of the high perturberance. The window was in the top half of the scene, which was now visible, after the elapse of 12 hours. I didn't have enough time to fix it and start over. So I just had to turn it in as is. Only one person asked why the stars looked so strange.

Aliasing artifacts have been my enemy ever since. ;)

Nirude

02 Apr 2015

My story from the 486 era: I got interested about rendering, thought need much more power. Decided to buy a Cyrix 5x86 cpu, after installing it I opened 3D Studio r2-3-4 (still running on DOS), I only got some error message and the program didn't open. So there I was alone with no 3D anymore (no internet also that time), thought what I could do.. Then I got familiar with Scream Tracker and Impulse tracker. After some years came Windows 95, only played games, made music and switched back and forth between Dos and Win. Then somewhere around Win2000 and XP I started to play again with 3dsmax as I heard it was 3D studio but in Windows. Later one friend showed me Reason 1 and I was blown away with it. Now my main arsenal is Reason 7.11 and 3dsmax :)
3d man.

ScuzzyEye

02 Apr 2015

Was using POV-Ray since the 0.5 beta. Luckily it still worked when I replaced my 486 chip with an AMD 5x86 133.

I also was really into Scream, and then Impulse Tracker around that same time too. We should have been friends back then. :)
Attachments
Snakebite-04.jpg
Snakebite-04.jpg (196.96 KiB) Viewed 2287 times

Nirude

02 Apr 2015

So like... here it is :)
Enjoy.

Attachments
Snakebite-03.jpg
Snakebite-03.jpg (419.34 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
3d man.

eusti

02 Apr 2015

Looks really nice!!! :)

D.

Ocean of Waves

02 Apr 2015

Christ, that's good!

PSoames

02 Apr 2015

I can't stop staring at it!

Love the fact that your work is completely sympathetic to the original design too.

If it's not a rude question or bound in contractual secrecy, were the Dune 2 renders on Synapse Audio's Web & FB pages yours?

DLDTech

02 Apr 2015

I'm absolutely loving these renders - but they'd fail acceptance testing as all instruments must have a note on indicator! 

Megasaur Supersaw synth now released Follow @DLDTechnology for new stuff!

selig
RE Developer

02 Apr 2015

Looks AMAZING. Only oddity I see is the totally different looking logos comparing the front to the back. I'd love to see the logo done to look like a glow in the dark decal myself, somewhere between the brightness of the two logos presently (but maybe with some glow on the panel). 

The look I'm talking about is for those stars etc. you can stick on your ceiling, like these:
Image  Image 
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information