Your first "finished / shared with others" track, ...

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Jan 2015

Mine is on my back up hard-drive somewhere (I say somewhere, I know exactly where it is lol). In fact I'm going to share it on discover and link here.

Yorick

17 Jan 2015

What do you mean? Like, our first singles we released? Or our first demos we played another person?

avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Jan 2015

I'd say play by ear. Everyone's experience was different as some of us had never composed, others may have had years of experience composing, so maybe your first "project" was uber crud ;)

zeebot

17 Jan 2015

My first 'track' was a collaboration with my friend way back in 1993 using cubase on an Atari. We thought it was amazing, we recorded it on tons of tapes and sent them off to all the major dance record labels in the UK (and some abroad). We thought we'd just sit back, wait for the offers and then it will be all parties and chicks from there on in.
How naive we were, didn't hear a damn thing from anyone.
That was my welcome to the music industry :D
As for the track, from what I remember is was pretty much a 4/4 beat, high hats, claps and rubbish baseline and a generic 'rave' lead. It was pretty bad.
We discovered the freebie tempo delay vst that was floating around then and thought it was a great idea to put it on virtually everything lmao!
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

3rd Floor Sound

17 Jan 2015

As far as Reason goes...
This was the first song I *finished* and shared proudly.

and this was the first thing I ever created in reason lol

º REFILLS 
º Youtube
º Twitter
º Facebook

3rd Floor Sound

17 Jan 2015

Oh holy shit, they embed automatically? That's awesome.
º REFILLS 
º Youtube
º Twitter
º Facebook

zeebot

17 Jan 2015

3rd Floor Sound wrote:Oh holy shit, they embed automatically? That's awesome.
Yeah I noticed that last night and was mightly impressed.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Emian

17 Jan 2015

don't know for sure, but i believe my first track was made in FruityLoops 4 (i still have a legit copy of that layin' around here somewhere....), and i was having loads of fun with the included speechsynth... therefor, the track was titled "kids want sex with animals" (don't ask, but it sounded way funny spoken with the "old lady voice" of the speechsynth) ... :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Jan 2015

Shiiiit. I'm just listening to some old music I made in like 2003. I'm surprised as it's not as bad as I remember.

Here's one of my first. http://phead.mu/s/Wivw0aQf

TheFatControlleR

17 Jan 2015

Probably this one;

It was one of eight tracks/videos knocked up to support a student protest (at the closure of the Philosophy department of Middlesex University, London in 2012).

There had been other tracks 'done' prior, but this was the first completed wholly in Reason to be unleashed in a n unsuspecting world. Earlier shizz had been done using various other software.
Total numpty doin' his own thing for the craic and relaxation - it's cheaper than a therapist, and more satisfying.
~|~
'Live fat, die young, and leave a self-basting corpse for the burn up...' - TFC
93s

tibah

17 Jan 2015

The first ever? Oh lordy. That's probably made in Music for the PSX, recorded to tape, lost somewhere (gladly)! ;)

Yorick

17 Jan 2015

Cool idea... As far as Reason goes I just went back to my old files and found "Water Rhythm Sections.rns"  for this song as being from July 4 2002, which other than "default song" is the oldest Reason file I have.

https://hugolugo.bandcamp.com/track/wal ... raison-mix

Yorick

17 Jan 2015

Other than early live TV stuff, the oldest recording I have online or on a computer anywhere is this song from 1992: https://hughwilson.bandcamp.com/track/guiding-hand
The demos from before that are on cassette or DAT somewhere. And I don't have a working cassette or DAT player... :frown:

frog974new

17 Jan 2015

my fisrt try was programmed on a TO7 , just making basic melodic ( Au clair de la Lune ) with Lego code :D

an the first track shared , made on Amiga 500 on somes Modtrackers ( spend a lot of time on it )

platzangst

17 Jan 2015

The first music I made that I shared with anyone was in college, in a class called Electronic Studio I.

This would have been around 1986.

gullum

17 Jan 2015

started recording on 4 track tape recorder back in late 80's I have some of that on tape somewhere but no tape recorder to play it on

Marketblandings

17 Jan 2015

Probably this done on a VHS tape sized handheld called a Yamaha qy-10. 1994

http://youtu.be/rSJ7KSRwVyI

Yorick

17 Jan 2015

frog974new wrote:my fisrt try was programmed on a TO7 , just making basic melodic ( Au clair de la Lune ) with Lego code :D

an the first track shared , made on Amiga 500 on somes Modtrackers ( spend a lot of time on it )
Man I had an Amiga 500 back in the day, in Sydney. I had no idea you could make music with it, as per the whole Amiga 500 tracker revival going on now. I was using a Tascam 688 at home and 24 track tape in studios. I reflected on that recently, how I missed a whole movement. But then realised that's a post-internet viewpoint. Without the internet how was it possible to find people doing it outside my immediate circle? Everyone making music I knew, was doing so with tape, or using Cubase on an Atari. The internet really is an information revolution. Connecting otherwise completely disconnected people, into shared knowledge.

Sympleman

18 Jan 2015

My first track back in 2012.  Ive been playing guitar for 36 years and purchased Reason to start recording some originals and this is what happened. :thumbup:

Yorick

18 Jan 2015

frog974new wrote:my fisrt try was programmed on a TO7 , just making basic melodic ( Au clair de la Lune ) with Lego code :D

Yorick wrote:
Man I had an Amiga 500 back in the day, in Sydney. I had no idea you could make music with it, as per the whole Amiga 500 tracker revival going on now. I was using a Tascam 688 at home and 24 track tape in studios. I reflected on that recently, how I missed a whole movement. But then realised that's a post-internet viewpoint. Without the internet how was it possible to find people doing it outside my immediate circle? Everyone making music I knew, was doing so with tape, or using Cubase on an Atari. The internet really is an information revolution. Connecting otherwise completely disconnected people, into shared knowledge.
Check this out Frog, this was what blew my mind: 

Yorick

18 Jan 2015

An Amiga Acid mixtape!

• Information