Forum Growth Question?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Purpleb

17 Jan 2015

I was and am more of a forum lurking, but I would post some questions and comment on some things here and there.
But sometimes I would not visit the forum for a few weeks, months, etc., but every time I would jump back in with a new question, check out what has been going on in the Reason/RE world, etc. I would always see the familiar users, avatars, and great answers/reviews...which made it always feel like home and I never left.
I see a lot of those users and avatars here which is awesome and such a great, great way to start up ReasonTalk!! These users are NEEDED and the core to start this thing up right and make it work. This is why I joined ReasonTalk and why I think a ton of other users are going to also be joining ReasonTalk in the near future. ReasonTalk to me seems like it is going to be the new #1 alternative to the old forums.

Enough babbling, I have 2 questions.

How are new users who do not want to facebook, tweet, or snapchat(lol) w/pheads going to get here? or users like me who did not sign in for a few weeks and when they do they are going to be really mad and shocked that the forum is just gone, is there a plan or something in the mix to let them users know about ReasonTalk?

This is probably going to be a blatant NO WAY, but do you think propellerheads would ever put a link to here on their new site? Something kind of stating that this is the "unofficial" reason forum. I feel if they did that it would at least be the one thing they could do to not make this whole thing feel as bad as it does for most of their core and casual users, RE and Refill developers, etc. A last sign of mutual respect for the over 10 years that many have put into the forums and their reason community.

Thanks

esselfortium

17 Jan 2015

Given that their new website plan includes getting rid of their forum, and their 2014-era design only featured a small link at the very bottom of the page, I would be surprised to see Propellerhead officially link to us.

Hopefully we'll be able to grow our userbase via Google search results. By being the place to go for useful and informative posts and discussions about Reason, we should be able to enter the search rankings when new users are looking for answers to their questions.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Lunesis

17 Jan 2015

They have a sticky for the few days they have left, but I have already registered the URL with Google and put in meta tags for 'Propellerhead Reason Forum'. Not sure what I can do beyond that but I am open to any suggestions.

Namahs Amrak

17 Jan 2015

I would suggest that after a few months, pass the hat around for donations, and start a Google Adwords campaign. This will also give you very solid tracking stats as well

Don't run the campaign yourself if you don't know what you are doing, because it can get very expensive very quickly unless a dedicated Adwords Manager is overseeing it. Who know, maybe I'll volunteer if that's the path you want to go down.

That's a big maybe though, depending on how many photos of naked women are posted here.
My Words are my ART

hydlide

17 Jan 2015

Purpleb wrote: How are new users who do not want to facebook, tweet, or snapchat(lol) w/pheads going to get here? or users like me who did not sign in for a few weeks and when they do they are going to be really mad and shocked that the forum is just gone, is there a plan or something in the mix to let them users know about ReasonTalk?
I will play my part to spread the word for new users.

jfrichards

17 Jan 2015

All the ReasonTalk members can go onto the various official Prop sites for various reasons (their webpage, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, etc.) and always add a link to this forum.  Any cool things that happen here (competitions, reaching 300 members, special deals for RT members, new sub-forum added, latest work released by a member, etc, etc.) can be posted on all the Prop sites.  Any work released by members on Soundcloud, Youtube, websites, etc. can include a link/description/update of ReasaonTalk.  This can all be constant so new people see it.

And that's just the beginning...

frog974new

17 Jan 2015

Lunesis wrote:They have a sticky for the few days they have left, but I have already registered the URL with Google and put in meta tags for 'Propellerhead Reason Forum'. Not sure what I can do beyond that but I am open to any suggestions.
to improve the referencement
- backlink with others sites
- for your URL ( 3 words fo meta tag is too short , need above 10 to 60 words )
- if you have a google+ , fB , twitter account share topics on thoses media
- create a siteMap , Xmlmap

soon after the 22/01/2015 i'll make update news on our forum ( french comminity ) i put all new sites about reason ( link, info ... )

SteveDiverse

17 Jan 2015

...and can always name drop this site on the props social media - especially if someone asks a question on facebook...answer it by posting a link to a relevant thread here
:reason: :reload: :record: :ignition: :refill: :re: | :rt: FTW

• Information