Antidote

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Melody303

18 Mar 2015

It's been a long time since I trialed Antidote, and in that time it got a new filter among other things.

Could anyone please record a few filter sweeps from its different filter types (The Sallen Key, the Diode, and say the 12db or the 24db default LP) with a few different resonance levels each, to help me and others like me in similar circumstances decide whether we want to buy it now? Preferably on a simple 1 oscillator sawtooth wave played at C2.

Thanks~
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

Benedict
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2015

Hi

Ok here goes. This is 320k MP3 of Antidote sweeps playing C2
  1. 5x 2-Pole Low Pass
  2. 5x 4-Pole Low Pass
  3. 5x 4-Pole Diode Low Pass
  4. 5x 2-Pole Sallen-Key Low Pass
  5. 5x 2-Pole Bandpass
The Five sweeps are at different Resonance levels
  1. 0%
  2. 25%
  3. 50%
  4. 75%
  5. 100%
There is then a second set as above but with Voice Count 12 (Unison), Detune to 50% and Spread to 100%

There is no Compression or other processing past a M-Class Maximiser which doesn't show any reduction. These can get LOUD, esp. on pass 5 on the Diode and Sallen-Key so take care.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/686 ... Sweeps.mp3

This file won't stay here forever so download it now.

This old video of mine may shed some light as I find synth brass very revealing of a how a filter really behaves and its ability for subtlety. That and I adore synth brass. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI9cF1BUK38

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Melody303

18 Mar 2015

That Sallen-Key and the BP (which I didn't even ask to hear) are really seductive, though not for the full price. I'll save the file to reconsider again when the next sale comes around.
Thanks a lot for that comprehensive mp3, it really helped a lot! :)
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

Benedict
Competition Winner

19 Mar 2015

Sallen-Key is probably the single most exciting filter in Antidote. The others are all a bit meh in my mind. They do the job but rarely will I jump up and go "there, I have to build something with that sound". That said most people love Antidote and I do use it a bit so I am not unhappy with my purchase.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

eXode

19 Mar 2015

The "Fatty" filter in Etch RED and TRES is also based on the Sallen Key. So that might be something to think about if you want that sound (although TRES is monophonic).

Kazz

21 Mar 2015

eXode wrote:The "Fatty" filter in Etch RED and TRES is also based on the Sallen Key. So that might be something to think about if you want that sound (although TRES is monophonic).
Thanks for the info!  I finally picked up Etch RED last time it was on sale, but I haven't had time to dig into it too much...the Sallen Key is my favorite filter in Antidote though, and I'd been hoping it would show up in another stand-alone filter device, not realizing it had been there the whole time!  :s0959:

• Information