Summer Storm (all Parsec RE)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Benedict
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2015

Hi All

Even tho not long since "Travel Destinations" I find myself knee deep in a new project that is coming really fast. This one is based on the time honored Four Seasons concept so well trodden by Vivaldi and a host of others.

ALL sounds and sfx in this track are from Parsec, really just because I wanted to. Also I wanted this album (and track in particular) to be a bit brighter than my usual.

Summer heat hangs in the air, along with insects and wind chimes. Then the storm breaks.

Feedback welcome

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

JNeffLind

18 Mar 2015

It sounds great. Very atmospheric and dynamic in terms of big steps within the piece. I particularly liked the beginning. It's cool that it's all Parsec. Very versatile synth. 

eusti

18 Mar 2015

Impressive, Benedict!

D.

Benedict
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2015

Thanks

Because this has been going fast I worry that I am writing wubbish. That same old fear eh.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Ecopro

18 Mar 2015

Sounds great! very organic and dynamic. Impressive sound you got out of Parsec, really. The only thing, to me...it sounds like a winter track more. It may be the icy Parsec sounds on some parts that give it this chilly vibe. :) The strings parts are awesome btw.
Guts Electronic Mayhem

Benedict
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2015

Thanks Mr Pro

I guess it is a disconnect putting a chilly synth in a hot and humid place. Mostly I wanted that hot, cloying hanging feel of a summer afternoon and Parsec can deliver that in spades - even if it does sound digital as an ice cube in the process.

I cheated with the Marcarto Patch tho as it is a FSB preset and it fitted so well for that big bowed cello thing. Playing back and forth with the more conventional synth string really makes it pop out. Insects and wind chime were a doddle. Getting any synth to sound like rain is a challenge ;)

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Emian

18 Mar 2015

thsi is a greatshowcase song for Parsec, i agree with Ed its amazing wich sounds you produced with the synth . very nice atmospheric vibe. Parsecs "glassy" sound can be heard here & there, but still, very impressive soundpalette !

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Benedict
Competition Winner

18 Mar 2015

Thanks Emian

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Last Alternative

19 Mar 2015

A storm on another planet. Then it sounds like alien bugs buzzing at night after the intro. Sweet how the bass creeps in so low and gradual. The orchestral-ish attack came in suddenly but just as fast joined the lead "violin" in a beautiful melody. Some parts sound sad and then are uplifted like a self-determination. I can't say I'm reminded of Summer but music means something different to everyone.

This is a nice switcharoo from your Side-stepper stuff but also totally your style. I love it. Never knew Parsec could do all that. When it ended though I wished it was longer. I feel like this could be a 1st movement. Let me know when your album is done.

-Jace
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Benedict
Competition Winner

19 Mar 2015

Thanks guys

Everything I write sounds like it belongs on another planet LOL

Star Stepper was definitely a different place from this. I wasn't sure Stepper really worked but it had to be done. This is very rushed but I feel it too will deserve its place. Aim here has been to be more New Age so scary and dark were largely ruled out on the decision block.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

• Information