[Synthpop] One More Day by Pacific Deep

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Some Desperate Glory

16 Mar 2015

It's been a little while but here's a new song from Pacific Deep.  This one grew from a cool 8-bar bass loop that Raymond came up with.  Carl then added a guitar line dripping in delay and reverb and a new song was born.  The track also features Raymond's DSI Mopho.  Hope you like it!

Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

am0eba

16 Mar 2015

Like it very much!

I think the new gear and approach suit your strengths. Very different vocal on this one, and I'm loving it!  Nice chorus, and great vocal harmonies as well. Very nice!

_Dave_

:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

Last Alternative

16 Mar 2015

Kicks off with a New Order bang. Goes into a modern 4 on the floor kick. Love that guitar-ish thing that comes in 2x in the verse. Nice sounding double tracked vocals. Awesome panning/swirl fx on the synths in the chorus. I really like that rhythmic bass. The mix sounds perfect on my speakers. Catchy song.
Great 80s song. Man you guys were born in the wrong era. I bet you'd be big in the 80s. Damn shame.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Ecopro

17 Mar 2015

Raymond just got the damn DSI mopho and he's already a master at it!? :D This track encompasses all Synthpop elements of yesteryear and adds a special touch for the modern day. Also, I like your voice with this deeper tone, perhaps this is a lower key for you?, but it works really well with this style. I'd say stay in there and churn out the tunes. :)
Guts Electronic Mayhem

JNeffLind

17 Mar 2015

Cool. I like how you keep the instrumental backing pretty spare on the verses to leave room for the more "sound effects" type stuff in the background. Chorus is peppy and energetic. Seems like good pop.

Some Desperate Glory

20 Mar 2015

am0eba wrote:Like it very much!

I think the new gear and approach suit your strengths. Very different vocal on this one, and I'm loving it!  Nice chorus, and great vocal harmonies as well. Very nice!

_Dave_
Thanks Dave!  This one is a bit more soulful in the vocals.  I've gotten some nice feedback about it, maybe I'll try to sing like that more.
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

Some Desperate Glory

20 Mar 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Kicks off with a New Order bang. Goes into a modern 4 on the floor kick. Love that guitar-ish thing that comes in 2x in the verse. Nice sounding double tracked vocals. Awesome panning/swirl fx on the synths in the chorus. I really like that rhythmic bass. The mix sounds perfect on my speakers. Catchy song.
Great 80s song. Man you guys were born in the wrong era. I bet you'd be big in the 80s. Damn shame.
We have Raymond to thank for that awesome bass guitar intro.  That guitar-ish thing is actually me playing guitar haha but with a ton of reverb and delay on it to make it sort of spacey.

That is really nice of you to say about us being big in the 80s.  I love 80s music and it's fun to write.

Some Desperate Glory

20 Mar 2015

Ecopro wrote:Raymond just got the damn DSI mopho and he's already a master at it!? :D This track encompasses all Synthpop elements of yesteryear and adds a special touch for the modern day. Also, I like your voice with this deeper tone, perhaps this is a lower key for you?, but it works really well with this style. I'd say stay in there and churn out the tunes. :)
Thanks, Ed.  Raymond is amazing me with what he's getting out of that little beast even though he really hasn't had it very long.  

Churning out the tunes sounds fun, as soon as I finish up this long-term project at work...

Soft Enerji

21 Mar 2015

Really catchy tune guys..........top work!

Emian

21 Mar 2015

cool to hear from you guys again ! that guitar-thingy that comes in 2x in the verse (that LA already mentioned) is way cool, & adds a nice bit of darkness! the lower key fits your voice perfect, Carl !
very solid track again, can't tell anything bad about it :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

• Information