Let persuade KiloHearts to make there new device a Rack Extension !

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

13 Mar 2015

:s0801:  Let send them our Opinion. "Yes we wants this for the RACK EXTENSION format"

The core concept is a band splitter with up to 5 bands. We call them lanes. For each lane you can add effects and then the bands are mixed together again.
What are those small effect boxes?
Glad you asked! We call them snap-ins, and they are actually stand-alone effect plugins all by their own, but you can use them in Multipass as well as coming kHs "Snap-in host plugins". And we have a lot of them!
You can use as many, or as few, snapins as you like with Multipass, and you can order them however you like. This lets you do a whole bunch of cool stuff that was pretty clunky to do before, combining lots and lots of plugins. With multipass it's a super simple process.
Ok, yeah. I could see that being useful. But what snap-ins will be available?
As I said, we have quite a bunch of snap-ins, and we're aiming for many, many more. Here's our current list:
ImageImageImage
  • Bitcrush
  • Chorus
  • Comb filter
  • Compressor
  • Delay
  • Distortion
  • Filter
  • Gain
  • Haas
  • Limiter
  • Phaser
  • Pitch Shift
  • Resonator
  • Stereo
  • Trance Gate
  • Formant Filter
On top of that, all our older plugins will be compatible with Multipass as well! That means you can use Disperser and Faturator on just the 410-515 Hz span if you really want to!
Radical dude! So where can I get this thing?
Alas, you can't. At least not yet. We're coming up on our closed beta. We haven't set a release date yet, but we can assure all of you that we are working very hard to be able to give you the Multipass and the entire snap-in library as soon as possible.
Will I be able to run Multipass on my TI-83 Graph calculator?
Multipass will be released as 32 and 64 bit VST as well as AU. People always ask us about Rack Extensions. All we can say is that we aim to release some of the snap-ins for Reason. But who knows what the future holds?

Alright, I got to go. Talk to you guys later.
/ Kiloheartsg

**EDIT** I'm going to link this page to there Tiwtter account hopefully they will read it! :-)

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Lizard

14 Mar 2015

I'm almost certain I saw a post from him with regards to this product and that he intends to bring it (in parts) to the Re format.  Unfortunately I can't cite you the location.  I may of seen it on the PUF before closure.  Perhaps someone else can verify.

EDIT :  Duh.  OK I see the bottom of your post.  I thought he stated for certain he was going to do Re of some of them.  Well.... a little push never hurts.  The more interest the more likely he will.

EnochLight

14 Mar 2015

Kilohearts already confirmed on their Facebook page that these will be ported to RE as separate modules. ;)

*UPDATE: it's in their January 23rd post. See pics.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (7.15 KiB) Viewed 1359 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

joeyluck

14 Mar 2015

I sure wish half-unit Rack Extensions were possible.  Or a Rack Extension that could load modules...

To be honest, I wish they would just hold off and wait for one of those two to become a possibility.
I'd prefer the latter option. Maybe they could be the dev to help push for the 'snap in' technology for Rack Extensions.

Even though this is different than Turnado, I still feel like it's another one of those great ideas that isn't as spiffy when broken apart.
As in the whole is greater than the sum if it's parts...

Sure this is what the Reason Rack and Combinator are made for...  But these are cute little effects and I like the way they deliver them with multipass.

pjeudy

14 Mar 2015

EnochLight wrote:Kilohearts already confirmed on their Facebook page that these will be ported to RE as separate modules. ;) *UPDATE: it's in their January 23rd post. See pics.
Jan 23rd!? ..LOL..good thing I'm not a news reporter ..lol Dam I'm late with this info  :crazy:
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

pjeudy

14 Mar 2015

joeyluck wrote:I sure wish half-unit Rack Extensions were possible.

Maybe they could be the dev to help push for the 'snap in' technology for Rack Extensions..
exactly..
that's Why Like Enochlight/You and others have been doing..contact these developers and see if they are interested or show them there is interest from the REASON community.  I remember on there YOUTUBE page Softube said people where asking for there pultec device for REASON...so they delivered (never mind the rest of that story)

kloeckno

14 Mar 2015

SDK 2 will allow for interchangeable modules if they use the custom displays. Look at the new Zvork SL-1, it is indeed possible. ANd it would look almost identical to the VST since those graphics are vector graphics too.

pjeudy

16 Mar 2015

Just a reminder..... just because a developer doesn't reply to a thread conversation doesn't mean that they are not reading it. :-)

KiloHeart has read this thread! So if you have thoughts and opinions...post them! :-)

EnochLight

16 Mar 2015

pjeudy wrote:KiloHeart has read this thread! So if you have thoughts and opinions...post them! :-)
Well, I hope they read this then: make them with interactive custom display widgets if you port these to RE!  I'm still disappointed that Kilohearts still haven't fixed the displays on One RE now that the displays could be made to show the changes in Oscillator shapes and Shaper err.. "shape", like they do on the VST.   ;)  I realize it's a small thing, but it's very useful to see the feedback IMHO.  
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

craven

17 Mar 2015

pjeudy wrote:KiloHeart has read this thread! So if you have thoughts and opinions...post them! :-)
EnochLight wrote:
Well, I hope they read this then: make them with
EnochLight wrote:interactive custom display widgets
EnochLight wrote: if you port these to RE!  I'm still disappointed that Kilohearts still haven't fixed the displays on One RE now that the displays could be made to show the changes in Oscillator shapes and Shaper err.. "shape", like they do on the VST.   ;)  I realize it's a small thing, but it's very useful to see the feedback IMHO.  
another vote for including interactive custom displays on One. I got One but I waited with Parsec for this very reason. Props should use their own toolset and update Parsec. I don't understand why they didn't already. 
:ugeek:

EnochLight

17 Mar 2015

craven wrote:Props should use their own toolset and update Parsec. I don't understand why they didn't already. 
Agreed.  I'm at a loss why they haven't added this to Parsec.  I would almost consider it a "fix" for an incomplete feature.  

joeyluck

17 Mar 2015

pjeudy wrote:Just a reminder..... just because a developer doesn't reply to a thread conversation doesn't mean that they are not reading it. :-) KiloHeart has read this thread! So if you have thoughts and opinions...post them! :-)

I agree with others... They should attempt to deliver this in the same form as the other formats. If it is possible it would make the device unique and standout.

We've seen plugins broken up before... It won't garner as much attention/sales...only posts from folks complaining about the RE format and how devs always have to make compromises. And then someone else will chime in to defend the RE format and say, "but they could have." In which someone else will ask, "well why didn't they?" And then there's another argument about what the format is capable of, what the dev is willing to do, and NDA is thrown around etc.

We have custom displays with SDK2. And Synapse showed some creativity with SDK1 with Antidote's effect section. If its possible, do it. If it's not, just wait until it is... That's my opinion :)

EnochLight

17 Mar 2015

joeyluck wrote:We have custom displays with SDK2. And Synapse showed some creativity with SDK1 with Antidote's effect section. If its possible, do it. If it's not, just wait until it is... That's my opinion :)
This is a good point that bears repeating (are you reading this, Kilohearts)?  With custom displays, Kilohearts could technically deliver Multipass in one single RE product, making the effect "modules" all accessible by an interactive custom display widget.  

Going the Sugar-Bytes route and doing the effect modules as separate products will definitely leave a sour taste in some Reasoners mouths.

• Information