Antidote Love

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Rook

13 Mar 2015

Just wanted to share some love for this amazing synth. I made my first big RE purchases during the holiday sales, including Antidote. So glad I did.

Every time I load it up, I'm floored by it. It sounds so incredible. I also really like the interface and how straight-forward, yet flexible it is. For basic subtractive synthesis (which is the majority of what I do), I think it's my favorite soft synth ever...even compared to vsts. Sylenth1 comes close, but I still prefer Antidote's sound over it.

It's becoming one of the things that keeps me using Reason, at least in the writing/production stage. Synapse Audio did a kick ass job with this one.

Emian

13 Mar 2015

it is indeed a great synth, the OSC's sound so full !

the built-in FX are awesome, the reverb of Antidote is standard wired to the SSL in my template, as send-FX.

in some ways i think Predator has more functionality (4000+ presets & an amazing ARP to control other synths, but Predator just doesn't sound as lush as Antidote... they complement well even, i believe ;)

Enjoy your purchases (curious what else you bought ....)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

normen

13 Mar 2015

The simple adding of voices when using detune makes this thing a true beast for "fat" sounds. Really one of the few synths that I bought because I saw added value. I'm not a guy who needs 10 synths that basically do the same thing (and theres loads of synths in the shop that don't do anything else than the ones that ship with Reason) but this one should be the RE synth that every Reason user should have :)

zeebot

13 Mar 2015

Love Antidote, have you grabbed the free refills that were floating around the community?
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

joeyluck

13 Mar 2015

Rook wrote:I also really like the interface and how straight-forward, yet flexible it is.
I still want lines on the knobs :)

lowpryo

13 Mar 2015

I put off trying Antidote for a long time because I always thought "what would it be able to do that Thor can't already do?"

but man, when I tried it, I was hooked. The voice spread makes it very easy to do something that would require a few Thors inside a combinator. also I love the sound of the "sub" faders - it doesn't just add a sine-wave, it's a deliciously gritty and rumbly oscillator to mix into your sound. I guess it's not good if you like having control over every little aspect of your sound, but it's been my go-to since I bought it.

eXode

13 Mar 2015

I love Antidote, it's probably my all time favorite RE (or one of them), not only because of the excellent sounding synth engine, but also thanks to the (imho) high quality FX. It sounds great out of the box in a way that would require lots of layering with other synths and FX in Combinators for achieving a similar sound.

It's easy for some users to think that it's only suitable for modern dance sounds, but even if you don't stack up voices on the oscillators it still sounds great imho. It also does 80's style analog polyphonic type sounds as well as classic bass and lead sounds. I think that the filter models included fit very well next to the existing offerings inside Reason.

I did have to take quite a long brake from Antidote (not from using it, but from programming it) after doing many of the factory presets, but when I finally got back into it I rediscovered all the great sounds that it can do. :)

WeaponizedCornflakes

13 Mar 2015

joeyluck wrote:I still want lines on the knobs :)
You and me both man. Seriously.

pbc278

13 Mar 2015

I think Antidote was my first RE purchase ;-) But certainly not the last!
Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

Rook

14 Mar 2015

Emian wrote: it is indeed a great synth, the OSC's sound so full !
the built-in FX are awesome, the reverb of Antidote is standard wired to the SSL in my template, as send-FX.
in some ways i think Predator has more functionality (4000+ presets & an amazing ARP to control other synths, but Predator just doesn't sound as lush as Antidote... they complement well even, i believe ;)
Enjoy your purchases (curious what else you bought ....) 
Yeah, I agree about Predator. It seemed more modern and edgy to me. I did the 30 day trial and it's cool, lots of options...but I just didn't jive with it for the kinda stuff I do.

When I got Antidote, I also got the Props sale bundle of stuff (PX7, Radical Piano/Keys, etc.) and the Beats booster pack of refills. So, basically got everything covered now, instrument wise. And I love PX7 too!

chimp_spanner

15 Mar 2015

I missed out on this when it was on sale. One of my biggest regrets...only slightly exaggerating haha. It really is great though. 

Kazz

15 Mar 2015

Antidote is still my favorite synth RE. :)

I think Revival, Parsec and others can make some fantastic sounds too, but Antidote is the easiest to get great sounds from. :)

Mattvank

26 Jun 2022

Richard, it´s tyty and Antidote is still a great job. Well done!

Jac459

26 Jun 2022

Can't loose an opportunity to agree on this one. Antidote is awesome. The one I would certainly take on a desert island lol...
Bitwig and RRP fanboy...

Aquila

29 Jun 2022

Emian wrote:
13 Mar 2015
I do the same thing! That reverb is lush and thick! Makes me wish Synapse released it as a standalone or multi-fx device.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2022

Aquila wrote:
29 Jun 2022
Emian wrote:
13 Mar 2015
I do the same thing! That reverb is lush and thick! Makes me wish Synapse released it as a standalone or multi-fx device.
Synapse Deep Reverb is the same as on Antidote.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Aquila

29 Jun 2022

Is it? I remember trialing it a while back and it seemed different. Might have to see if it goes on sale again.

Heater

29 Jun 2022

MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2022
Aquila wrote:
29 Jun 2022

Not sure it is but Deep Reverb is my favorite reverb. Would pay for a hardware version.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Jun 2022

Heater wrote:
29 Jun 2022
MrFigg wrote:
29 Jun 2022

Not sure it is but Deep Reverb is my favorite reverb. Would pay for a hardware version.
It is.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

eXode

01 Jul 2022

I have a faint memory of Richard mentioning that the hi and lo cut slopes are different, but other than that the Antidote and DR-1 reverbs are the same.

• Information