My first Take song for the, uh... taking...

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
C//AZM

16 Mar 2015

Thanks, I just saw the Sound cloud comments. thanks guys

Some Desperate Glory

16 Mar 2015

C//AZM wrote: OK this is not mixed, just still a scratch pad. I'm trying to get used to posting on here, hope this works. This is all Reason with the exception of the vocals which I tuned in Melodyne. I may mix it later but I decided to take the track in a sort of different direction than the original.
Wow this is really good.  Totally professional sounding.
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

Last Alternative

16 Mar 2015

Lots of potential. This is perfect for the kind of music you hear at Victoria's Secret and pretty much everywhere else in mall stores. Usually it's all bland repetitive stuff but I've heard some good ones sometimes. This one would trump most of it but also fit in that scene.
C//AZM- great job with Jubilee's vocals! You totally nailed the indie-pop sound. Which I always prefer over commercial pop. Reminds me of all the awesome underground music in GTA5.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Julibee

16 Mar 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Lots of potential. This is perfect for the kind of music you hear at Victoria's Secret and pretty much everywhere else in mall stores. Usually it's all bland repetitive stuff but I've heard some good ones sometimes. This one would trump most of it but also fit in that scene.
C//AZM- great job with Jubilee's vocals! You totally nailed the indie-pop sound. Which I always prefer over commercial pop. Reminds me of all the awesome underground music in GTA5.
I worked for Lerner while I was in college (Lerner later became NY & Co, and was always part of The Limited, as is Victoria's Secret)... and this is EXACTLY the kind of thing that they would put on the instore music CD.  Which they replaced only once every four months. And we had to play it on repeat forEVAH...LOL
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

Last Alternative

16 Mar 2015

^ Well maybe you should push your music to them. You never know with a great mix---you might end up being played at the mall :)
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Julibee

16 Mar 2015

Last Alternative wrote:^ Well maybe you should push your music to them. You never know with a great mix---you might end up being played at the mall :)
Ummm...Yay?

;)

Digitus

16 Mar 2015

With Jubilee's permission, I would love to do a dance mix of this but I don't own take or Reason 8.1. Could someone please upload it to soundcloud, dropbox, or something?

Julibee

16 Mar 2015

You have my permission to do either one of these two songs --- and that goes for anyone else who is wondering (that's why I posted them!)--- but I can't help with transferring to another format, unfortunately.  Also I feel like I should note that these were just messing around, and not my best work. It's just my iPhone... 

Probably I should upgrade if I'm going to do this kind of thing...

Last Alternative

16 Mar 2015

Hey anywhere your music gets played is a good thing. When peeps like a song they look it up and you have another fan.

Julibee

16 Mar 2015

I know it.  It's the truth.

Oh, but Mall Music. Ouch. ;)

Last Alternative

16 Mar 2015

A lot of people go to the mall.......... I'm just sayin :s0403:

Digitus

16 Mar 2015

Julibee wrote:You have my permission to do either one of these two songs --- and that goes for anyone else who is wondering (that's why I posted them!)--- but I can't help with transferring to another format, unfortunately.  Also I feel like I should note that these were just messing around, and not my best work. It's just my iPhone... 

Probably I should upgrade if I'm going to do this kind of thing...
Thank you Julibee. I figured you wouldn't mind but I thought it still polite to ask.  :)

C//AZM

16 Mar 2015

Digitus wrote:With Jubilee's permission, I would love to do a dance mix of this but I don't own take or Reason 8.1. Could someone please upload it to soundcloud, dropbox, or something?

If you have the internet on the same computer as reason then you might be able to use the computer output as the input for Reason and simply record it to Reason. It worked well for me in Protools with my interface and probably will with Reason too. If you need, I can upload it to Soundcloud but it will have to be tomorrow afternoon...the next time I will see a computer. sorry'

C//AZM

16 Mar 2015

I don't have version 8 either, or Take. Won't stop us, will it?!

Julibee

16 Mar 2015

Might be able to grab it with Audacity, too - I had to do that once when I needed something and my friend couldn't make it downloadable at that very moment or something like that... can't remember exactly what happened, but it worked pretty well.

ebop

16 Mar 2015

Awesome!! Thanks for posting the vox Julibee. I'm gonna have a play with this.

ps. I liked the beat in the original track to, boompty boomp DC styles.

C//AZM

19 Mar 2015

Sorry, I'm a bit late with this. Here's the acapella.

C//AZM

19 Mar 2015

..And this one is tuned, if you need it. Once again, sorry for the delay. I get days off then days of complete wall to wall busy.

Digitus

20 Mar 2015

C//AZM wrote:..And this one is tuned, if you need it. Once again, sorry for the delay. I get days off then days of complete wall to wall busy.
That sounds great! Could you please enable downloading for it?

C//AZM

20 Mar 2015

DOH!!

Try that. It should be downloadable on both acapellas.  Let me know it it doesn't work.

Digitus

21 Mar 2015

C//AZM wrote:DOH!!

Try that. It should be downloadable on both acapellas.  Let me know it it doesn't work.
Thank you...  :)

• Information