My first Take song for the, uh... taking...

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Julibee

10 Mar 2015

http://phead.mu/s/UsYOeNJA

DRY, VOX ONLY VERSION:  http://phead.mu/s/cqhRwNbF

Have at it. 

I'd do it myself, but I don't have 8.1.... Was just playing around this morning, warming up for something else, and this happened.  

I haven't done anything at 120bpm in a long time. You may need to autotune it. I recorded just to drums, so I don't know if I stay on key the whole way through. Likely not. LOL

(edit) added dry vox version, per Enoch's request)
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

pushedbutton

10 Mar 2015

:s0221: :s0801: :t2018: :t2018: :t2018:    :t2018: :t2018:   nice.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

eusti

10 Mar 2015

Julibee wrote:http://phead.mu/s/UsYOeNJA

Have at it. 

I'd do it myself, but I don't have 8.1.... Was just playing around this morning, warming up for something else, and this happened.  

I haven't done anything at 120bpm in a long time. You may need to autotune it. I recorded just to drums, so I don't know if I stay on key the whole way through. Likely not. LOL
Neat! Can't you just do one without the drums and then import it into 7?
Just guessing as I don't use Take...

D.

Julibee

10 Mar 2015

Actually, I don't think I can Eusti... it only gives me option to open in 8.1, and I don't have it.

If anyone else can open it, feel free to open and save a vox wav file (or three...) to share here?

Sorry, Eusti. :frown:

EnochLight

10 Mar 2015

Julibee wrote:Actually, I don't think I can Eusti... it only gives me option to open in 8.1, and I don't have it.

If anyone else can open it, feel free to open and save a vox wav file (or three...) to share here?

Hey Julibee,

Could you turn the background track's volume down (the percussion) and post your vox track acapellas instead?

Cool track BTW!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Julibee

10 Mar 2015

Yeah! Sure! Should I make it dry, too?

ETA:  I don't actually know how it opens in 8.1--- does it separate into individual tracks?

Julibee

10 Mar 2015

EnochLight wrote:
Hey Julibee,

Could you turn the background track's volume down (the percussion) and post your vox track acapellas instead?

Cool track BTW!
Done.  I removed the beat completely and made the vox completely dry:  http://phead.mu/s/cqhRwNbF

eusti

10 Mar 2015

Julibee wrote:Actually, I don't think I can Eusti... it only gives me option to open in 8.1, and I don't have it.

I wasn't asking for me, I was asking to allow you to work on it in 7!
Thank you for your reply though!
Maybe someone with version 8 can render those stems for you?
I'm still on 7 too!

D.

Julibee

10 Mar 2015

Ah! Yeah, I mis-read that. :)

I'll probably get 8.. eventually... 

eusti

10 Mar 2015

Julibee wrote:Ah! Yeah, I mis-read that. :)

I'll probably get 8.. eventually... 
Yeah, maybe... But more likely if there is an 8.5 version... Or 9...
We'll see... ;)

D.

Julibee

10 Mar 2015

Made another. 

Orig: http://phead.mu/s/nkjEmP6A
Dry:  http://phead.mu/s/nkjEmP6A

Honestly, I could do this all.day.long. Sing along with some beats? Write some simple lyrics for dance music? Sing 'em loud? Wham Bam Done. :D

EnochLight

10 Mar 2015

Julibee wrote:Yeah! Sure! Should I make it dry, too?

ETA:  I don't actually know how it opens in 8.1--- does it separate into individual tracks?
Cool - thanks!  

When you open a dropped Take song in 8.1, it's just the stereo mix.  Currently you have to solo each track and drop each "stem" in separate drops.  I'm sure changing it to stems is in the works at some future point, as Discover/Drop to Prop is in beta technically.

At any rate, I can work with your stereo mix.  Thanks!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Julibee

10 Mar 2015

Meaning that I should upload three tracks if I've used them all? Just want to make sure I'm getting this right (working blind, here!)...

EnochLight

10 Mar 2015

Julibee wrote:Meaning that I should upload three tracks if I've used them all? Just want to make sure I'm getting this right (working blind, here!)...
Yes - assuming you used all 3 tracks available in Take, you would solo each one and drop them one by one. I mean, if you want to share the stems that is. If you'd rather just share the mix down as-is, that's cool too. Just might open up mixing and creative avenues with each stem. ;)

I'm really digging this track, BTW!

Julibee

10 Mar 2015

Yeah, exactly - If I'm going to SHARE, I'm going to SHARE, right?*

I know that it's hard for people to find vox to work with.  Sometimes, I feel generous. ;)

*All of the ownership rights and how that actually works thing notwithstanding.  Just having a laugh, here. Still not entirely behind the whole concept. Don't get rich without me, ok? LOL

jappe

11 Mar 2015

Today I found out that I can run Melodyne on my Mac; great news for me:-)

I think I really need to watch all Melodyne tutorials, I sometimes struggle with avoiding unwanted sound artifacts when I'm tweaking pitch and vibrato.

Perhaps we have some Melodyne expert onboard?

I'll dropped the result unlisted for now, in case someone wants to use it for their contribution - I guess I'll remove it later.
I think I'd get a better result if I clean up the track before analyzing in Melodyne. (I didn't clean it afterwards either btw...tired lol)
Melodyne is also supposed to manage polyphonic material, but if I try to tweak the duet parts, horrible sound artifacts occur.

http://phead.mu/s/MkElQljA

Oh and ofc, don't drop it from the Reason instance you load this from, we don't want anything to be listed beneath my little Melodyne test:-)

JNeffLind

12 Mar 2015

I could have sworn I responded to this thread. Something about how I liked the singing but wanted to hear more polished stuff from Julibee. I actually think if I was on 8.1 I'd pull a couple samples from that Take bit just to have. Juli has a very distinctive voice and style.

Julibee

14 Mar 2015

JNeffLind wrote:I could have sworn I responded to this thread. Something about how I liked the singing but wanted to hear more polished stuff from Julibee. I actually think if I was on 8.1 I'd pull a couple samples from that Take bit just to have. Juli has a very distinctive voice and style.
Sorry.. just now found this...

You want to hear more polished stuff from me? You mean, like... a finished album or something? Like, professionally mastered and everything?

Because that exists. ;)

C//AZM

15 Mar 2015

I don't have vers. 8yet but do you mind if I take a crack at it?

Julibee

15 Mar 2015

C//AZM wrote:I don't have vers. 8yet but do you mind if I take a crack at it?
Please do!  Thats why I posted it! ;)

C//AZM

15 Mar 2015

OK this is not mixed, just still a scratch pad. I'm trying to get used to posting on here, hope this works. This is all Reason with the exception of the vocals which I tuned in Melodyne. I may mix it later but I decided to take the track in a sort of different direction than the original.

Julibee

15 Mar 2015

You did!  You pulled it back into something a little funkier, yet somehow more chill...  Thanks for sharing, C//AZM!   :D

C//AZM

16 Mar 2015

C//AZM wrote: OK this is not mixed, just still a scratch pad. I'm trying to get used to posting on here, hope this works. This is all Reason with the exception of the vocals which I tuned in Melodyne. I may mix it later but I decided to take the track in a sort of different direction than the original.
I guess you didn't like the harmony on the hook? :-(
lol

Julibee

16 Mar 2015

No, no!  I DID!  Was a good idea!  What I said on Soundcloud... I meant it to mean that I would have done something similar if I had had more tracks to work with on Take.  I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.   :)

eusti

16 Mar 2015

Looking forward where you're going to take the track, Chaz! Neat so far!

D.

• Information